August 23, 2014 | 1815 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Gentle Gel Eye Make Up Remover [DISCONTINUED]

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by MSANGELMB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gentle is good, but too gentle that it does not even remove the eyemake up. This one was so baad that the shadow would not even come off much less the mascara and the eyeliner. Never agin. Don't waste your money!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In terms of removing makeup, I'd say this works pretty well. At night, I use a cleansing oil plus Purity Made Simple to take all of my makeup off, but I sometimes still have a little left lingering. This just seems to oily in my opinion...I generally have to pat it off with a tissue and water to get the residue off of my skin. I also use eye makeup remover while doing my makeup if I mess up or want to clean up lines, but this leaves a residue that affects the rest of my makeup. I will probably still with a water-based remover in the future.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I didn't like this stuff. I like the concept, but I think part of the problem is that I needs me some oil in my makeup remover (i.e. Clinique make-up remover). I'm just used to that feeling I guess. I felt like I had to use a ton of the product to get the makeup off. The product is quite soothing on the eyes (the cucumbers, maybe?) and I like the scent but, I won't buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by JillyKins9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am suprised by the reviews for this product. I have struggled to find an eye makeup remover that I liked. I guess I have sensitive eyelids because other products have caused my eyelids to become red and irritated. However, I absolutely LOVE this product.

I moisten one cotten ball and rub it over both eyelids. It removes all of my eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara perfectly. Some have complained the remover is oily. Initially it may seem that way, but after wiping off all of the eyemakup the oilyness disappears. Sometimes it is helpful to take a dry cotton ball to remove any extra eye makeup remover that may be left. My eyelids are left makeup free and feel moisturized, with no irritation! I will definitely be buying this product again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by cr4ckthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This isn't the best out there. I've never had any problems with this product having an oil-y consistency, which is why I like it. However, it doesn't do a great job of removing my mascara and eyeliner. I typically have to use it again in the morning to wipe off any residue that didn't come off overnight.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by RochelleRoyalty

-Pros:
Removes light makeup

-Cons:
Need a lot of time and effort to remove makeup
Can sting eyes but not too bad
Doesn't remove heavy duty makeup like waterproof makeup and foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by mochino

HELLS TO THE NO! I have never hated any product more than this. ( in fact, i dont think ive ever even hated any ..) I tried both the oil based and non-oil based formulas. UH, in terms of taking off your water proof mascara, the oil based one is SLIGHTLY better. but as with any oil based remover, you can only imagine the mess youre gonna have to clean up if you accidentally spill some. NOT FUN. Basically, I would just AVOID any oil based remover .. i hate the way it would make my eyes feel anyway.. that oiliness. gross

MOVING on the the PURPLE bottle, non-oil based formula.
that one is THE WORST, it does absolutely nothing. after going through my lashes with a SOAKED cotton ball for the 3rd time, id say about 50% of the product still remains on my lashes. NOW, i only used 1 coat of covergirls lash blast...

YEAH. thats how bad it is. and im gonna blame this on the product.. i lost 5 lashes in the process of taking off my makeup too. ok not a big deal but I only have so many to begin with.. at this rate. i would be lash-less in a week.

DO NOT BUY and almay, i hate you.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2009 10:11:00 AM More reviews by annasuilover

I recieved this item in a swap. I tried to use it as many times as possible, which is more than half the tube. I really hate this product. It is useless. I always still have to use another form of makeup remover after this. Waste of money and do not even want it if it's free.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by freshpineapple

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This gave me chemical burn. The consistency is gooey and thick - more or less the least appealing texture for putting so near your eye. It is also VERY hard to get off, which is a problem as I appear to be very allergic to it. My eyelids are all puffed out and bright red. (24 hours after use)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2007 9:38:00 AM More reviews by adard1

I am writing this because I am having to wear my glasses (which I hate). I guess my aim is horrible and this stuff got in my eye. My eye has been flaming red for a whole day now. It doesn't even work that well. My mascara is pretty crappy so that may have something to do with it, but I am left scrubbing to get it off