September 19, 2014 | 1830 users online

Moisturizers - Weleda - Everon Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by DrTierraFierce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg, words can not explain how much I love this stuff. I had red scaly dry patches in my cheeks and forehead and face kept peeling and would get cracks on the side of my mouth. Although I am using another plant bases line that helped with my red dry patches, I definitely need this stuff to make the peeling dead skin go away completely. This stuff soaks up well, non-greasey, lasts all day, really protects my skin and the price is cheap but good products. I will be checking out more products from this line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by alina08

For skin emergencies, I know I can always turn to this product. I cannot always use this cold cream, because it tends to break me out if my skin is doing alright. On the other hand, when my skin is itchy and peeling in the winter (even though it is oily), I can rely on this cold cream to zap the flaking overnight without turning me into a greaseball. I can also selectively pat it on over makeup during the day to help keep my face from looking greasy or my makeup from caking. I think that the price is also very reasonable. I like the metal tube packaging, which is Weleda's signature packaging, because it allows you to squeeze every last drop out. This is a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Snaggletooth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've used this stuff for years, since before the product name changed, and have always loved it. It's not the right texture for my skin as a general facial moisturizer, but it is PERFECT for chapping, windburn, dry cuticles, rough skin patches, etc. I'm always especially grateful for it if I get a cold--my nose gets so red and painful and chapped and cracked. I put this on and it is instantly soothed. If I remember to put some extra on before bed every night, I find that the I've-been-sick nose skin heals extra quickly.
Also, I know Weleda makes an Everon lip balm, but I find the texture a bit too waxy, and I love to put this on my lips when I don't want shine. It soaks in and feels wonderfully soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by MegPea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use it as a night cream. Love it. No greasy feeling and smells lovely to boot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A must for dry, aging, winter skin that looks blah. Gives a moist dewey glow and perfect for wearing under make-up. I put a pea sized drop on my palm, press together palms to warm it and just press onto my face. I use once a day in the morning all over. At night I use coconut oil and this product just around the eyes. My skin has responded beautifully. My skin finally feels healthy and glows! If it's a little much for your skin, I would rec using it as an eye cream or at least on your cuticles. A must try product if your skin is like mine!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love all Weleda products so I am a bit disappointed that this didnt work for me. It is indeed very moisturizing and great for sensitive, dry skin; but I think the peanut oil in this might be a little too heavy for my skin since I experienced some small breakouts the same day I would use this. It looked beautiful underneath my Dalton conceal-it concealer (which I use as full face foundation) since this cold cream gives you a dewey. moist healthy glow. But like I mentioned, I would get these little pimples that very same day. I only tried it a few times and it nearly happened every time. I would then switch back to my Weleda Almond cream and breakouts would clear right up. (i know its not the makeup since I continued straight through and have been using Dalton concealer since I bought it.) It has a rose scent which is a little stronger than the Weleda Rose Smoothing Day cream but it didnt upset my sensitive nose. I think if you like the Almond cream or Weleda moisturizers in general, than you will probably like this if you are not sensitive to peanut oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh how I LOVE this cream. I was looking for something very rich and gentle. I have very sensitive, easily irritated, red, dry skin. Not a fantastic combination. I use this just at night and a pea-sized drop is perfect for my whole face. Very strongly rose-scented, but that dissipates quickly. I hope they never stop making this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by volanges

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has become my HG winter moisturizer. I used to get dry scaly patches when the weather changed but this winter I gave this a shot based on my boss's recommendation - she is a loyal user of the product even in summertime and her skin always looks smooth and dewy.

Cold Cream is a thick cream, more like an ointment, white in color with a rosy fragrance.

I apply it in the morning right after I shower. First I apply Skinceuticals CE Ferulic serum, let it sink in, and then I apply Cold Cream. It is mild enough that I can apply it around the eye area. I walk to work every day so I feel that it protects my skin from harsh outdoor winter weather.

I would not recommend this product for younger people unless you have very dry skin - it is greasy and it tends to sit on top of your skin. In fact I tried this in my early 30's and I could not tolerate how oily it was. But now that my skin has become drier, I welcome the healthy "glow" that I get from this product.

I keep my tube in the fridge because I have noticed that the cream becomes slightly yellow over time (I keep all my "natural" cosmetics such as Dr Hauschka in the fridge given that they don't contain preservatives) so I suspect that it oxidizes when exposed to air.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by charb3

Love Weleda products! This is now known as Cold Cream in Canada. It is a great moisturizer that sinks into the skin completely! Skin feels soft and smooth! I like to press it into the skin using the heat of my fingertips to really make it absorb properly. My skin loves this stuff and drinks it in! Very happy as I needed an intense winter moisturizer. I'm not happy that you get so little product for the price... but since I only use a tiny bit at a time, I can live with it! I order it off of well.ca!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by luminouskinseeker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cream is amazing! I have dry skin. So dry that when I saw it under one of those skin-UV derm things, it actually looked purple. In normal lighting, it looks normal but it's been hard to find a moisturizer strong enough that isn't super pricey and strongly scented.

After a few very rough Boston winters, I asked for the strongest balm they had at Whole Foods. I've been using this cream morning and night for years in the winter and it works wonders. It takes about an hour or two to sink in completely. The results are radiant! I highly recommend it.