April 21, 2014 | 1821 users online

Moisturizers - Weleda - Everon Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Snaggletooth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've used this stuff for years, since before the product name changed, and have always loved it. It's not the right texture for my skin as a general facial moisturizer, but it is PERFECT for chapping, windburn, dry cuticles, rough skin patches, etc. I'm always especially grateful for it if I get a cold--my nose gets so red and painful and chapped and cracked. I put this on and it is instantly soothed. If I remember to put some extra on before bed every night, I find that the I've-been-sick nose skin heals extra quickly.
Also, I know Weleda makes an Everon lip balm, but I find the texture a bit too waxy, and I love to put this on my lips when I don't want shine. It soaks in and feels wonderfully soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by MegPea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use it as a night cream. Love it. No greasy feeling and smells lovely to boot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A must for dry, aging, winter skin that looks blah. Gives a moist dewey glow and perfect for wearing under make-up. I put a pea sized drop on my palm, press together palms to warm it and just press onto my face. I use once a day in the morning all over. At night I use coconut oil and this product just around the eyes. My skin has responded beautifully. My skin finally feels healthy and glows! If it's a little much for your skin, I would rec using it as an eye cream or at least on your cuticles. A must try product if your skin is like mine!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love all Weleda products so I am a bit disappointed that this didnt work for me. It is indeed very moisturizing and great for sensitive, dry skin; but I think the peanut oil in this might be a little too heavy for my skin since I experienced some small breakouts the same day I would use this. It looked beautiful underneath my Dalton conceal-it concealer (which I use as full face foundation) since this cold cream gives you a dewey. moist healthy glow. But like I mentioned, I would get these little pimples that very same day. I only tried it a few times and it nearly happened every time. I would then switch back to my Weleda Almond cream and breakouts would clear right up. (i know its not the makeup since I continued straight through and have been using Dalton concealer since I bought it.) It has a rose scent which is a little stronger than the Weleda Rose Smoothing Day cream but it didnt upset my sensitive nose. I think if you like the Almond cream or Weleda moisturizers in general, than you will probably like this if you are not sensitive to peanut oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh how I LOVE this cream. I was looking for something very rich and gentle. I have very sensitive, easily irritated, red, dry skin. Not a fantastic combination. I use this just at night and a pea-sized drop is perfect for my whole face. Very strongly rose-scented, but that dissipates quickly. I hope they never stop making this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by volanges

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has become my HG winter moisturizer. I used to get dry scaly patches when the weather changed but this winter I gave this a shot based on my boss's recommendation - she is a loyal user of the product even in summertime and her skin always looks smooth and dewy.

Cold Cream is a thick cream, more like an ointment, white in color with a rosy fragrance.

I apply it in the morning right after I shower. First I apply Skinceuticals CE Ferulic serum, let it sink in, and then I apply Cold Cream. It is mild enough that I can apply it around the eye area. I walk to work every day so I feel that it protects my skin from harsh outdoor winter weather.

I would not recommend this product for younger people unless you have very dry skin - it is greasy and it tends to sit on top of your skin. In fact I tried this in my early 30's and I could not tolerate how oily it was. But now that my skin has become drier, I welcome the healthy "glow" that I get from this product.

I keep my tube in the fridge because I have noticed that the cream becomes slightly yellow over time (I keep all my "natural" cosmetics such as Dr Hauschka in the fridge given that they don't contain preservatives) so I suspect that it oxidizes when exposed to air.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by charb3

Love Weleda products! This is now known as Cold Cream in Canada. It is a great moisturizer that sinks into the skin completely! Skin feels soft and smooth! I like to press it into the skin using the heat of my fingertips to really make it absorb properly. My skin loves this stuff and drinks it in! Very happy as I needed an intense winter moisturizer. I'm not happy that you get so little product for the price... but since I only use a tiny bit at a time, I can live with it! I order it off of well.ca!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by luminouskinseeker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cream is amazing! I have dry skin. So dry that when I saw it under one of those skin-UV derm things, it actually looked purple. In normal lighting, it looks normal but it's been hard to find a moisturizer strong enough that isn't super pricey and strongly scented.

After a few very rough Boston winters, I asked for the strongest balm they had at Whole Foods. I've been using this cream morning and night for years in the winter and it works wonders. It takes about an hour or two to sink in completely. The results are radiant! I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is now called COLD CREAM--used to be called Everon Face Balm (and Cold Cream in many parts of Europe).

One of Weleda's best products: a splendid cream for use on any and all exposed skin in cold weather, and as a rich night moisturiser. Makes an excellent hand-cream: as good as Skin Food or the baby Calendula face balm (both of which contain lanolin--so if you're avoiding it, try the Cold Cream?), better than their creams labelled as hand creams, and less scented than any of the above.

Can also be used (like any other heavier cream) on the face, neck, etc. as an extra layer of protection when braving sub-zero temperatures. (Their other outstanding thing, IMHE, is also well-suited to winter weather: the lovely Everon Lip Balm.)

I've also used it on my face, year-round, for extra moisture on dry patches.

Minimalist stuff: it's mainly the sweet almond oil and beeswax that are doing the work. Smells mild, slightly like a less sweet version of Turkish delight (that would be rose oil at a guess).

Costs around CAD14-18, USD 15-17 for a 30 ml tube. I knocked a lippie off (on packaging) for the cap: a flip-top would be better than the current screw-on version. As with other Weleda products, cruelty-free, ethically sourced, sustainably produced. Not vegan (beeswax).

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glyceryl Linoleate, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Hectorite, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*.
* from natural essential oils continued >>

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by shannysgirl18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product about a year ago because I have very dry, eczema prone skin. I used it a few times and then forgot about it. Then a few months ago, I went through a really rough patch (no pun intended) with my skin that lasted two months. Everything was irritating my skin and I woke up every morning with a dry, swollen, chapped face. Even my dermatologist had trouble figuring out what was going on with me. This was the only product that would sooth my skin. Now that my skin is better (other than my usual dryness), I still love using it because it makes my dry areas feel so much smoother and it really soaks into the skin. I will always have this in my skincare arsenal :)