New York Color fruit-flavored lip gloss

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

I bought this in kiwi, I'm pretty sure this is discontinued which I am soso happy about! The price is really really cheap and like a lot of NYC products I have like their eye cube and bronzer, I thought this would be a hit for the price but just like the Mod Quad it's a definite miss. I bought it in Kiwi and the scent and taste is strong and disgusting. The packaging is cute and easy to store and forgot to mention, stable. It is in a pot though meaning it is unsanitary unless used with a clean lip brush. I definitely would NOT buy this product again because of the formula. However I did turn it into a lip scrub and it turned out pretty good with the sugar overpowering the formula. Here's the link:

on 1/3/2010 1:00:00 PM

Yech, I am definitely not a fan of this gloss. First, it's in a pot, so either you use a lip brush or your fingers (which is almost always unsanitary). Second, the scent, and taste is wayyyy too strong. I got this in Strawberry, and the odd time where I licked my lips, the overly-sweet taste almost literally made me gag, and has a very sweet, overly-obvious artificial smell. It's also pretty sticky, which I don't like. That said, it's light and glossy, and is hydrating.
I bought this for $1 in a clearance bin at Walmart. In this case, you definitely get what you pay for.

Have this roll-on gloss in Kiwi..LOVE IT! It's sooo perfect, expecially for summer after the pool!

on 12/3/2004 1:22:00 AM

I have 2 of these because I love them! Both are raspberry and they're very shiny. They're juicy, taste/smell good and are a super bargin! You get a big pot for like two dollars! The smell sometimes is a little fake, but hey it has so many other great qualities. Great for putting over lipstick. Two thumbs up!

on 1/17/2004 11:27:00 PM

A good cheap gloss...The watermelon scent isn't too strong and it tastes yummy;) Nice texture, glitter isn't even noticable on lips, sheer pink colour, perfect for going over lipstick. Only down point is the pot form meaning you have to use fingers or lip brush.

I'm lovin' this product! It's faintly scented and flavored, has a little glitter, and makes your lips very glossy. It's not waxy or balmy at all like W'nW's megaflavors lip gloss (which looks very similar to this) and smells pleasant... most of the flavors, anyway. Watermelon is my favorite and kiwi is my least favorite (it's perfumed). I don't know about the other flavors, but I don't think they're perfumed -- I'd imagine kiwi is the only one. It adds a lot of glossy shine and moisture -- especially for a $2 pot lip gloss. Although, some flavors have grittier chunkier glitter than others. Watermelon has chunky glitter, but kiwi has very finely milled shimmery glitter.

Recommended for Medium Skin