October 25, 2014 | 1670 users online

Scrubs - Dr. Brandt - Microdermabrasion in a Jar

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good product and does shrink enlarged pores. Super duper pore cleanser. You can request samples at Sephora. I wouldn't use it more than twice a month.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Um yea. I liked this and thought it was okay but the price on this is just dumb. I have used better products that have shown better results for half this price and less. Example, Olay microdermabrasion works way better and is way cheaper.

I wouldn't call this a "microdermabrasion" either. It's a face scrub. Like St. Ives but smaller grains. I saw no real difference in my skin with this and it worked like most run of the mill facial scrubs. Don't waste your money, this isn't anything special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like this exfoliant because of the microfine particles. This, however, does not justify the exorbitant price. There are comparable microdermabrasion exfoliants out there for a mere fraction of the price (check out Derma e's Microdermabrasion Scrub). I would not repurchase this product because of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by laurentaylor88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great exfoliator. I find that if I use this every other day after using my normal cleanser, acne marks fade much quicker than they would without using this. It's not a miracle worker, if you want a smooth complexion quickly, you're better off going with a series of in-office microdermabrasion treatments or chemical peels. This clearly states that using it six times is equal to one in-office treatment. I use this before chemical peels to insure I exfoliate well for the peel to get in my pores well. It's worth the money in that it does what it says, and lasts a WHILE. You don't need much per use. It leaves my skin immediately slightly pink and irritated looking, but in the morning my skin looks smoother.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I got a sample of this, which I enjoyed, and then I ultimately purchased a full size jar during a Sephora sale. I actually don't know how long I've had the jar, but I am disappointed every time I use it. First, I find it abrasive but it somehow doesn't do much of anything. I have used it mostly for targeted exfoliation of a small area--on a dry patch where I have a healed blemish, for example, and am without fail disappointed because my skin looks exactly the way it did before using it, just a little redder or more irritated. I also find that it doesn't spread--it just stays in the same lump that comes out of the jar, which makes it clumsy and messy to work with. It is also difficult to wash off, which is awkward if I try to use it just prior to applying face serum and moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by whatisaspacebar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

For those considering buying this product, here is the Paula's Choice review (which rated microdermabrasion in a jar as "poor")"

Microdermabrasion for Face doesn't deserve consideration over the multitude of other topical scrubs claiming to mimic the effects of microdermabrasion because they use the same crystals. Brandt's version is quite abrasive, and even without this issue, Neutrogena's version is very effective and one-third the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This fabulous exfoliator cleared my skin of daily whiteheads, greasy skin and dullness. I'm now brimming with fresh faced confidence thanks to it. I must mention, though, that my skin is currently oily due to our hot & humid summers. I was nervous before using this exfoliator, thinking it will worsen my break-outs since it has microbeads. However, the opposite happened, and now my skin is smoother. The fresh minty smell is invigorating. Note: I found this product to be drying in the winter time, even when used once a week. I wouldnt buy it again because of the high price.
#Edit 2014: I'm having to up my rating to 5 stars because of its miraculous ability to immediately clear breakouts, cystic acne and nasty bumps. I'm on my second jar :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by CocoMademoiseIIe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This exfoliator is super-powerful and I can feel it blasting away surface level cells; but don't worry, this "procedure" is pretty close to pain-free. The texture is very fine... imagine a night cream, with a healthy dose of sand. The exfoliating agents are small, round, and I actually find them to be quite soothing on my dry, sensitive skin. The very light lemon scent does slightly remind me of Pledge. However, I am very sensitive to smells and it does not linger once it's been washed off.

For those of you that have used ExfoliKate, this is a totally different experience. The exfoliating particles in this are much, much smaller than ExfoliKate. I also found the enzymes in ExfoliKate to be quite strong; making it almost as much of a chemical peel as it is scrub. Microdermabrasion is a true scrub and probably not the right fit for you if you like the peel/scrub combination of ExfoliKate.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by greta23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did not do a whole lot for me. I was looking for a product that would even my skin tone, as microdermabrasion does, but my skin looked exactly the same after using the entire jar. There are lots of natural face scrubs that hardly cost a thing and make my skin feel AND look great. I would suggest trying out a DIY face scrub instead of a harsh product like this one. Not worth it at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is really polishing. Scrubbing particles feel sharp against your skin, so does the fresh scent (feels a bit like eucalyptus oil?). It definitely works, my skin is really clean and smooth afterwards, but I cannot help but wonder if what this is doing, really benefits my skin or not. I'm not used to products this rough, but if you like scrubs as effective and refreshening as possible, you will love this.

Me, I am a little afraid of it. But I use it to get rid of dead skin cells before self tanners and it works like a charm. I would be a little scared to use this more than once a week.

Also, I need a really, really hydrating mask after using it. Origins Drink Up is my favorite for replenishing the moisture that this pulls out of my skin.