October 31, 2014 | 801 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Colour Focus Palette -4Edge

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Olya_dreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wouldn't buy this product again, because I have been using it for years and I am only half way through the white/light colour. The dark green looks great with my green eyes, I often get compliments when I wear this shadow. I was apprehensive about using green before. I am not crazy about the gold with my complexion though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

I paid 15$can for that quad and it is ok, I agree with a review saying the colors are chalky and the pigmentation could be better But If you are not sure about greens this is a good quad to start with.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by chowchowface

Wow. I got this at the Lancome outlet for $7.50 and I'm fairly disappointed. I LOVE Lancome's color design eyeshadow singles... they have great pigmentation, texture, etc. However, this quad is really really underwhelming in every aspect. The texture is alright for three of the shades.... but as another reviewer mentioned, the pastel green is very chalky. The pigmentation is also pretty sad... it's almost nonexistent for all of them except the dark green shade, which is only marginally pigmented. For $7.50, it's the quality I'd expect but I cannot imagine paying a whole $40 for the quad.... I would have been pretty upset if I had (and definitely returned it). Also, the four colors (in my opinion) don't really work well together. Still, I'll get some use out of it thanks to the light gold/bronze and pearly white shades. Seriously, there are many d/s eyeshadow brands that could easily beat this palette's quality, hands down.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish this looked good on me. The colors are gorgeous and they work well together. I don't know what the names of the individual colors are, but you get one soft gold, one bronze, one pale green and one dark green. I found that the soft gold didn't really show on my skin (fair to medium tone) and the pale green came out a little chalky. Overall though, the colors are really pretty but I would not repurchase because they don't work well for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 7:42:00 AM More reviews by northender

A nice palette but expensive "four" what it is. 4edge gives you four small shimmery frosty shadows - pale gold, bronzey-taupe, mint green, and jade green. Used all 4 colors - banging on my warm-toned skin but probably could be used by cool-toned girls too. Colors were well-coordinated, not as shimmery on as in the pans, gave true color instead of frostiness or chalkiness on my NC 45 eyelids, easy to blend, and lasted all day long over primer .without flaking or disappearing. The effect on my GGG/DDD skin was ethereal and lovely. However, I don't see much difference between this and L'Oreal's (same company?) quads in terms of quality and texture. I'm spoiled, I suppose, by the amazing textures and subtle shimmers you get from Chantecaille and even Fresh. For $40 I expect either more quality or more product. Further, the shadows flake in the compact so there's a lot of powder on the mirror and on the plastic. I swapped for a used one though and I am happy with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 1:51:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i got this as a gwp. i like to use these shadows individually or in pairs (the greens together and the neutrals together). altogether these don't look good on me at all. for reference i have very pale skin so maybe all these together would look alright on someone darker i don't know. i won't be buying this when it runs out because i know i can find better color combinations elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 10:34:00 AM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like all the Lancome Colour Focus shadows these wear well. They blend well too. Very pretty shimmery colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2005 11:19:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The colors in this aren't as versatile as some of the other palettes, but they're gorgeous nonetheless - a pale lime green, a darker forest green, pale cream, and a medium brownish copper shade. All of them have shimmer. I suppose this suits warmer-toned people best, but I'm cool-toned and pale and it's great on me. The pigmentation on this one is better than some of the other palettes in the line too, I didn't even have to use them wet to get more pigment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2004 2:34:00 PM More reviews by fairylis

Very pretty green shades. I'm not used to wearing dark shadows so I use the Sandy Sage all over my lids, Blink as a liner, and the Daylight by the brows. This gives me a very sheer green effect perfect for day and night. Not very pigmented and it's not as shimmery as it looks on the pan. Unfortunately, I can't find any uses for the darkest green sade.