October 2, 2014 | 1580 users online

Eye Shadow - Mary Kate and Ashley - Shimmer Plus | All Over Color

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a fun product. I have a champage-ish color that has a lot of glitter. I swipe it over my lids if I'm in a hurry and leave it at that. It also works as a browbone highlight or an inner corner color. I wanted to try it as a shadow base, but it's too glittery for that. Overall, a fun cheap buy. I'd get a bright color next time, just for something different.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by twilightxstarx123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this jumbo pencil in a Mary Kate and Ashley kit and it was the shimmery white color. I thought it loosely resembled NYX Jumbo Eye pencils, so I used it as a base and you could really tell the difference between eyeshadows! Putting this as a base really makes your eyes pop. It's a nice highlight color, so it technically is "all over color" (I use it on the bridge of my nose, brow bone, tear ducts, and sometimes underneath lash line color to make the color more intense).

However, the texture is pretty chunky and it was kind of sticky, so it didn't really "blend". But you don't really need to blend it because the color is not pigmented at all. Somehow, it brightens the area where it's applied, but it's not an intense white.

If I had a choice, I wouldn't repurchase, but it's definitely not terrible. I still prefer NYX Jumbo Eye pencils, but this is good for a cheap eye base.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in a very sheer pink color. I don't know the name of the shade because it doesn't say. Anywhoo, I LOVE this stuff!!! The sheer pink shimmer looks amazing on top of my lips!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by trilla14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got it from someone. Its okay to sheer for me wish the black was darker. like powder. i copuldnt get it where i wanted it. WOuld be great for young teen

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by RochelleRoyalty

*I bought the Mary Kate and Ashley Shimmer Plus All Over Pencil in DareDevil at WalMart.

-Pros:
Shimmery
Great for inner corners
Soft
Affordable

-Cons:
Discounted

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by pretiiandroid

This stuff is pretty nice. I like it. I usually use it as a powder eyeshadow base. On its own it tends to crease a little too much for me. The colors are nice. I would probably buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by kristamb

I bought this pencil in "Harmony." I like it, it's a good shade for under my eyes a little if I have greens in my shadow I applied that day. I could also do without the glitter, but otherwise it works for me! I would definitely try some other shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by pinkcrow

Bought this in "Harmony", a light yellowy green/gold.

pros:
- color is sheer, very flattering and has heavy shimmer
- decent staying power, didn't melt, fade or migrate to the crease
- I like the Mary Kate and Ashley relaunch packaging. It looks more sophisticated in black with a san-serif font
- price; $3 at my local big box retailer

cons:
- giant chunks of gold glitter. I certainly like glitter but it is so sparse in the pencil that it doesn't look intentional. Too bad, because this is a great color.
- I imagine sharpening this would be a nightmare

In summation:
The glitter is a deal breaker. I would be interested in the shades that don't have it (if there are any).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by xxtaylorlaurenxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess I bought this a while ago, but with so much makeup it got lost in my drawer. I have the Sand Bronze color..which is almost like a frosty beige-ish shimmer (I have fair skin with pink undertones). It looks really gorgeous as a highlighter on my eyes, like on my browbones and on the inner corners. I also discovered it looks awesome as a lipstick! It looks really frosty on my lips...very summery. I put Lancome Juicy Tubes in Hallucination over it and it looks fantastic! I absolutely love this...I want to get more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2006 12:27:00 AM More reviews by nd1282

I love these versatile chubby little pencils! Cheap and multifunctional, they
are from the Mary Kate & Ashley line at Walmart, of all places. I own four shades- Daredevil (frosty white), Chill (pale pink) Champagne Bronze, and Golden Bronze. I use all of them as eyeshadow bases and highlighters; the last two I also use on my lips. A very nice product for under $3!