L'Occitane Milk bar soap

4.3

on 3/15/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm a novice soapmaker, and I actually gave up on making soaps for my own use after discovering this bar. Seriously. It's beautifully scented (kind of like the original Nivea scent, but nicer), made of top-notch ingredients, keeps both face and body moist, and lasts absolutely forever. It seems expensive on first glance, but I'm not exaggerating when I say that the large 250g block of soap has lasted me more than 6 months in the shower, with approximately half of it left. That's 14 euros per year!

With any other soap, I could say that I can make something just as good at home for a fraction of the price (for example, castile soap). However, there is absolutely no way I could replicate this bar, much less have it come out cheaper. There's a high ratio of luxury oils and butters, expertly balanced for a fluffy lather, moisturizing properties, and a seriously hard and long-lasting bar. I admit defeat happily.

on 12/28/2014 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have re-purchased this one many times. The scent is incredible. Milky, clean, luxurious, strong enough to linger on hands and body. A lovely guest soap, or your own in the shower. The shape is perfect and it lasts for a long enough time to justify its price. It is creamy and hydrating without leaving a film on your skin. I always take this on vacation and have even used it for shaving in a pinch. It will not dry your skin out or break you out.

If this is your first L'Occitaine soap, you'll want to buy all the scents!

on 5/18/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Lightly scented huge white bar. I love this soap, it just makes the skin feel so clean and smooth. Very hydrating.

on 1/21/2014 3:10:00 AM

I always stay away from soaps because they really dry me out. However I wanted to find something that is not very drying and cleans well. This is funny, my legs were a bit dry afterwards but my FACE looked very nice and flawless! (Normally my face gets drier than my body, lol). I have to try it a few more times to see it for sure. Right now my body feels clean, my legs are a bit dry. My face looked really good though, it is almost like this minimized my pores! Yes! My skin was nice, fresh, even, almost no pores. :-))) I think the good thing about soaps is that your skin doesn`t soak it up like with many lotion or gel type of cleansers. Just my feeling... I don`t think the price ($10) is that bad, it is a big size product. I hope it won`t dry me out over time... I think the only one I liked a bit better is the Buttermilk Burt`s Bees one, but it is hard to find...

on 10/18/2013 6:41:00 PM

I loved this soap so much I added one to each christmas gift last year! The perfume is pretty, a little powdery, yet unisex. The soap lasts for a very long while, and as far as vegetable ones go I have never felt another of this quality. This really does make a great gift, or even just a luxurious treat to yourself in the bath. It comes in two sizes: $8.50/100g or save big $14/250g! If you haven't tried one yet, buy the milk one first!

on 6/18/2012 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product! It is the only soap I have used that doesn't dry out my skin. Very mild scent as well. Will definitely buy again!

on 6/3/2012 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Excellent soap, extra gentle, I suffer from eczema and this really helps. And I also have food allergies, so when I have urtica, this calms it down and it is just wonderful.

on 4/27/2011 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The smell is lovely, and I do feel super clean afterwards, but I find this soap to be a little drying

on 2/16/2011 6:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

My favorite soap. I love that it has almost no fragrance so it doesn't interfere with any scented lotion or perfume I'm going to wear later. Other vegetable soaps have left me itchy in certain areas but this one is super gentle and great.

on 11/25/2010 1:19:00 PM

Mhh...I was eager to try this soap as I have been reducing the amount of body washes I use. L'Occitane is a company that has long been hyped and when I saw the deluxe sample for 100pt at Sephora, I picked it up. I think it is a fine quality well milled soap. It does not get a scummy in th shower and it lasted for 2 weeks, with the sample size. The smell is lovely but it is just a bit too drying. My skin feels tight after it and I need lotion asap. It does make a lovely gift for someone if they are trying random soaps as this brand makes really nice gift sets with several different versions. I am not opposed to trying other soaps by them either.