December 20, 2014 | 954 users online

Blush - MAC - Format

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the only blusher I have ever used more than once. I have used it nearly every day since investing in my first MAC collection 6 months ago. I'm shade NC50 and it looks so natural on. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out. I'll continue buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by ivanamandias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i picked this up from my mum's collection of MAC makeup hoping that i would be able to make-do by using this blush as a bronzer. format is a reddish-brown colour that may look quite shimmery/glittery in the container, but translates into a nice sheen once applied to the skin. i've found that using a light hand with this product works best, as well as applying it liberally to where the sun would naturally hit to warm up the face. i wouldn't recommend using it strictly as a bronzer for the cheekbones as it's red tones would clash with any blush you put on, but using this on its own- as a liberal bronzer definitely gives you a nice deep glow. it's a nice blush, but pretty mediocre probably because i prefer more coral, vibrant shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Annabellagrant

This is one of my favorite blushes for every day. The color is gorgeous and it makes my face glow. The price is a good deal and the blush literally lasts forever. I only knocked a star because this blush only last about 4 hours on my combination skin before it starts to disappear, even when using primer, setting powder and finishing spray. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

As a NC45 I was skeptical about this particular shade as it looked super dark. Swatched in store and then later used on my cheeks I was blown away. Perfect glow without looking like a dang disco ball. I'm very impressed with this shade. A light hand is desired to build up to acceptable look. I love this blush shade and if I ever get around to hitting pan on it I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sdrayt1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Format is my first MAC blush ever! It was recommended by a MUA over 10 years ago and I still love it. It’s my go-to blush and it never fails me. I’m NC50/NW45 and this color applies on me like a brick red-bronze glowy color. Too much, though, is a disaster so use a light hand and build the color to your liking. A must for darker complexions.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by pratty01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i hate frost, except maybe in some eyeshadows... i didn't actually pick up format. my husband was in the States and he didn't know mac was available in India.. lol... so he picked up a bunch of stuff at macy's.. one of which was format.

in the pan, i was not really wowed by it, obviously coz i don't like frost but my hub always feels bad that he picks up makeup that i don't like... so just to please him i started wearing this... i was surprised... mildly shocked i would say that it didn't go on my skin like i imagined it to... its not too icy... its actually quite subtle for a frosty shade.

the color pay off is amazing, one swipe is all i need... i have used it to contour, as a bronzer as a blush and usually play with the intensity... i actually quite like it...

i"m nc43 and very warm toned, so if i over do this color i look soooooper tan, which i already am naturally so i usually keep it subtle... lovely color for tan to dark girls... i dont know if it will work for fair girls, it might be a bit too dark.. on me it looks natural enough...

the reason i've gien it a 3 star rating:

mac packaging looks fine but is flimsy to touch... i like sturdier packaging... i always have to be careful coz i think i will end up breaking it if i hold it too tight... weird!!!

its supposed to be a rosy browny color... i see no rosy pinky... its just bronzy... at least on my skin, which means i don't use it as often...

and finally i won't buy it again coz i still don't like frost, yes, but in comparison to other frosts, not by itself... so once this is done i won't repurchase...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to give this blush about a 3.8. It's not bad at all, just somewhat mediocre. On my skin (NC50) it showed and wore very nicely (not too overpowering, long-lasting) BUT I wasn't wowed by its browny-rosey color like I was by Ambering Rose. It's not because it's a powder as opposed to a sheertone like AR; it's just that it's the kind of color you can find a drugstore dupe for very easily. I found one in the NYX.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by deehippolyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Format kind of creeps up on you. It looks unimpressive in the pan but delivers a wonderful glowy natural look when applied. It takes a minute to reallu show up so apply lightly. I have always gotten complimenys when I use format. I wear it when I'm going for that all natural look. I am nc50

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by snkatha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

really glowy, natural looking blush. I love this on top of my nars dolce vita blush or my bronzer. Would buy again in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

For ref I'm NC50 in MAC Studio Sculpt and Trinidad in NARS. I got Format and didn't like it all. It looked like I put dirt on my face. I was going to take it back and something told me to try it again. This time I used my Sigma F50 which is like the MAC 187. It gave my cheeks the perfect "natural" glow that I like. My cheeks but better. Sweet As Cocoa has been my fav but Format is more bronzey. I say Format is a must if you are just getting into blush. It's an absolute must have if you are dark skinned. These days I'm all about using the minimum amount of products to get my best face, and Format is a must for me, here on out.