September 1, 2014 | 2160 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Lilbunney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had not used noxzema since high school. That was about 15 years ago. I had been seduced by expensive cleansers while working for Estée Lauder and also clinique. I was shopping at target and noticed that I could get a $5 gift card and also % off with cartwheel if I bought noxzema products. I was purchasing the acne pads anyway, and I thought - ok I'm going to try this. Oh do I love it. Love, love it. I keep it under my sink and use it at night to 'melt away' my makeup from the day. The smell is great, and I like that it doesn't lather, so I can be in my bed clothes and not worry about getting my PJ's all wet from washing up before bed. I have already repurchased so I have one on hand. Love it! Price is wonderful. So glad to have rediscovered this gem!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Sammy68

Oh, how I can sing the sweet praises of Noxzema skin cream! I used Noxzema when I was a teenager and stopped at some point before I reached my 20's. Fast forward many moons later and now as a woman of 40+ something I bought this while vacationing in Florida, because I ran out of facial cleanser and Noxzema was the only product I could find in Wally World that wasn't loaded with a ton of chemicals and did not lather (HATE lathering, stripping products on my face). As of late, I suppose from the insurgent of crazy female hormones my face has been an oil slick and I've been getting zits like crazy. Well, good ole Noxzema to the rescue. That easy. Zits started going away. Doesn't dry out my face. Cheap. Easy to find. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by anndiee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Noxzema is awesome! This is the only cleanser that seems to reduce the amount of oil my skin produces! It leaves my skin with a beautiful matte finish, and looking even and smooth. It smells amazing too! The key to makeup removal, is to pair with a damp washcloth, and this will get everything off. This keeps breakouts away too. I don't even need moisturizer after, because my skin is perfectly balanced. I only wish it came in a squeeze tube, because the pump version is a little different, and I don't like it quite as well (although it's much more convenient to use). This is my dirty little beauty secret, and shall remain so!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by DrMim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have given the price 4 lippies only because I have to have this sent from overseas to me in NZ, so that pushes the price up by quite a bit ($15.00 NZ a tub!). Having said that its worth it. I have used Noxzema for years but stopped when I got seduced by expensive cleansers ect. Having ordered myself a tub recently I love it. It gets off all of my makeup, including my waterproof mascara, my face doesn't feel tight and dry when I use it and the smell is fab. I end up with a very clean face, soft skin and a fresh, clean smell. How can you go wrong?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Chinklesliee

Noxzema really left my skin smooth and clear after the first use. I noticed that it has helped clear my face and even up my skin tone. It's not expensive as other products and it works even better than most pricey products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

I love this cleanser! leaves my normal/oily skin fresh, clean, and smooth! I love the creamy consistency and the antiseptic Eucalyptus scent! And the fresh tingly feeling. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Doesn't remove makeup well enough if you like a full face often like I do. But it's not bad for a simple cleanser. It probably needs hot water and a wash cloth for makeup removal, but I'm looking for a product that's effective on its own.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this off and on since I was a teenager. Since the weather's warming up, I like to use this to cleanse my face at night because it's cooling and makes my skin feel clean and fresh. This is not a makeup remover, so you need to use a makeup remover before cleansing with this cream. I apply a fairly thick layer, let it set for a few minutes, massage it in then rinse it off. Sometimes I apply a layer after cleansing as a moisturizer. I have fairly sensitive skin, but this doesn't irritate it in any way. The fragrance takes me back to when I was a teen. I don't use it every day, but at the end of a hot, sweaty day, this makes me feel cool and clean.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don;t care for the tub packaging nore the smell, but this does work to remove stage makeup and it best suited for "normal" (not sensitive) skins. Not great for me - but it sure is inexpensive. Still around after decades so it must work for some of you! Smells awful to me - camphoaceous. Way too strong for my delicate skin. No thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Lybarra118

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Back to basics it is. I'm tired. Simply exhausted of searching and testing, trying to find that ONE facial cleanser that works for me. I saw this in the store a little over a month ago and couldn't believe my eyes! I remember using it in high school, and immediately thought of the wonderful eucalyptus scent, so I picked up a jar of this heavenly smelling cream and went about my day.

Well, that night, I used it on my face, and honest to goodness, I wanted to wash my face 5 more times! I LOVE the smell! I've been using it every day since and now I'm kicking myself in the behind for wasting so much time and money on all the other CRAP cleansers I've used in the past.

It leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed, and wonderfully/surprisingly hydrated. I don't have to slap on a ton of moisturizer afterward. My face is also a lot clearer and my makeup has become easier to apply. Just a note: I always add a small dab of St. Ives Apricot Scrub with the Noxzema cleanser just to dig out all the dirt.
Love this stuff!