July 31, 2014 | 1807 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by anndiee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Noxzema is awesome! This is the only cleanser that seems to reduce the amount of oil my skin produces! It leaves my skin with a beautiful matte finish, and looking even and smooth. It smells amazing too! The key to makeup removal, is to pair with a damp washcloth, and this will get everything off. This keeps breakouts away too. I don't even need moisturizer after, because my skin is perfectly balanced. I only wish it came in a squeeze tube, because the pump version is a little different, and I don't like it quite as well (although it's much more convenient to use). This is my dirty little beauty secret, and shall remain so!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by DrMim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have given the price 4 lippies only because I have to have this sent from overseas to me in NZ, so that pushes the price up by quite a bit ($15.00 NZ a tub!). Having said that its worth it. I have used Noxzema for years but stopped when I got seduced by expensive cleansers ect. Having ordered myself a tub recently I love it. It gets off all of my makeup, including my waterproof mascara, my face doesn't feel tight and dry when I use it and the smell is fab. I end up with a very clean face, soft skin and a fresh, clean smell. How can you go wrong?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Chinklesliee

Noxzema really left my skin smooth and clear after the first use. I noticed that it has helped clear my face and even up my skin tone. It's not expensive as other products and it works even better than most pricey products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

I love this cleanser! leaves my normal/oily skin fresh, clean, and smooth! I love the creamy consistency and the antiseptic Eucalyptus scent! And the fresh tingly feeling. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Doesn't remove makeup well enough if you like a full face often like I do. But it's not bad for a simple cleanser. It probably needs hot water and a wash cloth for makeup removal, but I'm looking for a product that's effective on its own.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this off and on since I was a teenager. Since the weather's warming up, I like to use this to cleanse my face at night because it's cooling and makes my skin feel clean and fresh. This is not a makeup remover, so you need to use a makeup remover before cleansing with this cream. I apply a fairly thick layer, let it set for a few minutes, massage it in then rinse it off. Sometimes I apply a layer after cleansing as a moisturizer. I have fairly sensitive skin, but this doesn't irritate it in any way. The fragrance takes me back to when I was a teen. I don't use it every day, but at the end of a hot, sweaty day, this makes me feel cool and clean.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don;t care for the tub packaging nore the smell, but this does work to remove stage makeup and it best suited for "normal" (not sensitive) skins. Not great for me - but it sure is inexpensive. Still around after decades so it must work for some of you! Smells awful to me - camphoaceous. Way too strong for my delicate skin. No thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Lybarra118

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Back to basics it is. I'm tired. Simply exhausted of searching and testing, trying to find that ONE facial cleanser that works for me. I saw this in the store a little over a month ago and couldn't believe my eyes! I remember using it in high school, and immediately thought of the wonderful eucalyptus scent, so I picked up a jar of this heavenly smelling cream and went about my day.

Well, that night, I used it on my face, and honest to goodness, I wanted to wash my face 5 more times! I LOVE the smell! I've been using it every day since and now I'm kicking myself in the behind for wasting so much time and money on all the other CRAP cleansers I've used in the past.

It leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed, and wonderfully/surprisingly hydrated. I don't have to slap on a ton of moisturizer afterward. My face is also a lot clearer and my makeup has become easier to apply. Just a note: I always add a small dab of St. Ives Apricot Scrub with the Noxzema cleanser just to dig out all the dirt.
Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by gill2292

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

MIRACLE JAR! For a good 10 years, I've been searching for a cure for the persistent blackheads that had become a permanent part of my nose, cheeks, and increasingly chin and forehead. This is that cure! Whatever kind of futuristic 50's chemical blend they put in this stuff, it works like magic! Given that it is a mid-century mystery chemical cream, I had very low expectations, especially as I'm usually more of a natural beauty care kind of girl. But this stuff is IT! Can't believe I didn't try it sooner. It just pulls the crud right out of your pores.
I have sensitive combination skin with a very oily t-zone and dry cheeks that get flaky in the cold months. I started using this in November and was expecting the usual flake city winter, but with using this stuff regularly (not even every wash), it never came. My skin is very fair so I've got three little wrinkles on my forehead even though I'm too young for wrinkles and using this cream sort of puffs them up so only one is visible and barely at that. Though it is pretty moisturizing, it doesn't leave my skin greasy at all. Just feeling super clean. Only downside is that water gets into the jar easily.
BLACKHEAD BANISHING TECHNIQUE: I don't use it "as directed." Wet face thoroughly with warm water, apply in moderate layer (so it's white, but not as thick as you would with a mask), and then I leave it on for 15 minutes or so while I brush my teeth and pick out my clothes and whatnot. Once it's dry/has disappeared (into your skin?) rinse. For best results, apply after a hot shower when all the gunk in your pores is drawn to the top and ready to be pulled out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Crimsonjewel

Horrible...gave me dry itchy skin like I've never had in my life. I could not stop itching the sides of my nose and my forehead all day. Even after I moisturized I still itched and my nose was still flaky. On top of that it smells horrible..even when I returned it, the lady at the cash register said it smelled like old lady..