Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Quad - Ice Princess

I only wear Almay or CG eyeshadows, and since I didn't have any purples, I decided to try this quad out. I was scared because of how dark and very purple they looked in the pan, that this would not be wearable, but I was wrong. The two darker purples are actually lovely purples, that show up well but are not obnoxiously bright, and the 2 lighter cool lavender shades are perfect highlight to pair with the darker lid shades. Very flattering for dark blue eyes.

on 6/14/2013 10:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

As far as shadows go, the CG quads are pretty weak. They're not very pigmented once they go on your lid. I used primer so it stays, but it's just not a lot of color. However, when I wear purple I don't always want it to be POW, so it's kind of ok that this one is kind of faint. If I wanted my eyes to look more purple I'd probably get a different brand.

on 12/29/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Ice princess is a verry nice eyeshadow palette. It contains:a shimmery dark purple,a shimmery lavender,a shimmery silver,a shimmery pale lilac.The shimmers are soft and show on the eyes like a satin. It goes verry well on the application,it last fairly long! The final result of the look is georgous! Love it!

on 6/29/2011 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love this quad, I love purple eye shadow in general, and this quad is no different, It's pretty pigmented, and easy to blend, a little chalky, but nothing horrible. I especially like the color second from the left, it's really pretty. Dirt cheap too, I paid like 5 dollars for mine so I'm happy with it (:

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

eh I got this product on sale so I shouldnt really have the right.
lets just say that this product didnt work out for me at all, even using a eyeshadow primer, this didnt stay on my eyes for very long.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product was just okay for me. I don't feel like I got the color pay-off that the other reviewers got. I'm warm toned and love blues and purples in my wardrobe so I had to get a purple quad. I got this 30% off at the RiteAid sale so no regrets despite this being disappointing.

on 1/1/2011 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This quad is well worth the few dollars. The shadows are super pigmented, but it is an easy tool to use to make a soft monochromatic purple eye. I find that CG shadows are hit and miss. I love some, hate others. This would fall closer to love.

on 10/21/2010 5:27:00 AM

I must admit that I used to despise any CG product. Something has changed, because CG shadows are fabulous!!!!

This quad is beautiful. There are four wonderful purple colors that pop on your eyes.

My husband told me several times how nice my eyemakeup looked when I wore this.

I'm hooked on CG quads now...

on 9/9/2010 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

love the colors! the first color and the last color are not as smooth as the others but its pretty. the lightest color has a blue sheen to it I think. i still have to buy the revlon lavender meadows quad one which is kind of similar. Really love it and I would purchase it again. The packaging is crap (excuse the word but it really sucks) first of all the packaging looks tacky. Now I am not picky when it comes to packaging but cover girl just really looks cheap and I have to admit that. next is the seal. I dont know if its just me but this is the second time where I had to cut the the sticker of or else I would have to peel off the whole thing (include the back)

All in all, LOVE THIS PRODUCT

BUT.........

No joke, The only thing that is stopping me from buying more is the packaging

on 7/26/2010 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Very pretty colours, was really impressed with this quad. The lighter colours are a bit chalky, but the two darker purples give a good colour payoff with my MAC paintpot.

All the colours are shimmery, the lilac especially. The only problem with these shadows is that there is a alot of fallout which annoys me a little. I also am not too fond of the packaging, the flip lid scratched easily and becomes very dusty. The two sponge applicators are also very scratchy and pretty much useless.

Overall worth picking up but wouldn't buy again