April 24, 2014 | 1695 users online

Eye Shadow - Burt's Bees - Understanding

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2005 3:44:00 AM More reviews by missababe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this shadow!! I RIS and immmediately fell in love with the texture and the color. I never realized how great purple colors really looked on me until I found this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2005 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Haesel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this along with Trust for $8 each at the local drugstore (Longs Drugs). It's a semi-creamy, lightly shimmering eyeshadow that comes in a small aluminum tin. Understanding is a violet color. Another reviewer said it was mauve, but on my fair skin it is definately violet and not grayish, though not bright purple.The most successful application method I've found is to put it on with a foam-pad eyeshadow applicator rather than by finger; the cream tends to stick to the finger. Then I set it by dusting over with a translucent powder (the sheerer, the better to allow the shimmer through). You can also dust it with a more matte powder to give it a cream/matte finish. I am *very* pleased with the look it gives and it tends not to crease (unlike most other cream shadows).
I don't like the tin. In fact, when I bought the two tins of shadow, the Trust shadow got jammed because I didn't realize that the top is *screw on* rather than snap on. It also make a vicious scraping noise when it closes.
continued >>