April 19, 2014 | 1032 users online

Lip Gloss - Aveda - Lip Glaze in Raspberry Tea

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by avedamakeupisperfect

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this LG today as my weekly Aveda MU treat to myself :)

This is a beautiful shade that is soft, glossy and a sheer, milky raspberry, mauvey, pink. I am very pleased with this shade and have found this to match Aveda's Foxglove LL perfectly. This would be a pretty LG for a bride or anyone who wants to look natural, not over-the-top, pretty and polished. I took off 1 point because I prefer the squeeze tube applicator but this wand dipenses out a good amount upon apllication. Love this color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

Great everyday lipgloss, YBB on very fair skin; it happens to be a shade darker than my actual mouth. This is a light rose/faded berry (hence "Raspberry") with a well-chosen peachy-tawny undertone (hence "tea" - imagine well-brewed milky tea). This undertone helps it go well with red hair - enough goldiness and russet, no coral/orange. I live in terror of lipglosses and lipsticks that make me look like a hooker (being v. pale), or a corpse, and I'm too aged to get away with full-on goth any more (sigh; still firmly wearing much black though).

RT is easy to apply; slightly gloopy and sticky - very very slightly, and nothing you can't just rub in with a finger or other implement of your choice. It comes in a plastic tube, with a wand with a small sponge-tip applicator (about 1 cm long, maybe 3 mm across) on the end. It stays on well.

The overall effect is not unlike the Clinique Superbalm in Ginger; it's lighter in texture but darker, slightly more burgundy, in colour, and it stays on WAY BETTER.

Unlike the tasteless Clinique, RT is flavoured, like the various Aveda glazes, with mint and ginger. I find it pleasant, but I do eat both these things regularly, and loathe and despise things on my lips that taste of things I don't usually put in my mouth voluntarily and for pleasure (bubblegum, fake fruit, super-sweet candy, crude oil, etc.). Many of the other Aveda lip things taste of vanilla, cinnamon, and anise (apparently plus basil, but I didn't taste that). Some people might like that. I didn't. But if you like the Lip Glaze flavour, know that the Lip Colour Sheer tastes the same (review coming up).

For everyday purposes, I usually wear this, sometimes the aforementioned Clinique Ginger. This seems to depend on time of month, which changes how things taste. I've been wearing RT for at least three years, and will probably continue to do so until my hair goes grey and I can move into gorgeous intense scarlets and purples. Hah! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by rubybluecat1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great everyday gloss that isn't sticky or gooey. The color enhances my lips, without having to worry about smudging, feathering, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lotusblossom2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a big "YLBB" girl, and I love this one for a super-shiny (but not glittery) pinky color. The smell is gorgeous, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 7:43:00 AM More reviews by ayi369

I like this YLBB lip glaze. This is my new fav. The color is a kind of cool light pink on the mauve side, very sheer. The ingredients include organic peppermint and ginger oil plus tons of other safer ingredients. I feel comfortable with it. My lips glow with it in a natural way. And the most important part is, there's no shimmer in it as I try to avoid shimmers all the time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Gemma_Louise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hmmm. Bought this after all the rave reviews and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. I don't find this long lasting and it dries my lips after a while. The colour is nice, but doesn't really show up on my lips that much. I expected a lot more from this. I've used worse glosses, but this isn't the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2006 6:54:00 PM More reviews by neverseenblue

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite lipgloss. It's a very, very wearable muted rose, sort of a MLBB on me. I like Aveda's lip glazes since they aren't tacky or sticky and they don't smell like perfume or fruit. Some people have said they smell mint in this but I don't smell much of anything at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2006 6:31:00 AM More reviews by anya2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful pink shade, yummy fresh scent and great consistency. This product does not make my hair stick to my lips when the wind blows and does not feel gooey and looks and tastes great. This is my fave lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 5:33:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite lip gloss! The perfect natural-looking pink with lots of shine and soft, moist pigment. The ingredients include the best moisturizing oils, including fruit! This mimics my lips' natural color and is wonderful for a simple, subtle, barely there look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2005 1:33:00 PM More reviews by catlady36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I personally love the minty-ness of AVEDA's lip glazes. And this tuff makes my lips nice and soft. It's not too goopy and sticky like Clinique glosses, and this color is perfect on my lips. Not too much color, true, but a nice subtle look with shine. So if you're looking for a bright color, look elsewhere.