July 31, 2014 | 1903 users online

Eye Primer - L'Oreal - De-crease Eyeshadow base

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I'm certain the packaging changed because the one depicted on the photo above is not available anymore. What can I say about this product... It's very low quality. It really surprised me because L'Oreal is one of the few drugstore brands I trust, and most of the time it has not let me down. This product applies easily with the wand and it's super blendable. It's not as tacky as other primers for the eyeshadows to adhere to it, but colors do show a lot better than they do in the pan, I did the test putting primer before eyeshadow on one eye and shading only eyeshadow on the other. Contrary to it's name, the eyeshadows WILL crease with this underneath after three hours, so beware. I thought I would not have any problems since my eyelids are not greasy and tend to be pretty smooth. So, $10 for this crappy crap? Waste of money! You should definitely try the Fergie eyeshadow primers from Wet N' Wild! They are pretty comparable to UD'sPP and for only $5 a tube (which has an insane amount of product and it's a must have for oily eyelids). Or you could also try Korea's Etude House eyeshadow primer, which is amazing and only costs $6. Sorry L'oreal, but you should start improving your ingredient list!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Yellowcoral

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is an okay primer I don't think it's anything too special . I have really oily eyelids so I usually don't have high expectations for staying power . This made my eye makeup stay on a little bit longer but only for 2 more hours I feel like for a cheaper price you can get the elf eye primer to do the same job and maybe do it a little bit better . I will not be repurchasing this again but it might be good for someone who doesn't have oil eyelids .

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by JulesLondon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff wins when it comes to bang for your buck. Is it as good as Urban Decay's Primer Potion (my HG product)? No, but it's pretty close and a lot cheaper. It's long-lasting, not drying, and does a great job making vibrant eyeshadows show up. I save Primer Potion for nice occasions and use De-Crease for daily wear. You have to be careful to only apply this product in places you'll be covering with colour because it does leave a bit of a white-ish cast, even on light skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Boha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

There are much better drugstore primers out there. The price seems good at first. But you can't get half of the product out of the package. I feel like it didn't help the shadow last any longer and slid off after 4 to 6 hours.

I used this for 3 weeks. In every thickness possible. It just wouldn't work for me. I have oily skin and eyelids and this was a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by nhksoccer

Worst eye primer ever! Elf's eyelid primer and covergirl's shadowblast primer are so much better and much cheaper. I bought this for around $10 at Rite Aid and it creased on me within the first 2 hours of wear. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY ELF'S PRIMER

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Missilery

This product makes my eyeshadow stay a little longer, but not so long as to actually be impressed with it. I'd probably buy it again if I absolutely had to. I'll definitely be buying the Urban Decay primer next.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by OrangeCoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This isn't a bad primer if you're on a budget, but you basically get what you pay for. It works pretty well and lasts for most of the day but the color doesn't quite blend with my skin tone, even though it looks very similar in the bottle. Despite the fact that I have oily, acne-prone skin, this eyeshadow base can actually be too drying even for me. The product stayed on better than I expected with my oily skin, but after washing it off the skin around my eyes needed moisture badly. I actually don't use this product very often specifically because I think it would be bad for my skin.

This primer pretty much does what it says - it works as an eyeshadow base and lasts quite a long time - but it's definitely not the best product out there. The price is a little too high for what you get, but this is a decent product if you're in a pinch. I would rather try other eyeshadow primers than buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by shiningrbuy

I have oily eyelid and this works great for me. My L'Oreal Infallible eye shadow can look fresh for 9 hours for sure. Without the base the same shadow is good for 7 hours. I never apply it with the wand, instead I use my ring fingertip to dap the product from the wand then apply it on my eyelid. Compare to the similar product from e.l.f (the stick comes with the useless "eyeliner" thing), which does not work for me at all, I am a lot happier with this one and I will keep buying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by cliniquerox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Didn't work for me with super oily lids, used it up but won't buy again ....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Rabdaddy

Def not as good as udpp, but def worth it if on a budget. I ran out of mine, and was using color tattoos in white as a base, and saw this and decided to try. Does the job nice when layered with my color tattoos, even though people always say not to use a primer with them. It's 90 degrees right now and my expensive cover up has melted off but my eyeshadow is still intact :) would repurchase in a pinch.