Lancome Soleil Ultra SPF 40 Ultra protection face and body lotion

4.1

on 5/1/2008 3:08:00 AM

It does have a very pleasant scent! But it was a little too rich for me- it left my skin looking oily. It is a good sunblock for the body. But if you have oily or combination skin- it's prob not the best option for the face.

love the scent:)

on 4/13/2008 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I recently came back from a trip to Hawaii. My mom had a sample of this sunscreen which I used during the trip. It did wonders for my skin as I have rosacea/combo skin. I usually break out with whiteheads using sunscreen but didn't with this one. I gave it 4 stars as it has only been one week:)

on 8/18/2007 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A combination of three chemical sunscreens and a physical blocker in a light, pleasantly scented, water-resistant formula. This provides somewhat of a glistening finish on my combo skin, hence the 4/5. My skin is softer, brighter, healthier-looking after applying this and remains in this supreme condition for the whole day; although I do have to periodically blot the shine away, I keep coming back to this sunscreen and am on my third bottle. I usually wear a mild moisturizer or a mattifying lotion underneath this, but I would argue that this sunscreen suffices as both a moisturizer and an spf veil. I've worn this alone and my skin was very happy (albeit, I must once again note, a bit shiny on the face; on the body, it provides a healthy glow).

A special note on the scent - you can wear this over your whole body on the beach/during the day in the city and avoid smelling like sunscreen - the smell is pleasant and subtle, better than any body lotion I've tried. People have actually complimented me on the smell and asked me what it was - they couldn't believe a sunscreen can smell so good!

on 1/17/2007 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the SPF 40 (rather than the typical 15) and the fact that you don't have a whitish cast left on your face after application. I was at first thrown off by the "for face and body" since I wanted it for use on my face, but it settles in beautifully smooth after my moisturizer and is quite moisturizing itself w/out being too oily. (added moisture for my dry skin) It works well, almost like a primer, for my foundation! Would definitely buy again.

on 10/11/2006 1:56:00 PM

I had got this as a sample. I am extremely pale, and this really did protect me. Plus, it is incredibly moisturizing. Incredibly. Oh, and because I love the scent of sunscreen, I loved the scent of this one. =]

on 7/27/2006 12:57:00 AM

I only used this sunscreen when I use to go tanning at the tanning salon because I was paranoid about the uv light on my face. It protected my face just fine. I have a lot of light freckles sprinkled across my cheeks and my nose and didnt want them to darken. I cant wear this any time else. Its just way too greasy and heavy. I have combo skin and I tend to get more oily during the summer. So I definitely couldnt wear this during the hot summer days. Made my face way too greasy looking and made my make up greasy.

on 5/28/2006 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my all-time favorite sunscreen!! I use this on my face/neck/hands on the daily basis and love the moisturizing properties! It's only an SPF40 which is great for daily wear and it absorbs nicely into my skin. I just use this in the morning and due to the moisturizing properties, I don't have to worry about a separate hydrator. If I'm out for longer periods, I'll use my Cotz which is a SPF58 and costs $58 for a 1.7oz size whereas the Lancome is around $32 for a 5oz size. I have really sensitive skin/eczyma and this lotion never irritates or breaks me out. I'll continue to purchase over and over again! I think I'm on my 4th bottle already!!!

on 7/4/2005 4:10:00 PM

I really like this product, not only because of its high SPF but also because it does not irritate my sensitive, rosacea-prone skin at all. I've worn it to go boating in July and it does a great job of protecting my skin from the sun. It does go on shiny, but I just dust some loose powder over my face and the result is quite matte. It is fairly pricey, but then I just use it on my face; I don't have the same problems with sensitivity when it comes to my body, for which I'll happily use a less-expensive, drugstore sunscreen.

on 7/23/2004 12:01:00 PM

My skin is dry, sensitive, and very pale, and I need a great all-around sunblock. I really like this one. It does have a very light scent, but it fades rapidly and doesn't irritate my skin. It is slightly shiny on first application, but this seems to dry down , and I can apply makeup over it with no problems as long as I allow the sunblock to dry first. It dries quickly.At $27 I do think it is a bit pricey,but if Lancome has a great GWP available when I need a new bottle, I will bite the bullet and buy this again!!

on 4/27/2004 12:23:00 PM

Goes on light and is very moisturizing. I probably wouldn't use this as a daily sunscreen however. It doesn't absorb very well and it's oily. Good for the beach, but it's a bit pricey for what it does.