December 18, 2014 | 1605 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Nutrium Moisturizing Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like a bar of soap in the shower and I've used Dove since I can remember, but this Nutrium ups the ante. It's even more moisturizing than the original yet rinses quickly and leaves you feeling clean not striped. Doesn't leave any soap residue on shower glass/tub nor the body. It's inexpensive and if you let it dry out properly it will last long as well. I've tried all the fancy expensive french milled varieties, but I always come back to this. Highly Recommended

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love how moisturizing this bar is and how lovely my bathroom smells after I use it. The original Dove soap (white bar) was a tad drying for me. This is perfect for my body as it cleans well without stripping my skin. I even used this on my face a couple of times and its been working to clear up eczema patches without breaking me out now that the weather is changing. It has maintained its shape so far in the shower. I also like that I can find this everywhere without breaking the bank. I do prefer organic soaps for the long run, but this is pretty good and I like to rotate this in the shower whenever I can. Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by heavengirl1390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

Smells wonderful, lathers well, cleanses perfectly but I get itchy afterwards!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this soap! Normally I don't use bar soaps except for glycerin soaps. All my life growing up I had eczema and couldn't use fancy bar soaps. I healed myself of eczema years ago but never liked harsh smelling bar soaps since, or even some of the 'natural' ones. So I stuck with gels, and washes, and glycerin and occassionally Karma soap from Lush. I bought this Dove bar based on the reviews here - someone mentioned their bathroom smelled like getting hit in the face with a lilac bush - I LOVE lilacs so this comment sealed the deal for me - I must try this soap! And I so love it. Pretty pink colour and I love that I can smell it in my bathroom throughout the day - it smells so feminine, fresh and clean. It smells like "pink" - yummy, pampering, lovely pink. And it's a delight to use, lots of creamy lather - a sensual delight! Leaves my skin soft and smooth. I feel girly-girl from head to toe!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by BitOHoney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so glad they brought back Nutrium. I do miss the body wash but I love the soap. I have oily skin and this works great for me my skin is clear and glowing. Love the smell of this and it makes by body very soft and silky. Definite repurchase over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG!!!!! I love absolutely everything about this bar. I feel so luxurious and wonderful every time I use it. I also love the original (white) and moisturizing (pink) dove beauty bars and I find this version pretty comparable to the pink bar. I LOVE LOVE LOVE It!!!!! I have NEVER been able to use bar soap on my body or face, and can only use gentle glycerin soap on my hands because my skin is so dry. I've tried so many types, but none have made the cut, even the expensive french milled versions or the fancy natural types. I've actually even made my own soap in the past and that's the only thing that has ever come close to Dove.

The scent is divine and it leaves my skin silky soft and clean without any kind of filmy residue. I don't feel stripped or dry at all. Dove bars do have a tendency to become melty so I keep my bar in a dry place and not in the normal soap holder in the shower. It lasts quite a long time.

My BF has been a long time bar soap user and has used everything from Lever to Dr Bronners and even he has been converted to Dove. He loves using it as much as I do! His skin is super sensitive and prone to break outs, but Dove works wonderfully on his skin.

I also love using Nutrium on my face. I have Never ever ever been able to use bar soap on my face, and most cleansers are way too drying for me. I'm a Cetaphil kind of girl, but for the past couple of months I've been using dove and love the results I've been getting. At night I use Pond's Cold Cream to remove make up then tissue it off and follow with Dove. There's a reason these products have lasted as long as they have. My skin is radiant and Velvety and I often get compliments on how beautiful my skin is. Granted, genes have something to do with it, but if I don't maintain my skin properly there's definitely a difference. I will use Dove as long as they make it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

There's nothing wrong with this - I just preferred it back when it was still the white and pink stripy version with the very distinctive scent. Now it's just another one of ever-increasing number of Dove knockoffs: I'm in the minority but I believe Dove does better when it does less. This is fine, but it's basically mauve Dove with a beefed-up scent. I miss the old kind. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by lauriebeth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this for a few years now-on my face, & I can't find anything as good for my skin. I have combination skin, sensitive, few fine lines around eyes. Why spend alot of bucks when this works, simple. My M.D. even asked me what products I use, he said it seems to work, keep it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Oh, how I love these bars.... I consider the original Dove the grandmother of all beauty bars and love to use it for showers. (My facial skin is oily so, I do not use it on the face.) Truth be told, I have only found one body wash that can compare to the luxurious moisturizing qualities of Dove soap. However, to think...Dove original, the original mainstream moisturizing beauty bar, could improve upon itself is unheard of?! This Nutrium bar is DIVINE! It moisturizes beautifully and smells delightful. I will use it again and again and again, and I hope they never change the formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by spiffytiffi912

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this soap, and I'm typically a bath gel/body wash type of girl. My mom has always used the original Dove white soap since I can remember and thinks bar soaps are good enough for her. Since I've moved back home, I decided for her sake (yeah, right) I would experiment with some bar soaps for her to try.

Since I knew she liked Dove, I decided for this soap, since I didn't think she'd like the heavy scent of the grapefruit/lemongrass one or the cool moisture. Man, I'm so glad I bought this - I'm going to use it for myself from now on! It's a cute pinkish lavander color and the scent is AMAZING. It's clean and pretty, not old-lady smelling - I can't really describe it, but it's really fresh and nice. (I actually can't stand the original Dove soap smell - it's very strong, very SOAPY, ivory scent, blegh). I do admit it does smell a bit strongly in the bathroom so it kind of takes it over, but I don't mind because I like it. However, the scent DOES NOT linger on your skin. It will not interfere with your scent if you decide to wear some perfume or body lotion. If you really try and stick your nose to your skin, you can catch a hint of it, but nothing more. I actually wish the scent was stronger!

it lathers quite well and I feel like it moisturizes my skin. I feel like I don't have to put on lotion after my showers. It doesn't come on heavy and it's not oily - just right. I don't use this on my face because it's very sensitive, however. And it's dirt cheap! You get two bars for (at most) $3 something US. It does seem to 'melt' away faster than other bar soaps I've encountered (maybe because I like this one so much?), but it's not at an alarming rate.

All in all, you MUST try this soap. It is HEAVEN.