October 24, 2014 | 910 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Chocolate Cream Coffee

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2006 7:45:00 PM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Chocolate Cream Coffee 3-in-1 is part of Philosophy's Chocolatelovers's Cookbook and in my opinion, is the better of the lot compared to the Cafe Au Lait and White Chocolate Hazelnut 3-in-1s. This smells every bit as delicious as its name, and makes me think of sipping a rich foamy cappucino while having a slice of moist chocolate cake. It's a pity the scent doesn't last even a second after I step out of the shower. The reviewer below mentioned the liquid being pink....uh oh, sounds like something's wrong because the stuff in my bottle is most definitely brown. A bad batch perhaps? The moisturizing qualities of this stuff aren't too fantastic, and it leaves skin feeling really dry afterwards. You definitely need to follow this up with a moisturizer afterwards. I didn't and my legs became really dry and itchy a few hours later. The packaging is, as always, too cute. I love how the Philosophy 3-in-1s come with recipes on the bottle. I have yet to actually try one of them out but the marketing idea is certainly clever. Overall, one of the better 3-in-1s I've tried. I wouldn't repurchase because it doesn't do a great job at moisturizing my skin and simply because I have so many other Philosophy shower products I'm just dying to try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2005 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have wanted to try this for some time and RIS from a very generous gal. I expected this to be a moisturizing wash, first mistake. It performs more of a stripping action on me, feeling much like bar soap does. The scent is lovely, but fifteen minutes after my shower, I can no longer smell it on my skin. And, while I don't expect something that's chocolate and coffee flavored to be say, a pink color, it did look strangely yucky on my pouf. Overall, I think this product is pretty great though, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 10:34:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This smells like a very strong cup of extra creamy coffee. Although I love to drink coffee, the smell of it on my body first thing in the morning wasn't so great. I grew tired of using this and I found myself anxious to use it up just so I could stop using it. This scent is just too heavy and rich for me. Too bad, because I love most Philosphy scents.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 9:21:00 AM More reviews by glamourmama

This smells like chocolate mixed with nailpolish remover. I dont know if it's just my bottle that has the effect because I know it would probably smell wonderful without the acetone smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2004 7:22:00 PM More reviews by blyss

I am not a fan nor a total critic for this. I received in the swap and I'm wondering if my bottle has been 'changed' while in transit to me. It does not smell like anything the previous reviewers has mentioned. To me, it is a heavy nutty smell with burnt sugar in the mix. I do not smell chocolate (not even a bitter chocolate note) or coffee.

On the positive note, the quality is pretty good and the scent is quite long lasting on the skin. It lathers well and cleans pretty good for the skin. I haven't tried this on the hair but if you do like the scent, I can imagine this would last a long time in the hair.

Overall, I think this is a nice product to have if you like the scent. I would recommend to sniff it first before buying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2003 2:42:00 PM More reviews by martawoj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I totally agree with the reviews below: this is a great smelling bath gel, my favorite from the set and now I like it better than Cinnamon Buns. I also wait for them to start selling it as a 16 oz'er.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2003 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Peach_Pancake_126

This is dark brown, and it smells like rich, chocolately coffee with a hint of hazlenut. Yum...I don't really like coffee scents but this is mostly chocolate. I'm so glad that they made this with a flip-top cap instead of the old screw-on caps--they make dispensing much easier!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2003 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has to be one of my favorite 3-in-1s ever. It's right up there with Cinnamon Buns and Pumpkin Pie. As a body wash, it's fabulous with its rich, creamy lather and moisture rich formula. And as for the scent, it's exactly as described - a heavenly blend of sweet chocolate and cream and rich coffee. To me, this combination smells a bit like pudding. I do wish this were available in larger bottles outside of the Chocolate Lovers box, though. I'm sure it would pay dividends and sell as well as Cinnamon Buns!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2003 8:23:00 PM More reviews by chicdiv

I love this new 3-in-1 -- it has replaced Cinnamon Buns as my philosophy favorite. Very rich & chocolatey smell with just a hint of coffee. Lathers nicely.