NARS Jungle Red

4.6

I have been looking for my perfect red lip shade. I have tried tons of products, and I love how Jungle Red falls on my lips. The colour is stunning, but somehow on me it leans more to orange, but not too much, but enough to complement my skin tone (I am NC20). The price is a bit expensive, but hey, it does last pretty long. The colour payoff is good and it does last on your lips. I will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Jungle Red is an amazing lipstick that will transform your look and attitude for the day.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have tons of red lippies in my drawer – most I rarely wear for more than 3 days in a row – they turned out either too shiny, too matte, too glossy, with glitter that turned out too pronounced, too much organgy or too much pink after oxidisation on my pigmented lips, the list goes on and my quest in tracking the perfect red continues – but it finally stopped two weeks ago and I have been wearing Jungle Red on my lips and nothing else since!
I dare say this is my perfect red – matte but not too drying or stark against my Asian tan/sallow complexion, and I always prefer matte lipstick provided they are not drying or accenturate my lip lines. Also, although it is a warm red with a very slight orange (which I prefer rather than blue-based ones), this does not make my teeth look more yellow than they are!
It’s just perfect and I think this may be my signature lipstick.

Jungle Red is a flattering soft red with a slight warmth. The texture is gorgeous, matte but velvety and not drying on my lips. Also creates a classic look, a muted bright colour so very wearable.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm writing this review after a few weeks of applying Jungle Red on a daily basis and I must say that I LOVE IT.

The shade of red is just perfect. The right red without orange and without blue either. It's pure red. It's elegant, classy, glamourous and flattering. Not tacky in the slightest, not screaming on your face because it's a red that speaks by itself without yelling. The shade is a clean red that doesn't need shine, glitter or s....t to make a statement. The amount of moisture is also perfect. It doesn't shine at all but it's not very matte either. It makes your lips look matte but not dry, not cakey. I would say Jungle Red is the only red I can either wear in the morning but also in the evening because it works for any occasion. In addition, as all Nars lipsticks, it has no scent at all so it doesn't interfere with your parfum or with your taste. It's just fantastic. I'll be repurchasing over and over.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oh my. Perfect 1950's classic pin up red. No orange tones, no pink.
Its quite difficult to find a matte red that doesn't throw orange or that cherry pink or doesn't throw that slightly deeper hue.

I'm an NC5/10, NARS Siberia, for reference, and this shade is quite vibrant on me. I see it being a universal colour for all skin tones.

Formula: It's more of a satin finish, definitely not matte, slightly creamy but it isn't shiny or glossy in any way. It almost looks like a medium burnt orangey red shade in the tube, but when applied to the lips just transforms into this gorgeous, vibrant, blood red. It applies surprinsgly quite sheer at first, but within 3/4 coats is built up to a true, opaque coverage. I love that it isn't completely opaque straight from the tube because I feel like this colour will be easy to wear on those days or nights I want a red lip, but tuned down a lot.

The ingredients in this lipstick are also really really lovely, nourishing. (there are quite a few natural ingredients in it).

Lasting power: Not completely magnificent as it isn't a stain or a completely matte formula, but nonetheless, decent. Last about 4 hours before significant fading (whilst not eating or drinking). [No lipsticks every last well on me because I'm always eating/drinking lol]

Overall, if you are looking for a classic, yet easy to wear, versatile, pure red lipstick - look no further.

Perfect red lipstick I've been on a small hunt lately and went thru all the top selling shades from Mac ruby woo was too matte and would come off uneven and make my lips extra dry. Tried viva glam I, too blood red then I saw reviews on here for nars jungle red the picture displayed at the top is similar to my fair skin tone and it was the bold cherry red was looking for. Couldn't be happier with nars this melts into my lips and conditions them whilenot bleeding every where even when I eat. I've always used a lip liner and nyx red is perfect with this

One word: AMAZING.
This has completely replaced Ruby Woo as my HG red lipstick. I cannot even remember the last time I wore my RW out.
Funny thing is, I bought this out of complete serendipity--I originally wanted to try Heat Wave, but both NARS shops I went to were out of stock, so to soothe my disappointment, I picked up a red shade at random and thought, "Oh well, let's see how this holds up against Ruby Woo."
This made me realize that I much prefer NARS' semi-matte formula for lipsticks as it is not as drying on my lips and it lasts for hours & hours, even without retouching. I'm still stuck on the "Jeans + white shirt + bare-face apart from red lipstick" phase, and I don't see myself falling out of love with this soon.
Whenever I wear this, I'm sure to be complimented and even asked by people about it. In fact, I've been repeatedly stopped by random strangers (both women AND men!) to ask for the brand and shade of my lipstick! So yeah, this is a show-stopper and a self-confidence booster in a tiny tube. I don't even mind that it's nearly 50% more expensive than MAC's lipsticks--I think I shall go hoard this soon so I'll never run out!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a beautiful neutral red. I find it looks beautiful with just mascara and bronzer. Makes a statement even if it's more of a quiet red. Great pigmentation. Formula is lovely, a soft matte with a tad sheen to it. I pay attention, hehe. Smells great! I love the aroma of NARS lipsticks. I do wish it came with more product, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I thought a pure red with no visible blue or orange tones would be boring. Never have I been so wrong... We have been so obsessed with our timeless Ruby Woo's and our trendiest neon oranges we have forgotten the beauty of truly red lips. When you wear this, you will be telling the world you are wearing red lipstick. Not cherry, not tomato, not berry, not brick: it is the most gorgeous and sexy pure RED you will find around, in a super smooth matte finish, which makes it more sophisticated. It's a hot statement and a mood lifter.
I wear this when I want to impress or seduce.
If you have blue eyes, this will make them pop like crazy. A personal must-have and one of NARS's best lipsticks.

Recommended for Medium Skin