October 2, 2014 | 961 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Jungle Red

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by wildcardinside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh my. Perfect 1950's classic pin up red. No orange tones, no pink.
Its quite difficult to find a matte red that doesn't throw orange or that cherry pink or doesn't throw that slightly deeper hue.

I'm an NC5/10, NARS Siberia, for reference, and this shade is quite vibrant on me. I see it being a universal colour for all skin tones.

Formula: It's more of a satin finish, definitely not matte, slightly creamy but it isn't shiny or glossy in any way. It almost looks like a medium burnt orangey red shade in the tube, but when applied to the lips just transforms into this gorgeous, vibrant, blood red. It applies surprinsgly quite sheer at first, but within 3/4 coats is built up to a true, opaque coverage. I love that it isn't completely opaque straight from the tube because I feel like this colour will be easy to wear on those days or nights I want a red lip, but tuned down a lot.

The ingredients in this lipstick are also really really lovely, nourishing. (there are quite a few natural ingredients in it).

Lasting power: Not completely magnificent as it isn't a stain or a completely matte formula, but nonetheless, decent. Last about 4 hours before significant fading (whilst not eating or drinking). [No lipsticks every last well on me because I'm always eating/drinking lol]

Overall, if you are looking for a classic, yet easy to wear, versatile, pure red lipstick - look no further.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Perfect red lipstick I've been on a small hunt lately and went thru all the top selling shades from Mac ruby woo was too matte and would come off uneven and make my lips extra dry. Tried viva glam I, too blood red then I saw reviews on here for nars jungle red the picture displayed at the top is similar to my fair skin tone and it was the bold cherry red was looking for. Couldn't be happier with nars this melts into my lips and conditions them whilenot bleeding every where even when I eat. I've always used a lip liner and nyx red is perfect with this

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by archt_marj14

One word: AMAZING.
This has completely replaced Ruby Woo as my HG red lipstick. I cannot even remember the last time I wore my RW out.
Funny thing is, I bought this out of complete serendipity--I originally wanted to try Heat Wave, but both NARS shops I went to were out of stock, so to soothe my disappointment, I picked up a red shade at random and thought, "Oh well, let's see how this holds up against Ruby Woo."
This made me realize that I much prefer NARS' semi-matte formula for lipsticks as it is not as drying on my lips and it lasts for hours & hours, even without retouching. I'm still stuck on the "Jeans + white shirt + bare-face apart from red lipstick" phase, and I don't see myself falling out of love with this soon.
Whenever I wear this, I'm sure to be complimented and even asked by people about it. In fact, I've been repeatedly stopped by random strangers (both women AND men!) to ask for the brand and shade of my lipstick! So yeah, this is a show-stopper and a self-confidence booster in a tiny tube. I don't even mind that it's nearly 50% more expensive than MAC's lipsticks--I think I shall go hoard this soon so I'll never run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful neutral red. I find it looks beautiful with just mascara and bronzer. Makes a statement even if it's more of a quiet red. Great pigmentation. Formula is lovely, a soft matte with a tad sheen to it. I pay attention, hehe. Smells great! I love the aroma of NARS lipsticks. I do wish it came with more product, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought a pure red with no visible blue or orange tones would be boring. Never have I been so wrong... We have been so obsessed with our timeless Ruby Woo's and our trendiest neon oranges we have forgotten the beauty of truly red lips. When you wear this, you will be telling the world you are wearing red lipstick. Not cherry, not tomato, not berry, not brick: it is the most gorgeous and sexy pure RED you will find around, in a super smooth matte finish, which makes it more sophisticated. It's a hot statement and a mood lifter.
I wear this when I want to impress or seduce.
If you have blue eyes, this will make them pop like crazy. A personal must-have and one of NARS's best lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Lovely, balanced bright red in a great formula. I have medium skin with warm yellow undertones (NC30) and Jungle Red is an easy to wear, brightening red on my complexion. Its lack of strong orange or blue undertones means that it'll work for a huge range of skintones. On me, Jungle Red seems to lean slightly warm, but it's an almost completely neutral red. This is my first NARS Semi Matte lipstick, and I absolutely love the formula. Though it is matte, I don't find it drying, and it lasts around 4-5 hours. The lipstick doesn't have much slip and is very lightweight, feeling like it really melds with your lips. I feel like Heat Wave is NARS' famous red, but this baby definitely deserves more attention. If you're in the market for a playful, cheery bright red, Jungle Red might be the one you're looking for!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I want just straight up, no orange, no pink, no fuschia red, this is the red lipstick I reach for. In fact, this is the lipstick that finally made me feel like I could pull off red! If you need a blue toned red or very warm red I would not recommend this, but if you have neutral skin and need something in between this is perfect. I feel great whenever I wear this! Very sophisticated color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Spsihope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing Selena Gomez in Elle and I've found my perfect red! For my skintone I love that it leans a lil orange, but still red. I was scared of how matte it would be, but it just glides on! Feels good, great pigment. Exactly what a red should be.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Sanida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok to put things in perspective.... I am a total amateur when it comes to lipsticks. I own NARS Cruising and Senorita but these are nude colours which I can apply without a mirror and I seldom wear them because I prefer lip glosses. I'm definitely a no fuss kinda gal.
I don't know what made me go into Mecca Cosmetica and look for a red lipstick but I did and basically now my life has changed haha!

I never thought that red lipstick would suit me but this is an amazing colour. I exfoliate the lips and use a Chanel lip balm to prep. I don't use a lip liner, I just apply a few layers (blotting in between) and it looks gorgeous. It has great lasting power as well. As I said I don't use a lip liner and I tried applying it with a brush but it's not really my thing. I just go straight from the tube and manage to get a pretty good application.

Yes it is a bit drying but you can apply a bit of lip balm over it as you need, it's no biggie.

Anyways, this has now opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me. I absolutely love wearing this colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Gunmetal21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this for a birthday party and really loved the colour. I also normally don't like lipsticks, but it was this one by NARS that kind of turned me into an amateur lipstick junkie. :) I thought it had good staying power, as well, for all that I'm not that well versed in wearing lipstick "properly".

I do wish the lipstick was cheaper, but I understand there are far pricier brands out there.

Would purchase again.