November 28, 2014 | 1817 users online

Eye Shadow - Sephora - Silver Shadow Trio

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2004 6:48:00 PM More reviews by kazberry

I pretty much agree with brianx - the best part of this eye shadow was the anticipation of using it. I thought it was going to have a really dramatic effect with the dark, medium and light silver mixing it up on my eyelid. Alas, no. It really is quite subtle - just a light grey with a nice shimmer. Actually, the shimmer is the best part of this shadow; it reminds me of new fallen snow. I have no idea how much this retails for as I got it for $4 off eBay. It's not bad but definitely not a repurchase. (Here I go back to MAC!) continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2003 1:01:00 AM More reviews by brianx

This is okay. A little less than stellar though, as I was expecting something unique. I first saw this in the catalogue and on the website and was like "OMG, this looks great!" It's in the same style packaging as Stila e/s trios, so I expected this to be around the same size as them...which is a lot of product for only $10, so I thought it would be a great value. When I got to Sephora to actually try this out, though, I was kind of shocked. This thing is about the same size as a MAC shadow. It comes in the Stila-style cardboard packaging though. The colors are all pretty unimpressive as well. One is a whitish silver, the other is deeper classic silver, and the other is darkish greyish silver. They all blend together to make one normal silver shade. I didn't really like this too much. The texture of Sephora shadows is good, though (but not amazing), they're well-pigmented and yet have a sheer somewhat metallic frosty finish. Overall I wasn't too impressed with this product and I didn't purchase. This would be great for someone looking for frosty-metallic silver e/s, though. It's a nice holiday look paired with a red lip. Just nothing I could use, as I already have similar shades in my kit.