November 26, 2014 | 1631 users online

Cleansers - Revive - Cleanser Gentil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Beautien

I love this cleanser! It's so gentle. Takes off of my Dior water resistant make up without causing my skin to dry up and flake. It's so gentle that I got it in my eyes but it didn't burn like with other cleansers: Estée Lauder and Lancôme. I would recommend this cleanser if you have the money to splurge. It's in the $60s but the bottle lasted me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by yiuyiucat

I bought one bottle after reading the review here in 2011 Winter.
I haven't finished my 1st bottle yet (almost though)... cos everytime I just need a little drop to go with my Clarisonic brush (only use it pm time)

It's a really effective cleanser, and works extremely well with Clarisonic brush. Feeling skin very very clean, soft but not dry at all. I also tried to use the cleanser alone without Clarisonic but it's not as good.

Recommended for ppl with combination skin, clogged pores, looking for a cleanser to go with Clarisonic brush.

I have already stocked up 2 bottles with discount...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by QR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best face wash for me. I have stopped my search to find anything better. It lathers well, removes makeup well, but doesn't leave the face dry. My acne prone sensitive skin has had no problems with this facewash. It is expensive but it last a long time and a little goes a long way. My previous facewash included: shesheido, shu umera, purity, clarins, purpose, cetaphil, amore pacific, and kate sommerville.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by CJA82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Probably one of my favorite cleansers for how clean and soft it gets my face. My only complaint is how drying it is. I would say this is much more for the summer months. Also not crazy about the price. Would for sure buy this again if I don't find something better.

One big pro is that you only need a small amount and the bottle lasts a long time. I bought mine in early Decemeber, and use a small amount morning and evening, and I still have some left here in March.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a little over two months now and I love it. I'm sort of shocked. Based on the ingredients alone, this should not work for my skin. It has lavender and oat, two things that I usually steer clear of given my extremely sensitive skin. Usually I don't do well with any sort of botanicals because of my numerous allergies. Additionally, it smells strongly of lavender. I never, ever use scented or fragranced skin care product but the scent is natural and really lovely.

For reference my skin is very pale, and I'm on the normal side of combination skin. I tend to break out slightly if using the wrong product though I otherwise rarely have any sort of acne issues. And I am very reactive, and very sensitive. Prone to irritation easily. It's difficult to introduce any new skin care or makeup products to my skin.

I was nervous to try this one out. I'd been searching for a new cleanser since my former one started giving me sensitivity and odd reactions. I went through several before trying this based on a recommendation from my SA at Neiman Marcus. The whole line seemed marketed towards sensitive skinned people, and it is ph-balanced, so I thought I might as well try it.

It's a clear gel that appears pale pink in the bottle. But it's actually entirely clear with a slightly runny texture. Not a thick or jelly type of gel, more fluid and silky. It took me a few tries to realize that I actually do only need a pea sized amount to wash my entire face and neck thoroughly. Seriously, only a pea size or even smaller. I know, I know... so many products claim that's all that's needed but in this case it's very true. That minuscule amount creates a very thick, plush white lather that removes all traces of makeup (if I'm in a pinch. Usually I use a separate eye makeup remover). So it does foam up quite a bit. It doesn't strip my skin or leave it feeling tight either. No breakouts or irritation. The scent took some getting used to, but now I find it very really soothing.

The plastic packaging is minimal and I like the cap because it seals tightly. It did seem expensive at first (6.0 oz. for $65.00), but given how well it performs, and how little is needed daily, I think it's cost effective. I'd like to try other products from the line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by geovani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AMAZING!!!
first let me say that i am a huge "high end skincare junkie" lol
and a VERY BIG FAN OF "LA PRAIRIE" brand.
i just tried sooooo many brands(la mer,revive,natura bisse,chanel,dior,ysl,sisley and more!)
and no brand gave me such an amazing results like la prairie BUT as me being an addict for brands i allways like to try new brands that ppl rave about,now i heard the rave of revive and HAD TO TRY!!!
so i ordered revive online (cause i live in israel and you cant get revive here in my country) of products worth 1500 usd so i could really get the revive "GLOW" lol
i tried there products for allmost two months and..................
I HAVE NEVER USED SUCH SHIT PRODUCTS THAT NOT ONLY DIDNT DO ANYYYYYTHING TO MY SKIN BUT ALSO MADE MY SKIN SO BAD FROM BREAKOUTS!!! (and from then on i stay loyal to my beloved la prairie) BUT i have to say that from the two cleansers i ordered of revive (cleanser luxe and this cleanser gentile) this cleanser is really AMAZING!!!! its wayyyyyyy beter then any cleanser i had EVER tried!!! my skin feels sooo clean and looks really good and i dont have that tight feeling that i did when i used other cleansers.
i think this is THE BEST CLEANSER IN THE WORLD!!! i have sensitive combo skin and it just balanced everything so this will be amazing for allmost anyone (unless you have VERY VERY VERY dry skin)
have fun :-)
sarai from israel:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by barneyslover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is expensive BUT a tiny amount goes a long long way! The scent is great - although I do understand how other reviewers feel it smells like medicine. Used the whole bottle (lasted one year) and my skin has never been so soft and I have noticed that my monthly hormonal breakouts decreased in severity. NOTE: Stopped using for a few months and my skin got BLEH again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by makeupinfo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have super-sensitive dry skin and I have been using this daily for a few months now without a problem. I use just a pea size for my whole face - which is a good thing because this cleanser is expensive ($65 for 6.7oz). I don't know how it removes makeup because I use a separate cleanser for that (Garden of wisdom cleansing oil), but for daily gentle washing I would recommend this for people with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by idorn

Love this product! Used their Cleanser Agressif before this one but they discontinued it.
Either way, this one is so fantastic on my skin, really helped clean out my pores and eliminate most of my acne. A little amount goes a long way. It does cost $65 at Saks or Neiman but worth it since I use one bottle for a whole year!
Before, I use to try different cheaper cleansers through out the year added up to over 100 a year but now I just have one cleanser all year round.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by CharmedI

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

With rosacea, the cleanser is very important. This cleanses beautifully, leaves skin feeling soft and moist. It rinses clean and does not leave behind any residue. Skin feels clean, healthy, and not stripped of oils. May I say this is my Holy Grail cleanser? Seriously, you only need a dime size amount to clean face and dcolletage. In my opinion, this is exactly what a cleanser should be.

UPDATE: December 16, 2008

Still using and loving this gentle cleanser. It works great with my rosacea, suds abundantly, cleanses beautifully with no residue!