July 31, 2014 | 1228 users online

Liquid - Anna Sui - Fluid Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by luckyshopper888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love all Anna Sui stuff, and when you love all Anna Sui stuff and always buy them, you get terribly disappointed when the foundation (esp liquid stuff) does not match up to even drugstore foundations. Anna Sui please take note, this is a genuine customer who has a soft spot for Anna Sui, but each time I use Anna Sui Foundation or Concealer I get problems: like e.g. spotty look etc, or just doesn't blend well with the skin. I am using Anna Sui Shampoo conditioner, eyeliner (liquid eyeliner is fabulous) everything is perfect except your foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by melmusic85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't like this at all. It smelled way too strong and went on too thick. It didn't help that the lady sold me the wrong colour. It ended up being used a couple times and then sitting in my makeup drawer for a several months, I eventually just threw it out. I finally came to the realization that it's the real creamy foundations that I just hate putting on my skin. It felt too heavy... I've since made the transition to a tinted moisturizer (still searching for the perfect one) and I have never been more satifisfied with the way my skin looks & feels!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by joycecsm

I have the 701 foundation.
This one can make you GLOW.
Well I would say it is really a highlighter liquid not a foundation at all. I must let you know that this does not cover anything. It only illuminates the skin that you apply and blend into your skin.
So if you do not have good skin (no bumps no acne no blemish, and maybe no wrinkles too), I would advise you to stay AWAY from this product. or at least mix it with another actual coloured foundation before applying. Whichever it is, you must apply sparingly.
I know you might think it is not very hygienic but each time I use this, which is often, I use one side of a new cotton bud to dip into the bottle then apply sparingly onto my face.
Eye areas, sun kissing areas, sides of my nose, center of nose, chin, sides of my jaws and my the center line down my neck.
Yes just with whatever little product that is on that cotton bud and that is absorbed into it. As I run the bud down the areas, I use my finger to blend the product into my skin. Pat and slide. Pat and slide.
When done, I find that not using loose powder is key. Instead, I use the big loose powder brush to sweep lightly off a two way cake foundation, doesn't matter what brand (right now I use ZA cz it was on discount), and sweep onto your face lightly all over. Locking this wonderful highlighter in without looking powdery or risk oil shine. What is left, is just a healthy luminous complexion that don't let you look made up at all.
You simply will look like you are glowing from inside.
Then continue with your eyeshadow mascara etc whatever you like. But impt is that you don't leave out blusher. A hint of colour and you are good to go. Like a natural glowing beauty.
I put this on after some other preparations of course. Like toner, moisturiser (eye and face), sunblock, concealor for my eyes and blending.
Of course if you like, you can put on some actual coloured foundation. But sparingly! Esp if you want to get that fresh faced look that i get with this 701.
The whole Idea is to see skin, not makeup.
Of course, that is if you like this.
I do that if you have blemishes wrinkles etc, this highlighter liquid will enhance the prominance.
When I bought this at the counter, the SA was a pretty old lady for a SA, around 40s-50s. She had wrinkles.
She was heavily made up foundation and all.
She told me she put this highlighter ALL OVER her face.
She told this to me confidently with a big smile.
The result was terrible. Her wrinkles were so prominent.
But of course I only smiled.
Luckily, I was still interested in the product because I liked the illuminating look of it on my skin.
I actually bought two bottles. I must admit I was too excited at the point of time.
This last me a long time (2 years and I'm still on 1st bottle with half left). and the scent is just divine.
If I ever run out, and there I haven't found a product that can perform better than this, I will surely buy this again.
Btw, I live in SIngapore and the weather is humid and hot most of the time. I usually don't wear foundation in general cz it is just too hot. I'm happy with just loose or pressed powder. But I still like the full works with eyes lips and cheeks. But this is cz I'm lucky to have relatively good skin.
I love exotic loud colours and unusual looking makeup in general.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by wanyilee

again typical of Anna Sui beauty products... package = 100%, smell = 100%, quality = 50%.... a so so product, broke me out a little bit, does not blend well, not very buildable, looks heavy if re-touched.... very thick texture.... if you are looking for a liquid foundation I suggest Laura Mercier's oil free foundation, a lot higher quality for a little bit more $, but it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those traditional liquid makeup products- it is oil-based and you have to shake it up to mix the ingredients. The coverage is amazing though and can be layered without being thick or oily. The finish is matte and flawless. It truly is a multi-purpose product for me as I can use it as both foundation and concealer. I also love the signature infused Anna Sui tearose scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

This product works great on me. I like the dewy and glowy look it gave me. The packaging is very pretty. Haha I'm a sucker for packagings. Sighs. Not to mention it smells so good too. I just think it is a bit too sheer. If you use a concealer with this, you should look flawless. I like how it's very hydrating and light.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 4:38:00 AM More reviews by kristle

My Favorite liquid foundation. I had stocked up at least 5 bottles because i am very afraid that it might just discontinue one day. I am using color 02 and it just blend very well on my skin. Though the coverage is light, but it does cover my uneven skintone and some light acne scarrings. When use, the liquid foundation is in a watery-form and it blend very smoothly and even on my face. it last the whole day though it shine a bit towards the end of the day. It does not create a cakey look. More to a dewy look. And it came with spf. Love the rose scent as well. A must for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sticks to your face yet does NOT cover, does not even out complexion, and lets all your redness and oil through. Its also quite expensive (more than big dept store brands like Lancome and Estee or MAC) and is extremely difficult to find in the US. What else would you NOT want from a foundation? Whatever it is, you will find those negative qualities in this foundation. She might as well bottle colored poop and sell it, it would be as effective.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by whataworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful bottle for the boudoir. I have this in Shade 0 pearl. Too thin and streaky, sticks more to my finger than my face. I've used better highlighters. As a mix-in to other foundations, I flatter myself that it helps and I didn't just waste half a bottle playing mad scientist. I like the smell, victorian rose, very proper.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2006 3:54:00 AM More reviews by cyberwow

I love the scent, a nice rosy smell that stays on my face for about an hour. The foundation has some brightening pigments that makes your face look really light. It'll look wonderful as a foundation base. I thought the coverage would be very poor but surprisingly it concealed my pores. It doesn't last very long and doesn't control oil, so by the end of the day, my blotting paper was soaked. Still, it would be great as a brightening base.