September 30, 2014 | 1738 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Estee Lauder - DayWear Plus Eye Creme SPF15

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2005 2:39:00 PM More reviews by CWHF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gone through 3 tubes of this and I really like it. It is moistuizing but not too much so that makeup can be applied shortly after putting it on. The SPF is a plus and I think I did see some fading of light undereye circles with this product. A little goes a long way. It is not greasy either which is a plus for me. The packaging is well designed--it's in a tube with a tapered tip, so you can easily dispense it and not worry about contaminating the remainder. 1 tube lasts me with morning and evening use 3 months+.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2005 4:02:00 PM More reviews by shimmering

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the fact that this eye cream has an spf. Although, I am finding spf in eye creams a little more often now, it is still hard to find. I like Estee Lauder's eye creams they are really smooth and don't make your eye makeup crease.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2005 5:39:00 PM More reviews by zhejia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought it as a package with daywear plus cream and idealist. Not bad product as it has SPF in it. I use it in summer days. No improvement on dark circle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 12:57:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

This is a great product. Contains SPF of 15, providing great protection. It is quite rich, probably best for use in the winter time. It claims protection from anti-oxidants as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2005 8:01:00 PM More reviews by blushin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I love daywear cream 15 for combo skin, and normally just pat it over my eye cream to get the SPF. I really slather that stuff on, to get the full protection. But, I love matching things and had to try the eye cream, This is very dry, the mattifing ingredients interfer with concealer application. I considered using it on weekends only when I don't wear makeup, but then I would really rather being using a retinol eye treatment instead while I am indoors and use my regular dermadoctor 30 when I do stuff outside (again, patted on top). I finally just tossed it out. Since it came in the winter kit with full-size products - what could I do? I just did not want to be tempted to have another bad eye day. BTW- this stuff stings if it get's in your eyes, which I don't have a problem with the EL daywear gel-cream or the DD sunscreen. Too complicated. Save your money, get a good eye cream (or two, one for moisture & slip during the day, one treatment for night) and use your regular sunscreen over the top. For big outdoor days, buy one of those tube SPF 50 waxy sunscreens from shiseido for your pocket, the kind you can use on eyes or lips, when you are not concerned with looking greasy or makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2004 3:22:00 PM More reviews by chaytx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Estee Lauder changes the ingredients? I bought mine earlier this year and the only active ingredient is Octinoxate (7%), so this doesn't have full UVA protection! Bad! It also stings my eyes. UPDATE: Thanks KristyEv for your info :). Mine is an American version.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2004 11:13:00 PM More reviews by KristyEv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if I have a different version of this to the last few reviewers, but mine lists octyl methoxycinnamate and titanium dioxide as active ingredients, so therefore does protect from both UVA and UVB rays. I love this eye cream - it's has a nice light texture and is easily absorbed (and importantly, does not cause milia for me!). Update: I've double checked the active ingredients listed on the tube, and it definitely lists those ones above, so mine definitely does offer full protection. I bought it in Australia, so the only thing I can suggest is that there are different ingredients used in different countries in this case?? UPDATE AUGUST 06: I've stopped using this cream after a few years because I'm developing fine lines around my eyes and feel like I need something more moisturising. Also, this cream seems to now have left me with dry patches around my eyes (this has happened with other eye creams I've used too). Oh well, I guess I'll have to try the expensive La Prairie SPF 15 eye cream now!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2004 11:47:00 AM More reviews by tiarazeta

After using this for about a year I bought a book that showed me what to look for in face care. Buying ďDonít go to the cosmetics counter without meĒ was the best thing I ever did. I taught me what to look for and avoid on the ingredient list for skincare. I was then able to realize why certain products were good for my skin and why other things should be avoided like a plague. I realized that 6 different sunscreens I owned didnít even have UVA protection which means every time I used it in good faith, My skin was being aged by the sun because UVA damage doesnít show up until years later. I was on a rampage in my bathroom closet to get rid of everything that wasnít good for me and find what few products I owned that were actually good for my skin. I realized that my prized Estee Lauder Daywear eye cream with SPF 15 was actually worse to use on my skin than my regular face moisturizer/sunscreen. I was trying to be proactive about anti-aging, but I was actually promoting aging for my eye area. I realized that this was a sham! ANY product that says it is helps prevent aging and doesnít have a UVA/UVB protection in the active ingredients is worthless because protecting from UVA/UVB rays is the only proven means of preventing some of the effects of aging. There are a lot of products that protect from UVB rays, but currently there are only 3 products in the USA that protect skin from UVA rays. I threw this out along with 2 grocery bags full of other skin care that was useless. Check that book out, even if you just check it out at the library. The information in the front of the book is priceless and the rest of it is real, honest reviews of skincare and make up. I now use my face moisturizer/broad spectrum sunscreen (UVA AND UVB) on my eye area. Most eye creams are just overpriced versions of face creams with even MORE harsh chemicals (i.e. caffeine). Donít believe the stories department store employees tell you. Theres nothing to back up their claims that you need an eye cream. Check it out. NOTHING! Doctor so-and-so might say he came up with a miracle cream but if that were true, in six months the company wouldnít come up with a new miracle cream. Plus the FDA has no way to regulate these claims at this time so companies take the liberty to tell you whatever they want with no one to be accountable to. And YES many companies do lie and many women want to be lied to so they can have something to believe in. Please donít be fooled like I was. Prevent as much damage as possible from this point forward. Buy a great face product (doesnít have to be expensive) that will protect from UVA/UVB rays and use it all over your face including your eye area and when your friends look much older than you in 10 years, just smile and know that you took the educated approach to skin care.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2004 11:50:00 AM More reviews by bebe66

I'm quite miffed at Lauder about this product. The other new 'DayWear Plus' products actually contain avobenzone for full-spectrum sun protection, and the eye cream claims to be UVA/UVB protection as well, but this is a lie! The only active sunscreen ingredient is octinoxate, which is not a true full-spectrum blocker/screen. Aside from this misleading aspect, the product has a nice texture and is packed with antioxidants, along with a bazillion other unidentifiable ingredients. At least it doesn't have fragrance! However, if it gets in your eyes it will sting, but perhaps it would be true with any sunscreen-containing cream. I also didn't like the shiny look it initially left under my eye.

This product has some quality ingredients, a nice texture, and a nice tube package, but I'm taking it back b/c it's not a UVA blocker and it stings!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 7:40:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

I had been looking for a day time eye cream which contains SPF of least 15. The Daywear line is said to contain a decent amount of antioxidents, so I decided to give this a try. I am very pleased with the texture- it absorbs pretty quickly and doesn't make my undereye concealer cake up. Also, it is really creamy but at the same time matte. This is fantastic!