April 18, 2014 | 1879 users online

Palettes - Christian Dior - Dior Sparkling

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2006 9:03:00 PM More reviews by livtylerjadian

I don't get why CD keeps coming out with FAB and CUTE packaging..even if teh colours aint right but you will not be able to keep yourself from getting this. I was actually looking for greenish/yellowish shaded eyeshadows as i kept myself to earthy tones. But My mom got me this lip palette instead on her recent trip to visit me. I dont usually wear lipstick but i Love gloss. So i really barely use this. Probably i put just a hint of the colour on my lips and use gloss on top of it. the colours stay on your lips even after gloss is gone. The whole point is to get shades that suit your skin tone. I realise that i cant use all the colours. I got this together with the pretty DIOR eye shadow palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2004 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Kirsten12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I honestly only bought this because the packaging is just so freaking cute. The $42 price is a lot, but it was impulsive. I have the beige colors and it seems like a pretty universally flattering shade. The metal case is heavy but the crystals and key fob are irresistable lol. Don't know what to do with it when the lipstick is gone. Any ideas?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2004 1:27:00 AM More reviews by snowbb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, like the previous reviewer I bought it because the packaging was SWEET!! And of course it is LE. I love the look of it, very nicely made and good gem details. Oh... it's pretty heavy too. Well, I bought both the Happy Few and Show-Off. I kept Show-Off for myself and gave Happy Few to a friend as a present. I thought the lighter pink in Happy Few is probably transparent. Anyhow, all I can say is, the color is not SHEER like the salesgirl claimed and it's not a lipgloss! It is a matte lipstick/lipstain. Both shades are a bit bright on me if used alone, but I find that if I put on a thin layer and top it off with clear lipgloss-- it looks pretty decent! The lipbrush is nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2004 5:58:00 PM More reviews by triangleX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i saw this at nordstrom's and thought it was the most beautiful lip gloss palette ever. it looks very expensive and glamerous and i loved the gemstones used to spell DIOR. unfortunately the SA didn't have a sample available to try so i had no idea what the colors would look like against my skin. stupid me i bought it anyway b/c i couldn't resist that fancy and overtly garrish palette. i picked show-off, which looks like scary bright maganeta and bright orange in the palette but the SA assured me they were absolutely sheer. they are not!! i looked like a clown, and i really don't see how anyone could look nice in those colors. i gave this a 3 b/c the gloss is wonderful in every other way (just not color) and the compact is stunning.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2003 9:58:00 PM More reviews by pinky1030

I saw this in a bunch of magazines and catalogs and just had to get it because the compact was so pretty. I didn't like the lipcolor choices so I thought I'd just refill it with other lipsticks after I was done, but they are pretty usable...I have it in Happy Few, the dark and light pink. I love how the compact looks really expensive but the price is pretty cheap for something like this from Dior. another great thing is that the lip brush is really thick, so it doesn't take forever applying like other compacts with mini brushes. the gloss compartments are also designed for the brush to fit perfectly, so you glide it into the lipstick and there's no mess. I grabbed it fast because it was LE, but Happy Few was selling out in a lot of stores. this is really the cutest compact ever, and that's coming from someone who owns a bunch of other Chanel and Dior LE compacts...this one is just so luxurious. i love it.