August 23, 2014 | 1758 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Rusk - Ceramic Str8 iron 1 inch -model IRE2562- 2003

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This was my first flat iron that i ever got and i loved it. It made my hair straight and it curled my hair really well. It did wonders for me for 2 years. The only bad thing is that it broke after 2 years. So i wouldnt get this again only because it breaks. But overall, it's a great flat iron.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by spootoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My stylist has one of these, and since I usually leave the salon looking great, I went ahead and purchased one from him. What a mistake! I didn't use it for a while after I purchased it since I had a Solia that was doing a great job, and by the time I broke the Solia and started using the Rusk it was too late to return it.

This iron is terrible! No matter what heat setting I tried, my hair would either come out straightened at weird angles, or not straight at all. Then if I got it right, my hair would start to rise up and rebel after an hour or two. At first I blamed it on the Deep South hot humid summer, but I just received my replacement Solia and I don't have that problem. So it is definitely the iron.

I told my stylist how much I dislike the Rusk iron, and he says he doesn't understand since it works so well for him on himself and his other clients. Perhaps it is just me. But for the price there are irons out there that aren't as much of a gamble, and I would definitely recommend spending your money on something else first.

FYI: My hair is coarse and semi-wavy, cut in a textured, chin-length bob.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure where the bad reviews are stemming from. This flat iron is great...there is no need to pass over the strands multiple times...and it leaves the sleek and shiny. Be sure you buy your irons from reputable places, there are lot of fake chi etc..out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by bossfan

My first Rusk iron lasted a year then it just quit heating up. Went ahead and bought another one. The same thing happened with this one only it happened in just 3 months. The results were only fair with this iron. It took several times over each section of hair and then never really got it straight. Left my hair more wavy. Hair does have a tendency to snag on the sides of the iron. This was my first brand with expensive irons and really had nothing to compare it to. I now know there are much better irons in this price range,

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Sweet_treat816

wow. this is worse than my $30 iron. Makes my hair so staticy and makes my bangs look like crap...returning it TODAY

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

From reading the other reviews, I wonder if I didn't get a bad one, but this only straightens my hair after about 6 passes and leaves it feeling and looking very coarse. It snags my hair frequently, and the plates don't meet at the bottom, only at the top corner on one side, so this is going back. I wish I could spring for a GHD, but I think I'll swap this for a CHI since they were of similar price where I got mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by amg2007

I love my Rusk! I have naturally fine, straight hair, but could never get the same results as my hair stylist as I can be veeerry hair challenged! It was never quite as smooth, or had weird angles, etc. Now I don't have to worry about kinks and could make it all beautiful in about 10 minutes - even with my idiocy!

I also like the adjustable temp - and I find that I can leave it lower than recommended.

I agree that they are terribly expensive. I searched all over and ended up buying a brand new one off ebay - the only way I could have afforded it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use a flat iron that often, due to the damage flat irons can cause. I do,however, have this iron for those rare times I want bone straight, flat ironed hair. I actually loaned my iron to my stepdaughter and she failed to return it- she liked it so much better than the iron she has.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 1:15:00 AM More reviews by yazzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG...I love, love, love this flat iron. I have curly, frizzy damaged died blonde hair and plenty of it and this flat iron made my hair super straight like an asian persons hair. I am in awe. I hope that it doesn't ever get messed up because that I would have to buy another and it's pretty pricey ( $167.00). I read a review on this iron and supposedly this model over heats and dies fast. Hopefully mine is okay because I can't imagine doing my hair with anything else. Also the str8 products that go with this iron are terriffic as well. AAAAAAAAA++++++++++! It takes my breath away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 2:09:00 AM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wonder iron! I use this for special occasions since I have straight hair. It is a very small, so it's not too heavy using it to straighten your hair. It has a temperature control, unlike the Chi, so this is way better than the hi. I worked in a salon, and I had DOZENS of people that complained about the Chi being too hot, and burning off their hair! The Chi is meant for thick-course hair, so the Rusk works well with ALL hair types. Love this, and I hope I don't have to buy it again!