July 28, 2014 | 952 users online

Shampoo - ABBA - MoistureScentsation Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

I've used this along with the MoistureScentsation Conditioner for the past 3 years. I really do love the mintiness of these two products and the way that it cleans my hair so well. It's the only hair product that doesn't seem to aggravate my acne as well. That said, this is not exactly a moisturising shampoo: the ends of my hair are constantly dry and my hair is always frizzy and dull. If it weren't for the fact that it doesn't worsen my pimples and it smelled so nice, I think that I wouldn't have used it for so long.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Me: Lots of fine, highlighted, fragile damaged blonde hair.

I did have a sensation with this shampoo, but moisture was not one of them.

Reason for use: I wanted to find a natural shampoo that wasn't loaded with chemicals for a change. My hair was in silicone/protein overload for a while.

The first 2-3 weeks of use:
At first, this shampoo was a dream come for my hair. It seriously looked like I had baby hair - and my color!! I can honestly say my highlights never looked better! It preserved my blonde better than Clairol Shimmer Lights, Framesi violet shampoo, Artec Violet, etc. My luck is usually that I find a shampoo that works really well but my color looks crappy or I find a color shampoo that works brilliantly but my hair looks like a bail of hay... c'est la vie...

The decline:
HOWEVER - I couldn't run my hands through my hair without serious tangling at the bottom, and it was looking quite brittle. I also noticed some heavy duty breakage along my hairline too (think mohawk) that not even years of highlighting could compete with. However, it still "looked" pretty good and was swingy and the color was fabulous. My thoughts? Bring on the heavy conditioners......

I've tried the shampoo with every single conditioner humanly possible: Biolage Ultra Conditoning Balm, Matrix Sleek Look, Nexxus Humectress and Keraphix, L'Oreal Color Vive, Nou Nou, Shimmer Lights conditioner, Feria treatment, olive oil, Kerastase, you name it. I really wanted to find a compatible conditioner that would be heavy enough to counter the drying effect I was getting on my ends. You know its bad when even the heaviest of conditioners and treatments/masks can't even make your hair soft.

The defeat:

And so I surrender and retire this bottle to my "hair care graveyard"....I've officially cut my losses and decided that this shampoo is just not for me. It's a shame too because we started out so nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by sunth

I just bought this last week and I love it! The smell is minty and refreshing and it's a nice alternative of a sulfate-free shampoo instead of Creme of Nature (which I find stinky). I would use this as a winter shampoo b/c I think it may be a bit heavy for my fine but lots of it hair in the summer. It is quite moisturizing, but I would buy again.
EDIT: 11/19/08 I'm still liking this shampoo & use it in my regular rotation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by rocknrollangel78

This shampoo has great minty scent which I like. It is also sulfate free which was nice when I had special effects hair color in my hair. My main complaint about this shampoo is the fact that you really have to use a lot of product to get this stuff to lather up which is a result of it being sulfate free. Unfortunately I have really thick hair which in turn caused my hair to get really greasy from the lack of sulfates. No matter what , my hair would always feel heavy and greasy after using this shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by pezbot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked the smell and the fact that it is SLS free but it felt so slimy in my hair and was very hard to rinse out. I'd rather do a Conditioner Only wash with White Rain which felt way less slimy and is gentler.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 1:32:00 AM More reviews by princessami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just bought my second bottle of this shampoo. I used to use Pureology Hydrate, but I found it drying on my long, processed hair. This was suggested as another good SLS free shampoo. The smell is a very nice, refreshing mint. Cleans well withought overdrying. My only complaint is that I have to use like four times as much product as Pureology b/c of how much water ABBA uses in the formula - that screams cheap to me, so knocking off one lippie.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by NantanYah

Loved the minty feeling, hated the dry hair after... and the conditioner wasn't great either. I'm done with Abba, their products are nicely packaged and vegan but they do nothing for my hair:(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2007 11:21:00 AM More reviews by BJHS

I actually really like this. It smells very minty. I have really thick hair. I guess it's considered dry, too. This makes my hair a lot calmer. I have tons of fly aways, but this has helped control them. Only thing is it makes my hair seems heavier. I think I might need a clarifying shampoo once a week or something.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 9:52:00 PM More reviews by pook555

Wow, not bad! I'm a shampoo/conditioner junkie and snob, and after my recent move, I had no desire to go hunting through boxes to find my poos over a period of a few days (and find something for impatient hubby too as our travel sizes were running low). So as we were wandering though Long's drugs, I spotted the Abba MoistureScentsation Shampoo and conditioner together as a deal on sale for something like $11-$12 and figured it would be a good shampoo for me and Mr. Pook555 as it is natural and what I would consider close to salon quality. It really was nice and smelled great (unisex great too). It left my double processed hair nice and soft (with the conditioner) and I was very pleased with it overall, especially at the price! While I've since found my more expensive poos, this is something that does beat some of them and I would repurcase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 8:17:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

This is a great shampoo - it leaves my hair feeling clean but yet soft and not stripped of moisture or color. I like the tingly, cooling sensation it gives my scalp, and it smells great - sweet and minty. Vegan too so that's a plus!