Nivea Cream Face Wash for Dry - Sensitive Skin

3.7

on 1/16/2015 2:46:00 AM

Care in Winter

We experience cold weather that can affect the look and feel of the skin on the face in winter. The best face cream for winter must keep away our skin from being hydrated and prevent it from becoming dry and flaky. We should consider our skin type before choosing a facial product for cold weather. Sun protection is not ignorable, even in the winter time, and any face cream should have some ingredients in it which ensure protection against the harmful sunscreen.

There are few types of skin, such as, oily, dry and normal skin. We should think of our skin type in selecting a face cream for winter. Extra care is required for oily or normal skin than dry skin and the cream selected should work well with all of the requirements of the skin. Dry skin is usually affected by drops in temperature before other skin types. So, this kind of skin generally needs a deeply moisturizing face cream for winter to prevent the skin from becoming dry and crumbling.

Glycerine consists of a great ingredient that creates an obstacle on skin and prevent skin from freshening out. In winter, itís absolutely perfect but the skin needs to be hydrated first.
To Know More:
Click on the Link
[link|http:///www.nivea.in/|My Winter Care]

on 11/29/2014 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

it doesn't irritate my skin at all ..leaves it moisturized...does not cleanse the face at all so make sure you remove your makeup before you use it

Nivea Aqua Effect Purifying Face Wash strips the skin off its minimal moisture, leaving it dry and stretchy. It might serve well in summer season when the weather is humid and hot but.. check out more here: Nivea Aqua Effect Purifying Face Wash Review continued >>

on 9/19/2014 11:46:00 AM

Mild and non-drying. Maybe not the most effective face wash ever - do not rely on it to remove make-up if you wear a lot of it - but it gets the job done and does not strip off the skin. Nice and girly scent that is not overpowering. Cute packaging. I agree that it seems to leave some sort of oily film but it does not break out my skin or anything, and my skin is prone to break outs. I might repurchase!

on 1/9/2013 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I usually use this face wash in the morning just to give it a little wake up, as I don't like to use anything to harsh first thing. It is not bad for a cheapy drugstore buy, its creamy, doesn't irritate the skin and is also very moisturising. I wouldn't say it does anything in the way of blemish clearing/prevention but it does not claim to do that on the bottle so I guess I can't comment on that! It also has a very light fragrance that is not too overwhelming, which I like as some face washes can be a little too much. Have already gone out and bought another and would recommend!

on 11/1/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love it!
I always thought I have oily skin hence have been buying OILY/COMBINATION skin products and I still had blemishes. I used to buy expensive facial cleansers and moisturisers too. Fortunately, I have been browsing Nivea and found good reviews for it so I decided to buy.

It is so cheap and for the value it gave me, I got more than what I paid for.

I have not loved any cleanser as much as this. I always have blemishes (whiteheads) which are so embarrassing. This has definitely reduced the occurrence and my pores have been smaller and I don't even need makeup now.

Will definitely stick to this :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

like this. I am a huge nivea fan. I love their stuff. This cleared up many of my little whiteheads and pimples. Used in conjunction with Thayers Rose Water and Witch Hazel Toner, followed by Nivea Soft, my skin is clearing up nicely. But remember this a gentle, mild cleanser not for super oily makeup-covered skin! Take off your makeup first!

on 1/3/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have dry skin especially during the winter so I decided to try this product along with the nivea moisturizer. I used it once and developped little itchy bumps on my forehead so I stopped using it and went back to my old cleanser. I decided to try it out again yesterday and the same thing happened so I don't think a will be using let along buying this product again.

on 11/8/2010 2:34:00 PM

This is a great cleanser. I use the matching toner as well. In the morning its great to refresh the skin. At night I always precleanse with jojoba oil and then rub this all over my face and leave it on like a mask. Then i rinse it off and use the toner. The toner is so gentle without alcohol and has glycerin and castor seed oil. Great for drier weather when skin needs more moisture. I have oily skin and this doesnt leave my skin oily at all! I love and trust nivea. the matching moisturizer is good too and I love the scent. Definately will repurchase

I think that this is a great drugstore buy! Even when I pour it out of the bottle onto my hands, it has a very creamy and rich texture. On the face, it feels just as nice and gives a very clean sensation.

While I agree that it is not the best at make-up removal, if you use a make-up removing oil cleanser beforehand, this works as a great second cleanser to remove any dirt and residue left behind. Makes me feel squeaky clean every time with no tight or dry feeling left behind!

Also, having combination skin which can be prone to breakouts at a certain time of the month (ahem, you know when!) this neither leaves my skin feeling dry and flaky or breaks me out.

Overall, I'm definitely getting this again!