April 16, 2014 | 1110 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Bare Escentuals - Bare Vitamins Skin Rever Upper

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by TaipeiDoll

I had used dozens of this serum before but I changed my mind. i realized that there are many better choices out there because this is actually quite watery and not quite concentrated. I switched to Clinque and Racinne and I think they are much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by MiMiHere

I used to love this until I learned to read ingredient list. This formula contains mostly water! Even though it is a cheap primer, it is actually a very expensive bottle of water!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyqy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went through 20 of these primers in the last 10 years. I used to love this because I thought it kept my zits away and my makeup on. The more I learned about skincare products and skincare ingredients, I learned that this product is really just a marketing gimmick. It is probably 99% water and it doesn't do anything to protect skin. Not worth it. If you want to keep pimples at a minimal, use acne cream instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product did not "wow" me. I'm glad I never bought it, I always received it for free when I bought something from BareMinerals. So why not try it?

It made my face sticky. I dont know if it improved my skin. It made me really oily too! Did not hold my makeup for longer wear. I dont like the smell.

If this really works for you, then great. I didn't find anything fascinating that would make me stop using my other primer and buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by wallflower05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this when I bought a bare minerals make up set about 2 years ago. Since then, I have bought a regular size bottle which I have only made a point of using when my skin is not cooperating. I was just doing some research about Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids and when my skin is flaring up with acne, I will wash my face at night and use my rever upper and when I wake up my skin is much smoother which makes sense considering what those acids are intended to do. I am probably going to add this to my routine and use it every other day to keep my skin under control instead of as a fixer. Either way its a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by suncypress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this stuff for many years, and I really find it essential to my daily routine, though I stopped using BE mineral makeup years ago. Now after cleansing I do this Skin Rev-er Upper, sunscreen, and then my BB cream. In the winter I apply moisturizer on top of the Rev-er Upper, but my skin is somewhat oily, so this isn't necessary in the summer. The Skin Rev-er Upper has salicylic acid and really does a great job of gently exfoliating, and I find it better to use this daily than to do weekly or monthly peels or similar. Maybe this will change as I get older and want or need more dramatic changes, but for now I think this provides the perfect, non-irritating amount of chemical exfoliation every day, and keeps my skin glowing and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am here to show some love for BE barevitamins Skin Rev-er Upper. I live in FL and have to deal with heat and humidity most of the time, and the skin rev-er upper is perfect for my needs. I have worn it over my moisturizer, and under it. In either case, I then apply BE Prime Time foundation primer (original) over that combo before applying my foundation. Have any of you ever used a high coverage foundation (like Estee Lauder Double Wear or Revlon Colorstay), and found that as the day went on, your makeup combo looked better and better as your skin's natural oils mixed with your foundation/powder combo? Well, I have found that by adding this product, it gives me that look from the time I apply my makeup. With the combo I previously mentioned, even on a ridiculously hot/humid day, I don't need to apply powder to my t-zone till around 5PM, to freshen up. It seems to plump my 39 y/o skin and work magic for me (used with Clinique DDML + BE Prime Time fndt primer combo). I don't like the initial smell of it, but it dissipates quickly. And believe me, being sensitive to smells, I would never use it again if it did not go away fast. Over all, I would recommend the skin rev-er upper for hot humid weather, and MAC Strobe Cream (in it's stead) during the dry winter months. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Amberluvsblue07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product was just okay... but itís not a primer nor is it a corrector at best itís a moisturizer at best. Wearing this stiff never made any of my foundations last any longer even when used with bare essentials products. The bottle size is okay for the price however if you donít clean the top of the pump after every use the stuff will dry on it forming this creepy yellow crust.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by tinkeli

This has definitely been a life-changing product for me. It is all my normal skin needs in the morning: I see it as a great serum AND primer. My skin looks and feels great all day. I never get bad breakouts when using this. I have been trying and using many other products under my makeup but notice I always gravitate back to this miracle worker!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by lluvialcorazon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my gosh. This product is a lifesaver and has transformed my skin since i bought it 3 days ago.
I had been having my worst breakouts ever recently...and believe me i have tried almost every type of product for moisture/oily skin/wrinkles/acne.

I use this with my retinoid gel and a little extra moisturizer when i need it (cetaphil's oil control moisturizer) and the combination is amazzzzing its like magic!

i dont know that ive ever had such fast results or dramatic results before....
highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!