October 23, 2014 | 2083 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Stila - Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by nasus12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice sheer light coverage. I mix this with my Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream. The PTR cream is dry so this makes it more moisturizing it and they work nice together. If you have a favorite foundation try mixing this with it, you might be surprised at how well it works. I am 51 and really like this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by milevamaric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a bad one!

Gave me incredibly beautiful and glowing skin for two days, and then I broke out horribly. Really, really badly. I am still suffering.

If your skin is not sensitive, this gives an amazing finish.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by alasindocs

Thank God I bought this in a test size. My beloved Tarte tinted moisturizer has been discountinued and replaced by some BB cream crap. Which I am not amused about at all, because that stuff was holy grail product.

So I was at thine local Sephora and saw a sampler of Stila's tinted moisturizers. Figured I would give it a shot.

I wore it once, and broke out. Thought maybe it was a fluke because I rarely break out.
Wore it again a few weeks later...and by the end of the day had another freaking zit.

Product fail. Plus it's expensive, and if a product is going to break you out, it shouldnt be this pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by ozbeautyxx

Used it once or twice when I couldn't be bothered applying foundation, this was given to me as a gift and overall, I like the consistency and the sparkles that make your skin glow, but I found that it was a bit greasy and too yellow-based, making my skin look orange.
If you have a darker skin tone, go for it as it is a good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by madamemaquillage

I have dry skin, and I'm approaching 40. I have always used powder foundation, which I now know is a big mistake if you have dry, mature-ish skin. I hate foundations that feel thick or cakey, so this stuff is pretty much perfect for me. It goes on so easily, doesn't feel thick or cakey, and adds a touch of illumination. Doesn't accentuate my wrinkles at all, and doesn't feel heavy. Not a ton of coverage, but I'm willing to sacrifice coverage for a more natural look. Great, easy stuff -- perfect for someone who's not a fan of elaborate make-up rituals. I put it on with my fingers.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by downton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Stila tinted moisturizer is a nice consistency. Wanted to like it but couldnt find a good color. Purchased Tone and it was too yellow based. (have fair-light skin tone) Also the illuminator effect looked rather fake-like theater makeup. My skin is dry so maybe that is why finish appeared a bit strange. Possible that normal/slightly oily skin would be more compatible to this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It also breaks me out something awful. So, since it's so pretty on, I wear it for special occasions when it's worth it to me to battle the resulting zits on my chin. It feels heavy after you apply it, but gives the skin a unique, dewy glow. I wear it on its own or under foundation. This product prompts people to tell me what beautiful skin I have. I agree with them--it DOES make my skin look great. Sigh. It's a shame I have such a love/hate relationship with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by kathyagnew

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Only 2 days in, but dare I say HG?! At first I feared this would just be too illuminating. But a dusting of Makeup Forever HD powder & my skin looks like I've given up hope on! Coverage is light, but just enough for smoothing & evening out tone. My skin looks dewy & fresh & I feel beautiful. I'd say at least 5 years are gone. Happy happy happy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

I bought this a few years ago and was really pleased with it so decided to buy it again. i have found that this breaks me out a little bit as it contains oil. This is best used as a base as it does not provide much coverage but it does highlight the skin and gives a glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Rosiecg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product as it is hands down the best illuminating moisturiser I have used. However, it is a bit oily. If you have oily skin STEER CLEAR!

I also found that the shimmer particles crept into the creases around my eyes. I am 25 so they are tiny, but with this moisturiser it made me look like they were much larger.

I now use this as a weekend moisturiser - a bit of this, tiny bit of powder and I look like I am wearing nothing more than a daily moisturiser.

I do sometimes use this is a primer, but have to stay clear of the eye area. Blergh - cannot believe how much the shimmer particles make me look like I have heaps of wrinkles.

Although I think this is the best illuminating moisturiser on the market, I won't buy it again because of the particles easily sinking in to fine lines and its oily factor - its as if the natural oil in the moisturiser doesn't sink into your face.

If you have super dry skin, I think this would be your dream illuminator.