Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer

3.5

active ingredients: octinoxate 7 avobenzone 3
inactive ingredients: water\aqua, diethylhexyl carbonate, ethylhexyl stearate, diisostearoyl polyglyceryl-3 dimer dilinoleate, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, cyclohexasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, alumina, magnesium sulfate, microcrystalline wax\cera microcristallina, cetyl dimethicone, glycerin, butylenes glycol, hydrogenated castor oil, tin oxide, sorbic acid, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin, benzoic acid, 2-amino-2-methyl-1-propanol, may contain ( /-) mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288)

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This tinted moisturizer offers sheer coverage and an spf of 20. It applies easily to the skin. The illumination comes from peachy colored shimmery bits of mica, which I do not care for. I do not have the right complexion for this type of product- it just does not suit me.

Nice sheer light coverage. I mix this with my Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream. The PTR cream is dry so this makes it more moisturizing it and they work nice together. If you have a favorite foundation try mixing this with it, you might be surprised at how well it works. I am 51 and really like this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a bad one!

Gave me incredibly beautiful and glowing skin for two days, and then I broke out horribly. Really, really badly. I am still suffering.

If your skin is not sensitive, this gives an amazing finish.

Thank God I bought this in a test size. My beloved Tarte tinted moisturizer has been discountinued and replaced by some BB cream crap. Which I am not amused about at all, because that stuff was holy grail product.

So I was at thine local Sephora and saw a sampler of Stila's tinted moisturizers. Figured I would give it a shot.

I wore it once, and broke out. Thought maybe it was a fluke because I rarely break out.
Wore it again a few weeks later...and by the end of the day had another freaking zit.

Product fail. Plus it's expensive, and if a product is going to break you out, it shouldnt be this pricey.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Used it once or twice when I couldn't be bothered applying foundation, this was given to me as a gift and overall, I like the consistency and the sparkles that make your skin glow, but I found that it was a bit greasy and too yellow-based, making my skin look orange.
If you have a darker skin tone, go for it as it is a good product!

I have dry skin, and I'm approaching 40. I have always used powder foundation, which I now know is a big mistake if you have dry, mature-ish skin. I hate foundations that feel thick or cakey, so this stuff is pretty much perfect for me. It goes on so easily, doesn't feel thick or cakey, and adds a touch of illumination. Doesn't accentuate my wrinkles at all, and doesn't feel heavy. Not a ton of coverage, but I'm willing to sacrifice coverage for a more natural look. Great, easy stuff -- perfect for someone who's not a fan of elaborate make-up rituals. I put it on with my fingers.

Stila tinted moisturizer is a nice consistency. Wanted to like it but couldnt find a good color. Purchased Tone and it was too yellow based. (have fair-light skin tone) Also the illuminator effect looked rather fake-like theater makeup. My skin is dry so maybe that is why finish appeared a bit strange. Possible that normal/slightly oily skin would be more compatible to this product.

I love this product. It also breaks me out something awful. So, since it's so pretty on, I wear it for special occasions when it's worth it to me to battle the resulting zits on my chin. It feels heavy after you apply it, but gives the skin a unique, dewy glow. I wear it on its own or under foundation. This product prompts people to tell me what beautiful skin I have. I agree with them--it DOES make my skin look great. Sigh. It's a shame I have such a love/hate relationship with it.

Only 2 days in, but dare I say HG?! At first I feared this would just be too illuminating. But a dusting of Makeup Forever HD powder & my skin looks like I've given up hope on! Coverage is light, but just enough for smoothing & evening out tone. My skin looks dewy & fresh & I feel beautiful. I'd say at least 5 years are gone. Happy happy happy!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this a few years ago and was really pleased with it so decided to buy it again. i have found that this breaks me out a little bit as it contains oil. This is best used as a base as it does not provide much coverage but it does highlight the skin and gives a glow.