Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.5

oxtinoxate 7.49% * oxybenzone 2% * beeswax * castor seed oil * jojoba seed oil * hydrogenated decyl olive esters * grapeseed oil * fragrance (parfum) * carnauba wax * wheat germ oil * sucrose tetrastearate triacetate * blackcurrant seed oil * meadowfoam seed oil * apricol kernel oil * avocado oil * macadamia ternifolia seed oil * safflower seed oil * sunflower seed oil * retinyl palmitate * tocopherol * ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate * citral * benzyl alcohol * benzyl benzoate * geraniol * limonene * linalool * BHT

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this in a Fresh gift set. I LOVE it. Super moisturizing and I love that the tops twists on and off. I will definitely get another when I run out

I'm sorry but why do companies sell $30 lip balms that don't actually moisturize? My blistex lip medex pot is so much better than this. It really doesn't make your lips feel much better, they still feel dry and cracked. BUT i will say that i gave this extra stars simply because of the thickness and the scent of the lip balm, i love the lemon smell and on days when my lips arent having issues, it's alright.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is absolutely amazing! EVERYTHING that goes on your lips either triggers a cold sore or causes an allergy. I'm usually left with only vaseline to try to moisturize. I was given the old liquid version of this and was blown away. This is just as good. It moisturizes my always dry lips, and causes zero reaction! Amazing product, last forever too so the price doesn't bother me at all!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Probably the best tinted lip balm I've ever tried. I rely on tinted lip balms like burt's bees for my everyday makeup look, and this kept my lips super moisturised throughout the day. My packaging is beautiful. The texture of the balm is drier and less oily than a lot of the other ones I have but it's perfect for going out. My only issue is that it's ridiculously overpriced ($33 here) and I'm currently considering if i want to repurchase it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A nice lip balm that moisturizes dry parched lips for hours. You don't have to keep reapplying it every 20 mins or so. I would repurchase it if I have a surplus of cash and want to be wasteful otherwise it's just too pricey to justify buying all the time.

Update: worked well during the warm months but now that it's cooler, this lip balm does not moisturize and makes the lips feel super dry and cracked. Glad I didn't purchase a back up.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is quite expensive for what it is - just lip balm. I bought this when I was desperate to find a fix for my heavily chapped lips after using a lipstick that I turned out to be allergic to. It works well but I feel like I still wasted $30 CDN for the full sized product. It smells nice and feels nice, but I can't justify the price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Again, I've tried the other one that is a transparent one in a white tube. I love this lip balm, but I think it's a little bit less better than the white one. I personally find this one heavy on my lips, since it has SPF, but I think it's very moisturizing and great. You guys should give it a shot!!

A little about me first - my lips have a tendency to be dry and a little flakey so I am always on the hunt for a super moisturising tinted lip balm (I prefer these over lipsticks). When I first discovered Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment SPF15 I was over the moon... a super moisturising tinted lip balm with sunscreen?!?! I got so obsessed that I purchased this in multiple colours - Passion, Berry, Petal, Rose, and Tulip.

At first I had no problems as I applied them infrequently - perhaps a couple of days a week. It would initially be extremely moisturising, but after awhile my lips would start to dry out. I didn't think anything of it, attributed this to my pre-existing lip condition, and thought I just wasn't reapplying the lip balm often enough.

Then recently, I applied (and reapplied) Passion & Berry for 4-5 consecutive days. Not only did my lips start flaking and dry out, but the corners of my lips (at the corners of my mouth) also became red and raw. It took me a trip to the dermatologist and 4 weeks (and moisturizing my lips like a crazy person) to get my lips back to normal.

According to COSDNA, irritants include Retinyl Palmitate, Cera Alba (bees wax), Tocopherol (Vitamin E) and Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba).

Now I'm going to have to give away my stash and hunt for another tinted lip balm with SPF that doesn't irritate the crap out of my lips!

********************************************************************************************************

UV Filters: Avobenzone and Octinoxate.

Others: Cera Alba (Beeswax), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Limnanthes Alba, (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Persea Gratissima, (Avocado) Oil , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vanillin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Propyl Gallate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ci 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Limonene, Citral, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

One of my favorite lip products for years now, Fresh Sugar still works wonders for me. Due to sinus problems I breathe a lot through my mouth, so my lips tend to get pretty dry, and I tend to need a relatively dense lip treatment to feel the effect. This goes on nicely, stays on pretty well, and works for my lips. It does get a little soft, especially in warm weather, so I've learned to be careful when rolling it up. I think the packaging is a bit bulky, and it's of course very expensive, but I haven't found anything that works as well for less money.

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Worth spending $26 for, because it works, has a great packaging and smells the best. Right before splurging on this I bought Baby lips and Yes to Blueberries. They don't feel as smooth or moisturize as good. So yes, I'd be repurchasing.

Popular Lip Treatments