September 16, 2014 | 962 users online

Candles - Yankee Candles - Christmas Eve

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by sillytabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yankee Candles are crap. Cheap, wax based product that smell like a gas station bathroom. They don't burn cleanly and don't last long. You will end up repainting your ceiling if you use them often.

Spend a little more and buy a nice soy based candle like Voluspa. Sure, it costs more but the scents are clean and luxurious.

cheap product and cheap quality

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by alannahmoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

"Traditional holiday scents of a warm hearth, sugared plums, and candied fruits" - i agree with this i get a beautiful scent of plums & sugar, this is the perfect candle for christmas eve, i can't wait to burn it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Christmas Eve is one of my newish finds, and is fast becoming [yet another] one of my favourite Yankee fragrances; it is sweet, cozy and uses seasonal ingredients. So, unlike other varieties in the Yankee 'Festive Range', this does remind me of Christmas. This will be the fragrance that I'll be using in my house between Christmas eve and the new year, to create a pleasant atmosphere for family and friends.

The overtones to the Christmas Eve fragrance are seasonal sweet citrus candied fruits, as well as a light hint of vanilla/powdered sugar plum notes. Does anyone else remember the sugar coated fruit segment-shaped jellies grandparents always had at Christmas? This vividly reminds me of those sweets and plum jam.

The sweet fruits are toned down using a undertone of lightly smoky woods, which mimics a fire on a heath. Sometimes I would swear that I could pick up a subtle breeze of clove [or maybe cinnamon] too, but the spice notes are so faint its hard to pinpoint them down.

As with all Yankee candles, the entirety of the wax is perfumed; I've used some candles where the fragrance burns up before the candle does, but that is not the case here. The fragrance lasts as long as the candle does and is strong enough to travel over the house. I even catch occasional wafts of the perfume whilst the candle is unlit.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Bloodless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a sucker for these Christmas scents, and this one is no exception. Makes my whole flat smell good! Not as strong as Home Sweet Home, but still worth the money, and I'd definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by angels2919

Oh this is such a wonderful scent to use for the Holidays! I always look forward to being able to finally use this scent! My husband even enjoys it when I use it too! Such a fun and festive scent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 2:02:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Upon sniffing the candle, I thought this was overwhelmingly potpourri-ish and fake, so it has sat in the closet unburned for a couple years on our regift shelf. Well, I lit it out of curiousity today, and the nicest light cinnamon berry scent has filled the room! I had no idea this was so nice and subtle upon burning! A new fave!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Jumaana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT......it is just the most delicious smell on earth. Comforting

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2005 9:28:00 PM More reviews by feri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's Sugared Plums, revisited! Except now Sugared Plums is also back. So take your pick of the two, I suppose. To me it's a sweet authentic berry smell, not cloying or fake. It does smell kind of baked-creamy-etc., also. The tart has great throw.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2004 11:50:00 AM More reviews by eenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awhile ago, YC discontinued my favorite scent ever, Sugar Plums. After hitting up the Yankee outlet and buying all the SP I could, I had exhausted all possibilites of finding this scent again. Until! I wandered in the Yankee Candle store one day and happened to ask if they had any just laying around, per chance. The SA said that, no, they did not, but the newly released Christmas Eve was actually a reproduction of Sugar Plums. I was completely overjoyed, and I am now waiting until after the holidays when Christmas Eve will surely end up at the outlet mall, so I can stock up.
This is a warm scent to me. I don't know why I love it so much, but it's just pleasant. It does smell slightly of plums, but it's also sweet and spicy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2004 5:06:00 PM More reviews by flitcraft

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I love the scents and the burning qualities of this candle. But does the packaging have to be so cheesy? Who wants to be an advertisement for the product?? I know that YC is finally coming out with some tasteful jars...about time, I say.