October 24, 2014 | 1674 users online

Treatments (Eye) - BeneFit Cosmetics - Ooh la lift!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cali5991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a decent product. In a nutshell, I'd describe the product to be a tube filled with a pink cream that applies clear with a fluffy-tipped wand. It's an eye cream that draws lights to dark shadows under the eyes. The consistency of the product is good - not too thick, not too thin. It's a non-greasy formula, which is appropriate for the delicate eye area and it absorbs rather quickly, which is perfect for whenever I'm on-the-go.
My routine is to apply my moisturizer, my primer, then I use OOH LA LIFT under my eyes. I apply a small amount of product onto my finger (for hygienic purposes, as this seems to be a concern for a lot of people). It's light-reflecting pigments draws brightness under my eyes, definitely helping to "hide" my dark shadows. Then, I use my concealer and move onto the other steps of my routine.
Don't buy this expecting to perform miracles. The only thing that will instantly and drastically improve the look of dark shadows is a GOOD concealer. This is not a concealer - this is a light-reflecting eye cream, which aids in covering dark shadows.
I will re-purchase the product because I'm a lover of brightening make-up (I love Benefit's Eye Bright and That Gal Primer), so it seems natural for me to re-purchase. I'd definitely recommend if you're looking to spice up your makeup routine or if you're looking for any help you can get to cover those dark undereyes!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by cRod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff does nothing. Invisible after application. A bit moisturizing. Packaging sucks. Applicator does not pull out product stuck at the top of the tube. Will not buy this again. Would not recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by biaomiaomiao

I use it the same way I did with Trish McEvoy's Eye Lift. I found the cheaper Benefit alternative to be slightly better. It doesn't dry as quickly as Trish's eye lift and is way cheaper. I don't think I would use it If not for Trish's triangle of light method though. Just don't think it would make much of a difference if you only put it under your eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

This stuff honestly did nothing for me. It didn't even make a single difference, and I followed the instructions as it said - put three dots under your eyes and pat with finger tips. This is possibly because I have fair skin on my face, so if you are pale, I would definitely tell you to not bother with this as it does nothing!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by jaaanet2

Now I went to Benefit to get my eyebrows done and ended up buying this while there. While waiting for my turn at the brow bar one of the representatives decided to do my makeup a little bit. Now I work down the street from the brow bar so I go there often so she recommended this to me since I work crazy hours at Gap. And when she tried it on my I loved it, it truly helped cover my tired eyes and it was a great re-applier during lunch break. So at first I loved this, I would use it everyday, but after a while I stopped loving it. It kind of like lost effect on me or it just didn't look the same. Instead I bought a concealer from Clinique and seem to like it better. However, I still use it on my lazy no make up days. It does cover up some my my dark circles, but I wouldn't say its a miracle worker either.

I doubt I will repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by mischaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Concealer looks weird on me under my eyes, no matter what the base colour! I have dark purpley circles under my eyes, and this helps to lighten them slightly whilst not looking too fake. It doesn't hide them completely obviously, but it does a good job, far better than any concealer I've ever tried!
Just DON'T RUB IT IN! Pat it on and wait for it to dry. Or, use a concealer brush and gently sweep it across.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by triplfun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Luv Luv Luv this stuff! I normally put it on over makeup, it's actually the last step in my make up routine. I keep one in my purse for afternoon touch ups. IF my eyes really look bad in the morning, I will apply this first, before makeup. I never use concealer because it just doesn't look right to me. This is it and I think it works!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I love this stuff! I think it actually works best as a cheekbone highlight! It looks super natural and the packaging makes it really quick and easy to apply! The packaging can get gunky though. That's the only downside.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

I've been using this for years. I used to use it alone, but now that I am older, I need concealer on top. This thing DOES NOT work well with concealer. I have tried it many ways, blended it, different brushes and methods, etc. I can only use this alone. It definitley brightens up the eye area. Not a miracle worker for under eye bags, but does a quick job of making you more alert and wide-eyed. Dires pretty quickly, and lasts for quire sometime.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product and its my second re-purchase. I use it under my eyes, in the corners over my concealer and it DOES brighten my eye area, soothes and makes them appear less puffy. As an allergy sufferer my eyes sometimes tear and get puffy especially in the morning as I wake up and get ready to apply my make up. I really DO notice a big difference. I didn't expect it to be a "cover up" or under eye concealer- but it does DO what it says it will do. It does not settle into the lines around my eyes, It goes on very smooth and refreshes the eye area. I will re-purchase (AGAIN).