November 24, 2014 | 1823 users online

Powder - Amphigory - Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2007 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Alseides

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying THIS IS MY HG POWDER AND I WILL NEVER USE ANYTHING ELSE. :) Now that that's out of my system, I have been searching for a powder that matches my skin tone for years. I finally stumbled upon Amphigory, and on a whim ordered a pot of this in Translucent. The pot size is hefty and worth every cent, and I was overjoyed that, despite the powder being described as translucent, it is a pale pale pinkish-white that perfectly compliments my skin tone without looking at all chalky. I am extremely, extremely pale and pinkish, so this was absolute heaven for me.

I have also found that this is amazing for settling any other makeup. One layer of this stuff and your foundation, concealer, whatever is NOT coming off. I have fully washed my face and found the stuff smeared a little, but still on my face. I have to use an actual remover (or hand lotion, that works too) for the first time. But this is such a blessing for me - I sometimes have one or two bad breakouts, and because I'm almost as white as a sheet of paper, the deep red color of my blemishes is extremely noticeable. After an hour of wrestling with my concealer, I used to be way too self conscious to leave the house and would cancel plans, knowing any slight brush would unveil my biggest nightmare. I can use this in concentrated amounts on small blemishes to cover them completely, and just one dab of this over my problem areas will keep the concealer set all day, and all night. :)

I must say though, as other reviewers will agree, the powder does go on somewhat thick and I often have to brush my face lightly with a tissue to remove excess. I can't complain, though. I can't live without this stuff. It even enhances an otherwise naked face very nicely, evening out the skin tone. Simply beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by s_o_n_i_a

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have uber PPP skin and this was a great colour match for me. It did apply very thickly like a mineral foundation so I had to be very careful with application. I have pretty good skin these days, touch wood, so I don't need much coverage. I went to alot of trouble to buy this via a buying service as I live in Australia, the shipping cost me twice as much as the product. I bought it with confidence as the website stated in it's ingredients listing that the product didn't contain Zinc Oxide. When I recieved the powder Zinc Oxide was listed as the fourth [read one of the majority] ingredients. I was furious! I only wore it once as the zinc oxide, as expected, broke me out horrifically. Shakes fist. Screams. Damn you Amphigory and your lying website. Cry.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by speedbumpmeatpuppet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I confess- I was using baby powder to lighten up my Coty Airspun :( But Amphigory's powder is PERFECT. Best part- it DOESN'T LOOK POWDERY! It looks like there's nothing on my skin, in the best way! Also, I have a VERY fuzzy face, and ALL other powders emphasize the peachy fuzz :( Everything except this and hella-expensive Laura Mercier powder (it's yellow like me, and i only use it for speaicl occasions since it's so expensive!)!! I'll DEFINITELY buy this again, AND I plan on buying more products from Amphigory POST-HASTE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2004 5:26:00 PM More reviews by cleery

I am a PPP, and I read that it is best to use a white powder to finish your face. I ordered Amphigory's loose white powder, and I think that it's great. It blends well with my skin and gives me a nice porcelain finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2004 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Mel88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I bought this product in pale, not quite knowing what to expect. and you know what? I loved it. I've since lost my summer "tan" and I have switched to the white shade, which matches my skin perfectly. it blends well using your fingers, and works well both over makeup and alone. I highly suggest these products to anyone looking for a good powder.