Aquage Transforming Paste

4.5

on 2/26/2014 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've never used a paste before, even when I used styling products. But I recently told my stylist 'do whatever you want' and ended up with a choppy, layered bob which I had no idea what to do with!
Thus began my hunt for a beach spray/texturizer/anything to style my hair. Thanks to MUA and Amazon, I decided to try Aquage based on the reviews.
It's scary when you first use it because it really does feel like paste! I hate hair that doesn't feel soft and natural. But this stuff works really well. I squeeze a small amount onto my fingertips and warm it up (very important) then run my fingers through dry hair starting underneath and then just pick pieces all over at random. It doesn't make my hair piecey, just gives the layers a little definition. And the next morning it's pretty much gone, just leaving my hair softer, I think. Very glad I found this!

on 8/23/2013 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Another big thank you to MUA reviewers for this one! I have many styling/finishing products, but this one is by far the easiest to use and gives me the best results. I got the 1.75 oz. size, so it comes in a tube and so is very easy to dispense. I squeeze a tiny amount (to start) in my palm, rub it thoroughly between my hands, and apply to styled hair as a finishing product. Wow! Although this is thick and pasty, it becomes very easy to work with when emulsified. I can get volume, shape, and texture, and flatten places that I've gotten too crazy on with the round brush. I also like that it's somewhat moisturizing, so it's great on dry ends, flyaways, and those annoying short hairs that can poke up and look odd. This paste also has great hold, which is another big plus for me. It's easy to wash out, too. There's a very helpful video on the Aquage website that demonstrates use if you'd like some useful tips. This is a winner, and I will repurchase!

on 3/9/2013 12:08:00 AM

1st I love the pump, 2nd you need just a pea size.....I mix this in my palm with TIGI Cocky also a pea size. Rub my palms together mix together well and work thru damp hair. Holds well, gives lots of volume, and just the right amount of pieceyness. Love the combo can't imagine not having either one.

on 12/24/2012 10:00:00 PM

This is my new favorite styling product, I already feel like I can't live without it. When mixed with my leave-in conditioner, it eliminates any and all frizziness and flyaways and just makes my hair behave. For DAYS, it's unbelievable! One pump is all I need, rub it between my palms (absolutely necessary- this stuff is thick and gluey), add the LIC, and apply the combo to my wet hair. Then proceed with blow drying and heat styling.
I am so glad I tried this. It's basically a holding agent like a gel (but without the stiffness), adds control and makes my style last longer. I have never found anything that makes my hair look this good, and the number of products I've tried would be impossible to count! Coming from a crazy hair-product-junkie, this stuff is HG STATUS.
One downside is that my hair needs to be washed more often when I use this, but I can live with that because it makes my hair look AMAZING. Will definitely repurchase!

on 9/28/2009 4:48:00 PM

Really good stuff! Doesn't take much to go a long way!

on 8/4/2008 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My new stylist used this on me and I liked it, so I bought it. I had been using Pantene texture & shine pomade, but I wasn't in love with it. I have a pixie cut and my hair is fine, thick, wavy, and somewhat dry. This paste doesn't weigh my hair down or make it crunchy or sticky. I can use it on damp or dry hair and only need the size of a pea. It's pretty easy to remold my style after using it, too. The smell is pleasant to me. If I need a bit more shine when my hair dries or later in the day, I add a bit of TBS beeswax styling wax. Transforming paste is $20 but I think the tube is pretty large (3.5 oz., if I recall correctly) and since I only need a tiny bit, it ought to last quite awhile. I've been using my tube for about 2 months and haven't even used up half. I like the dispenser and the cap, which makes it easy to travel with this. My salon sells it but I know it's hard to find - you can get it on Amazon though. I'll definitely repurchase this unless I find something just as good but cheaper. 5 lippies.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the one hair product I compare all others to. I haven't found a single substitute for it. This matte paste is great for my fine hair. It neither weighs it down, nor makes it look oily. It's quick to apply, and my hair is still touchable when I'm done. I just use one pump, spread it evenly on my hands, and just scrunch it into my hair. I just wish I could find it more places.

I love the Aquage paste. My hair stylist recommended it to me during a visit. I tried it on my short, fine, and curly hair and it worked wonders. It helps to define my curls withough weighing my fine hair down. I just style my hair after rubbing a tiny drop of this stuff between my palms. Afterwards, I always use Paul Mitchell hairspray to make sure my look stays in place. I love this stuff.

on 8/21/2007 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have a short bob, very fine hair with blonde heavy highlights. After shampoo and conditioner I towel dry my hair and then put about 1/8 to 1/4 inch of this product in my hand and rub my hands together. I then bend over and rub this all over my hair from root to tip. Then , Wash my hands because , Yes , this is a very sticky product, but when applied to wet hair it dissolves and applies easily. Then I blowdry my hair. After my hair is dried it is FULL of volume and feels funnylike a little sticky is the best way I describe it. But then I begin to style my hair. My iron makes great glossy , piecy curls that stay. When done I spray my hair with a fine mist glossy spray by Tigi and then spray hair with Chic Shine hairsprayalso by Tigi. My hair looks stylish, shiny and great mainly because of the Aquage paste. and of course a great haircut is very impt. It really adds tremendous texture, wonderful volume. Do not be afraid of this product. Your hair will bend in any direction you want when you style it and it will last for many hours. Very nice!!

on 7/11/2006 3:57:00 PM

my hairstylist recommended this because I have very thick hair and she said my layers are "almost invisible" and this lends me some separation. I like the scent of it and it is easy to apply, but it's hard for me to see what it does from a distance (when you're trying to see the back of your head with a makeup compact in your bathroom, it's kind of hard to see. lol). I guess it's one of those products that's for perfecting the details in your look. I guess I'm just unable to see my hair closely enough to observe the change. I'll keep using it since my hairstylist seems to swear by it and she has a bird's eye view of my hair. lol

Top Rated Aquage Products