April 21, 2014 | 933 users online

Shampoo - Pureology - Pure Volume

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just got a bottle of this shampoo and I've never used the old formula so I can't compare the two. Maybe its just me, but this barely lathered at all. It felt creamy. The scent reminded me of Yonka skincare products, its kind of strong. I don't think I would purchase again. I prefer Joico KPak.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by lenlen9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmmm, not sure if they changed the formula because my new (ish) bottle of this shampoo now leaves my hair flat and tangled and I haven't done anything different nor introduced a different product. I've been using this for a year prior to the bad experience and it has always given my hair volume, bounce, body and shine. Now, I can't seem to get the same results I once did. I'll give it more time and finish up this bottle and then I'll re-assess the situation. For now I'll give it 3 lippies. It was a 5 lippie product before. This shampoo is also on the pricy side so if nothing changes I will have to switch it up and try the other shampoos in the Pureology line.

EDIT: Got a new bottle of this shampoo (no I didn't finish the older bottle) because I was told it was back to the old formula. What a HUGE improvement! My hair is back to being bouncy, voluminous with lots an lots of movement. Yay! Back to being 5 lippies! One good reason for Pureology to follow the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" advice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very good shampoo, absolutely love it. It has no sulfates and leaves my hair smooth and "big". I was told to look for zerosulfates instead of sulfate free, as "sulfate free" may still contain different sulfates.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

They changed the formula - it is now drying and makes my hair a knotted, tangled and dry mess. I hate the new formula and will never buy it again. I had LOVED it for years and years. The old formula with the "moisturizing conditioner" was the perfect combo for my fine and slightly oily hair. I see I'm not the only person here upset by the new formula and feeling it is too drying and tangling - maybe they'll change it back. Until then avoid this product. Pureology please change it back!!!.

UPDATE 11/24/2013: I AM TOLD THEY ARE GOING BACK TO THE OLD, ORIGINAL FORMULA ANY DAY NOW.

**Update 12/21/13 -- they're back to the old, original wonderful formula. In fact I think they improved it. Once again this is a great product!!**

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by tab1967

This new formula is horrible. It tangled my hair so terribly like no other shampoo I have used & I couldn't even get a comb through my hair and I used conditioner. I was so disappointed I emailed Pureology to let them know. I used the old formula for years and loved it. It was my favorite shampoo, I'm really hoping they bring it back , it was non-drying and gave my hair a lot of body.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Camille1944

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While I am on a fixed income, this shampoo is this the best I have tried. My hair is old hair and colored and this shampoo gives my hair volume and also I don't have the dry brittle look of older hair that is colored. The Pureology products are pricy but worth it as they give my hair a more youthful appearance and brought back a slight wave to my hair..

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by MichelleG7183

NEW FORMULA REVIEW:
I was an avid Pureology user. I have fine, color treated hair with dry ends. This new formulation is so disgusting. As like the other reviews for the new formula, it too made my hair dry, straw-like and tangled. It does make you need to use more conditioner and even that doesn't help. I used to use the Volume shampoo and the hydrate light for my fine, flat, bone straight, highly sensitive to products with any moisture hair, but this new formula is highly drying. Very disappointed and now I have to find a new volume shampoo. BOOO

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This must have been reformulated...and being a huge fan of the line, I am disappointed that my last experience with this product was less than satisfactory. It actually turned my hair into a tangled mess each time I used it, and I'd have to use extra conditioner to get it back to normal. Yuck.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Jaylakent

I have used Pureology off/on over the years, but I'm not sure what happened!?!?!?!?! The bottle has changed, so I'm guessing they changed their formula? It seems the price went up and the formula went down. The shampoo/conditioner combo used to make my hair very soft/silky (I have highlights/low lights and fine hair oily roots & dry ends ) now it just makes my hair a pile of straw - it's like trying to comb through matted hay :( They also changed the smell - it used to smell fresh and clean -- now it just smells blech! I'm very disappointed in the amount of money I spent for the performance of this product. I will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ClassyChic01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the NEW formula only. I love the Pureology line and used to use the Volume shampoo with the Hydrate conditioner and it was the perfect combination for my fine, long highlighted/color treated tresses, which tend to get oily at the roots but dry and easily tangled from mid to ends. While the previous formula provided the perfect combination of gentle cleansing and volume, the new formula feels much more stripping. Due to my highlights and fine texture of my hair, it tangles easily in the shower and the new formula of this shampoo left my hair a tangled mess while lathering. It was more clarifying than the Redken Cleansing Cream shampoo that I alternate with my regular moisturizing sulfate free shampoo. I know this product is marketed for color-treated hair and is sulfate free, but I can't imagine it is well suited for colored hair when it feels like I'm washing my hair with Prell. The smell is also a bit musky, like sandlewood, which I don't really mind, but I can see how some would compare it to that "old man's after shave" smell. I won't be purchasing this shampoo again, and will be a bit richer for it.