Kevyn Aucoin Book- A Beautiful Life

4.8

on 2/19/2007 1:20:00 PM

A great coffee table book for art lovers. Aucoin was truly an artist, a sadly missed, unique talent. The book is full of quality, colorful pictures and the interesting story of Aucoin's life. I got it for a girlfriend on sale at Barnes & Noble and enjoyed looking thru it over and over again, before I gave it away (my friend loved it too).

on 4/3/2006 6:53:00 PM

First let me say that if you are looking for a "how to" make-up book - this is not the book you want. However, if you are a Kevyn Aucoin fan, this is a must have. Obviously, this book was written as a tribute, after Kevyn's passing. In this book, you get an even better understanding of exactly who Kevyn was, where he came from and the difference he made in so may people's lives. The pictures are beautiful, and reading about Kevyn's life is fascinating. I adore this book, but it's a sad reminder that Kevyn is no longer with us.

on 2/9/2006 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Cutiepatootie said it all. I picked this book up at a salvage warehouse at an absurdly low price. It is a quick read -- do not expect it to be very controversial or to talk about the "dark" parts of Kevyn's story that are not in the distant past. This is a eulogy. The photos are glorious, and while there are pages of tips at the end, this is by no means a makeup how-to book.

on 5/23/2005 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my 3rd Kevyn Aucoin book and it is a great book. I would like to say that if you are looking for a book for more ideas/tips/instruction for applying makeup, this is not the book. I would suggest the Making Faces book and Face Forward for those things. This book is more of a personal life history and contains quotes from different celebrities and family members of Kevyn. There are still beautiful pictures, as in the other books. It also has a pretty red shiny cover that looks nice on the bookshelf or coffee table.

on 7/11/2004 1:14:00 PM

This is a beautiful book cover to cover. Once I began reading I couldn't stop. The story of this talented man, this amazing person was fun and touching with great photographs. It is a book I will always treasure.

on 11/26/2003 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Authored by Kerry Diamond with input from countless others. This touching and poignant book helped me understand Kevyn, the man and humanitarian, as well as Kevyn, the makeup artist / genius. Contains many quality photographs of his childhood, teen years, early career, and later. Talks about his drawing, artwork and talent behind the camera as well. There's a section in the back of the book with techniques and how-tos. Lovingly written and beautifully produced, it's a must-read for anyone interested in makeup, and for all interested in The Man.