December 28, 2014 | 1246 users online

Lotions/ Creams - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Luxe Body Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by fashionfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because my the skin on my body was extremely dehydrated and uneven looking. This product was beyond disappointing. The sent is very heavy and the texture is not very pleasant. I quite literally did not find this product to provide any moisture to my dry skin. It is insanely priced for a tiny amount; i.e., it would probably only last you for about two months. As with most La Prairie products, I found it to be useless and totally ineffective. I ended up returning the product and was rather angry at the sales associate who suggested I try this. I don't have money to burn on products such as this and recommend you stay away from anything in the Caviar line if you have a true dry or sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by skinfanatic007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am at the age where I will try anything and I decided to try this really expensive cream (over $500!! - I went without a lot to do this ). I found it burned slightly and the moisturizing effect did not seem any different than my old $40 cream (which didn't burn). I certainly don't look any younger. I would not buy it again, very disappointed.

I am happy to say that I have just discovered another company who has the same type of cream (caviar) but it's less than 25% of the price of the la Prairie. I have tried it for only a few days so far. Feels great, no burning, really nice box. I will report later on how it is doing with results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by kotsiros

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My HG high end body cream is La Mer body cream.Last week i went to buy it but since they were out of stock the SA recommended me this one.It's more expensive and half the size of La Mer but when i tried it on my hand i said ok.
The texture is rich but light at the same time,it's not extremely thick, it's very similar to La Mer.It is highly fragranced but i don't really mind that.
On to the benefits,this cream puts some serious moisture back in my skin, i'm not saying this lightly,it almost compares to La Mer, which for me is quite frankly, THE BEST!
It ticks a 5 in all boxes,but since i have La Mer for double the size, less price and HG status, i don't think i will re purchase, unless they are out of stock again.
Also, for any La Mer body cream fan,Estee Lauder's Re Nutriv body cream is a complete dupe,ingredient wise is 75% the same,same size jar, and less expensive.If you can't afford La Mer and don't have extremely dry skin i think you will like it a lot, it is quite good but not as moisturizing as La Mer.

La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Body Cream.
Ingredients:

Aqua, Glycolic Acid, Cyclomethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Didecene, Algae Extract, PEG-100 Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Malt Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Lactobacillus Ferment, Algae, Polyglucoronic Acid, Hydrolysed Wheat Protein, Hydrolysed Ulva Lactuca Extract, Glycine, Arginine, Methionine, Proline, Lysine, Caviar Extract, Butylene Glycol, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycoproteins*, Panax Ginseng Root Extract*, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract*, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Sodium PCA, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Echinacea Angustifolia Leaf Extract, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Steareth-2, Glyceryl Stearate, Laureth-7, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Sodium Hydroxide, Petrolatum, Polyacrylamide, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylene Glycol, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Caramel, Phospholipids, Parfum (Fragrance), Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No. 5 (CI 19140).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by StellaCH

The BEST body cream I have ever tried. It gives my skin moisture and glow. I travel often to Europe.. about 20 hour flight from Australia and use it every time before I board.. My skin does not feel dry on the plane.I also love using it when I am wearing shorts or short dresses cos it makes my skin look at it's best. It stings a little if you use it after shaving but it does not leave any red spots! I will always be using this!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by lesleeann74

Over-priced and way over scented. I couldn't get past how fragranced this stuff is.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by me2

I was hoping I wouldn't like it so much so I don't have to keep buying given the price of the size but I do like it alot and have been using it and not able to stop.

It's such a treat, great scent and very moisturizing. I just wish it's a bit cheaper so everyone can use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by nooriee

The Caviar Luxe Cream is simply amazing! When I was told that my tiny breakouts would disappear I was a bit skeptical....especially at that time of the month...when even the best cream usually falters a bit. But this one acted like a two- in one...its lifted and moisturized my skin as well as the break out and an occasional pimple I had healed...that too all in two days....Sure we all know the price tag is high....but my little sample sachet lasted upto 3 complete uses....I can only imagine how long this would last! I travel extensively.....from humid Singapore to Dry desert of Dubai to Perfect San Francisco....and this one acts stable everywhere! I love the product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 3:48:00 AM More reviews by hothuggie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

YES!! try this on one time as a sample and skin shines with radiance. product easily disapears into skin and leaves a hydrated natural look. product is absolutly the best i have used. i would buy this hands down over the emulsion cream any day. since the price is so expensive and mosterizers the skin so well i would use only a couple of times per week tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by cosmiccow0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful texture, Feels absolutely wonderful going on and does a spectacular job of hydrating... Simply the BEST! worth every penny in my opinion

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by bonita1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must say, it's a little hard to justify the price, but every time I use this I feel like I'm J-Lo. So that's reason enough! Luxe is the word- rich and thick, very emoliant. Delicious and decadent. Such a treat.