April 20, 2014 | 1591 users online

Lip Treatments - Nature's Gate - Neroli Orange & Chocolate Mint Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2006 5:45:00 AM More reviews by pumpkincandy

I just bought this today (heads up: World Market is selling it for $1.18) and I'm already in love. The scent is unique, light and not headache-inducing, but still there. A very complementary chocolate-orange spiked with mint. I kissed my boyfriend and he complimented me on how good it tasted :)

As for texture, it's very silky and my lips feel moisturized AND protected. Good stuff, I'll rebuy. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2006 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Elena14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Currently my fave lip balm as well. Love the smell (although it doesn't match the taste) and it is very moisturizing. Obvious concerns about the hygiene of dipping fingers in a pot. (I hesitate to leave the house with this, knowing I'll be tempted to use it even though my hands will be exposed to a lot more surfaces/germs...) Definitely a repurchase. 4 stars.

01/18/07 EDIT: Still use/like this, but 1) hygiene issues forced me to keep this in the house, and 2) I have discovered the benefits of using lip balm with salicylic acid to fight the flakies. Current favorites: Bliss Superbalm (pricy) and Murad Soothing Lip Therapy (make sure NOT to get the pomegranate version!). Changing Nature's Gate rating to 3 stars.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Tastes amazing and really moisturizes. I like this because it's not petrolatum-based -- its ingredients include castor seed oil, beeswax, jojoba, apricot kernel oil, Vitamin E, and other nice organic things. And the taste is heavenly, just wish it lasted longer.
$3.50 for a 7g (.24 oz) tin. I found mine at Whole Foods but lipmedic.com has it too. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2006 6:00:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the last of the Nature's Gate tin lipbalms that I've acquired; I continue to purchase these because of their consistency and because they get absorbed into my lips instead of sitting on top of them! This one smells like Terry's Chocolate Orange to me (you know, the one where you have to bang on a hard surface and the chocolate orange slices will break apart), which is simply delicious. One caveat: Beware the tin may start to rust if you scratch a part of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 5:29:00 PM More reviews by amy212

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a favorate lip balm. It is very slick and moist. I am very picky about my balms. I am glad no spf - not needed for over night, in the house. I love the smell, taste - better than the carrot smoothy which is too sweet, but when I can't find the chocolate mint I still use it. Also lasts a really long time, even when I wake up in the morning, my lips are still coated sometimes - a very good thing if you love balms the way I do.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2005 6:24:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Nothing to write home about-the cosistency is lacking,the smell/taste is nice but can be a bit cloying after a while.I got this because of the old school slide tin-for those of us old enough to remember the lip balms that sold in the 70's it was a bit of nostalgia.Other than that-eh,I'll stick to good ole Dr.H and Weleda.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2005 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Ralen81

This is a wonderful lip balm. First, the tin is super cute and that's actually the reason I bought this lip balm in the first place. It also has a gorgeous natural chocolatey orange scent. This lip balm is also very moisturizing without being greasy and has a pretty shiny finish without feeling too slick. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2004 1:55:00 PM More reviews by reachingzen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An excellent lip balm/gloss. Smells delicious and very moisturizing. It leaves a nice glossy shine without being too shiny, and lasts a while too. Lanolin free too!
Love the little tin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2004 9:55:00 PM More reviews by neverseenblue

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I fell in love with the smell of this product while working in a health food store. Now I have all three flavours. It's more gloss than balm, so I wouldn't recommend it for menótoo shiny. The tin is cute, and although I know tins are unsanitary and inconvenient, I don't really mind it. Overall, good product and I would definitely buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2004 12:23:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The product itself is quite good, however, the packaging is so unfit and unsanitary, I would give this negative lippies if I could. I am not talking about dipping my fingers in- I couldn't care less about that- Both of my tins (I have carrot and chocolate orange) developed a black rim of crud that seems to come from the inside edges where the balm meets the metal of the tin. The combo gives a strong dirty penny taste and smell, and gives a nasty black mouldy color. Horrible, and most unfortunate because the balm itself is quite good. They need to either develop something to protectively coat the tin itself before putting in the balm, or they need to change the packaging altogether. Most unfortunate for a decent product and cute appearance of the packaging! If you try to scrape off the crud, more shows up, because it is simply the balm reacting with the tin. I am sad about this, because I was initially so exited about my purchase.