October 1, 2014 | 1206 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Daily Essential Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Taly

I wish I read all reviews before by it.
This made my face burn and turn it red for few minutes.
I did try it 3 times...same reaction, not any more!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by creativenature90

My skin is always parched so I'm perpetually on the lookout for a good moisturizing product. This ladies, is definitely not it.

First of all, as another reviewer said "the mattifying effect is horrifying". I like to have a soft, supple and Dewey appearance, and this cream makes my already dry skin look completely dehydrated and reflecting absolutely no light whatsoever. It leaves a tacky residue on my face and makes my skin feel tight, and dry. Its as if it sucks up the very little oil my skin produces. Maybe this would be a skin cream for a very oily skin type, but even to that I am skeptical because it is so heavy. Yuckkk.

I mixed it with some coconut oil and it made it bearable. But once I get another cream this is getting tossed into the trash, probably the worst cream I've ever used, and I've used a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Westiw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use the desert essence shampoo and conditoner and shower gel, so thought I would give the cream a go, unfortunately I had a reaction to it my skin went very red and tight, I have had this before with another organic face cream.
I love the rest of the range but had to throw the face cream awaydue to my reaction to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite moisturizer. I have tried so many that are either too light and don't do anything or too heavy and break out and irritate my sensitive skin. This is the perfect moisturizer to have in a basic skincare routine for every day use. It doesn't do anything special or miraculous but it's simple, it works, and it's a staple in my routine. Plus, for the price you get a ton of product as a little bit goes a long way. Mine will probably last me a year. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by iEuphoria0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG moisturizer. I have sensitive combo skin and my SO has acneprone combo skin. I've been using this for the spring/summer, so if winter comes and it's not enough I'll be sure to edit this review. It doesn't leave any residue. It's absorbed quickly. It's not too heavy and yet moisturizes well. This is stuff is awesome for my skin. The tub is nice because I can get all of the product out, I just have to be sure to have clean hands before I use some!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by kpineda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best ever! Ive tried everything -I want something natural but also something that works! Heaven in a jar - ive battled red cheekies for 5 years now because I do too much to my face! Lol! Even all natural products and sensitive skin care products! Anyways this calmed my hot little cheeks in one day! One day and I'm 46! The glycerin in this is natural not synthetic I love plastic but this really does process on the skin better! Evens skintone doesn't cause acne its brilliance in a jar and natural - great base for makeup neutralizes the skin into perfection! It does dry matte when first applied and later provides the right amount of moisture - I don't get it! All I wanted was to find something natural and healthy for me that works right my skins loving me back again! And I want to tell the world! I ordered from the dessert essence site! Sweet! Thumbs up! PS/ the jars a dusky red/orange with a chocolate lid so the boys can use it to! Bonus happy faces! Lol!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

i didn't find much about this to stand out from the rest of the pack. this could be a good thing, but it wasn't in this case--desert essence is not readily available, nor cheap enough, nor impressive enough, to make it worth the while. i would recommend trader joe's moisturizer in the pump packaging if you are looking for a moisturizer that's overall easy on the wallet, skin, and a no-brainer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by dancedance_003

I actually just repurchased this moisturizer. After using up the first tub, I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy another simply because I thought I could solely rely on jojoba oil (also by Desert Essence) as my moisturizer. While the jojoba oil was doing a good job on its own, it still felt weird not having an actual moisturizer, and the jojoba felt a little greasy since it's getting warmer. I read other reviews about this having a strange sweat-like scent, and honestly, I don't smell anything at all. I'm also not particular about scents either; there's really nothing that bothers me, so I guess my nose isn't sensitive enough.

This is what I would call a "dry" moisturizer. It hydrates my face, but I can't see any trace of it after it absorbs into the skin, and it absorbs rather quickly. Thus, it gives me a matte finish. It's not sticky at all; just very smooth (I have combination skin, but it's relatively normal most of the time). It's a really nice light-weight moisturizer for spring, summer, and fall. During the winter, if I want a little more moisturizing properties, I add a little jojoba or vitamin E oil as a boost.

I like the ingredients, it doesn't break me out, fairly inexpensive (I think I paid less than $5), and one tub lasted me for well over a year. Overall, it's a basic moisturizer that does what it's supposed to do, and I would definitely repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by rachellelkelley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a deal on Amazon for 3 of these. I really like it. I'd say it is a "no frills" product, but it does make my skin look beautiful. Someone else said it's almost like a primer, and I agree. It is very matte on the skin. It doesn't have much of a smell to it, and it never breaks me out or makes me blotchy like other moisturizers have. It's not glamorous but it works very well.
I love a lot of other Desert Essence products as well. Their chai lotion is awesome. :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by kazaba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to find this product. Natural ingredients, amazing price, decent size. After I ran out of my Aveeno Ultra-Calming moisturizer, I really wanted to try and find something that didn't have as many chemicals and wasn't quite as expensive. I definitely thought this would fit the bill.

Unfortunately, I had a bad reaction to this. While reading the other reviews for this product, I was amazed at the similarities to my own experience. Let me say this: I do NOT have sensitive skin. My skin is dry, yes, but not acne prone, and I have never had an adverse reaction to any skincare products before. This made my face burn, turn red, and almost start to peel. It made my skin feel tight, and formed a film which would crumble off in the areas I am most dry. I am so disappointed :( Never trying it again.