July 30, 2014 | 1272 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Physicians Formula - Luxury Eye Cream- For normal to dry skin

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have nothing to complain about the cream. It's a good product, hence 3 lippies. I use it in the evening because it doesn't absorb too fast and leaves an oily residue.
I won't buy because it reminds me of Vaseline and I can't apply eye makeup on top of this.
One reviewer said it helps her dry under eye skin feel hydrated prior Garnier roll concealer.
I may put too much of it but it's hard to dose - it's Vaseline in the end.
I would rather apply olive oil than this - olive oil I always have and this I'd need to re-buy :).
All in all, a cheap product which does what it says. I'll stick to Balea Urea eye cream which is cheaper than PhForm and absorbs faster. The quality is on pair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm only twenty one years old, so I'm not looking for anything to get rid of wrinkles or whatever quite yet. However, I wanted to start using an eye cream as a sort of preventative measure. I have oily skin (even though this product is for normal to dry skin), and I am prone to acne and milia.

Pros:
- It's cheap for an eye cream.
- It's moisturizing! (It's sort of like a creamy vaseline.)
- It hasn't broken me out or given me any milia!
- It does everything it claims to do! (It does NOT claim to depuff or get rid of dark circles, just help with fine lines and moisturize!)

Cons:
- It's a tiny bit oily for my skin, since my skin is already oily. It's not so bad that I would stop using it though, I just only use it at night!
- I don't like the packaging. It seems a bit unsanitary being that it's in a jar that you have to scoop the product out of.
- I wish it did have the properties to depuff and get rid of dark circles! But since the product doesn't claim to do these things, I can't hold this against the product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a nice thick cream.....makes me look like i have bruised eyes when i wear it, but thats not a problem cause its not really something that you wear out....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My skin is dry and sensitive. After using a serum, I apply this eye cream over face, eyes, and neck. It makes my skin look and feel good. I wish it came in a tube instead of a jar, for sanitary reasons.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The people giving this bad reviews must not have dry eyes. Me, the skin under mine is so dry I can't even wear concealer because no matter the brand, it drys up and looks like crust. Not pretty. Which sucks because I've got really bad dark circles, most likely due to my allergies. I've always had them.

This creme works well for me. It doesn't do anything for dark circles but I don't think it claimed to. It helps the dryness under my eyes, which is really all I expect. Nothings going to magically remove these sunken in circles. But at least when I use this, I can follow up with my Garnier eye roller which has a tint that helps cover them.

Best of all, it's only around 7 bucks. I do not recommend if you have normal/combo to oily skin. It says right on the jar its for normal to dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

Pros:
- easy to apply
- non irritating
- You get a lot of product for the price

Cons:
- In the morning, I was left with some oily/sticky stuff on my lids. Next time, I'll try using less and rubbing it in more.
- Pot is not very sanitary

I have several eye creams that I use and this is not my most favorite but it gets the job done. I don't think I'll repurchase when I run out, but the pot is huge for something you use so little of at a time that it will be a while before I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by mirrorgirlmirrorgirls

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered this online a year ago and didn't use it until last night cuz of the bad reviews. This stuff is sweet!! I have extremely sensitive skin and it didn't sting or burn my eyes let alone the eye area. It's oily and rich and IMO a night eyecream should be. It glided on without any pulling or tugging and didnt make they eye area puff up or turn red like most do. I even used it on my dry mouth area and when i woke up this morning the fine lines and dark circles around my eyes were gone. It was a super boost for my dehydrated skin plus i didn't have an oily residue when i woke up. I wouldn't use this for day cuz its too oily but i wont buy another one until they can make one that isnt so firming and tight as to make fine lines look like deep wrinkles. Gonna stick to my sunblock and moisturizer for eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Jackiehunter212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this today (I will update with more thorough results later) and i was in search for an eye cream that I could afford. Here this little tub lay before my eyes with a $6.29 label! Woohoo! I went home and put some on, and this has no scent I can detect, and it feels wonderfully creamy and soft.

My eyes currently are dry with minor dark circles. I think the dark circles are cause by my eyes being quite "sunken" in (if that is the term for it, anyway the circles are probably just shadows)

I have extremely sensitive and reactive skin so I will definetly update with the results.

UPDATE: It's been a week and I LOVE this eye cream!!!!! My dark circles are non existent, and if I rub my eye it feels sooooo soft!!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by erijica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Basically, this product is Vaseline on steroids. The second ingredient is petrolatum, which is why it feels so greasy and... Vaseline like. :) The little blue jar says that this stuff is "vitamin enriched, hypoallergenic, and fragrance free." Even though it says it's fragrance free, it actually smells quite horrible. Well, with that said... I kinda like this product because I like using Vaseline around my eye area anyway. I only use it at night since it takes FOREVER to absorb and dry. The only thing I really don't like about it is the awful smell. After this jar is gone, I probably won't buy it again...

So, if you're looking for vitamin-enriched Vaseline that smells bad, this product is for you! :P

UPDATE 6-21-08// So I've changed my mind about this... I give it five stars now as opposed to three. My eye area is much softer and smoother from using this. I only use it at night since it's kinda greasy though... Applying makeup to my eye area is much easier now. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for Physicians Formula Luxury Eye Cream. I have hesitated to buy this due to the negative reviews here; however, the other night I caved and purchased this product. I really am liking it and it almost rivals my HG Bobbi Brown EXTRA Eye Balm. Texture is not as balm-like as hers however, it is hydrating my undereye area just as well as EXTRA. Directions say use day/night but I would suggest using just at night due to the somewhat greasy, slick feel ... which moves me to add .... this is a *treatment* cream .... All in all, I am noticing that my concealer is going on much more smoothly, Packaging is not at all luxurious; just a plastic jar and blue plastic lid. Usual 0.5 ounces as w most eye creams and the price cannot be beat. I will repurchase and use it and my BB EXTRA so at least *this* will last me longer. Great product for dry, dehydrated eye area.
EDIT: Unfortunately this eye cream is making my eyes water. Will not repurchase.