August 27, 2014 | 1631 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche in Toasted Almond

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BROWN GIRL APPROVED! I am MAC NW45 and have recently been on the search for lipsticks out of the drugstore that can give me a nude lip. I was browsing my local Wal Mart and came upon this. Wonderful color! Looks like a Nia Long nude lip to me. I love the creaminess of this, the smell is divine and the packaging looks and feels luxe. Love the embossed L'Oreal logo on the lip stick as well. Lasts a long time, I must reapply after eating/drinking, though. I would repurchase if I lost this or ran out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Kavarice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Loreal Color Riche is my favorite line of drugstore lipsticks because they're opaque and not too shiny or sheer or metallic. Toasted Almond is one of my go to lipsticks on days when I don't feel like wearing dressy makeup or matching lipstick to my outfit. It's a warm, deep neutral which for me is a lot more flattering than a light nude color. It's on the brown side but with a good amount of pink/peach in it so that it looks like a darker version of natural lips. It has a subdued and sophisticated look that I like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Really surprised I like this shade - it was a gift and I would have never chosen it based on name alone as I would have expected a browner shade. This is almost like a love child of Loreal's 'Fairest Nude' mixed with what another reviewer has described as Revlon's fleshtone - It is the same mauvy pinky beigey base shade but amped up with a tad more tan and a bit more rosy and has a touch of peachiness to it. It is just a tad too orangey for my liking but would look amazing on anyone just a tad darker complected than me (I am really fair) A great versatile lipstick great over a liner or on it's own and great for the office or more professional looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by goshzilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My new favorite drugstore lipstick. I got a revlon lipstick in "fleshtone", but I found out they don't sell it in stores anymore so I went searching for a similar pinky/brown nude lipstick and found this. It is an exact dupe! I was originally going to buy the loreal in fairest nude, but despite all the good reviews even with those who have medium skin I couldn't believe them because I still thought the pink was a tad too light and unnatural looking on tanned skin. It goes on smoothly, but the lasting power isn't very long so you'll need to reapply it and when it wears off you aren't left with a weird faint color on your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by truelily

Great colour ! I have light skin, hazel eyes and light bright hair and that lipstick is beautiful, makes me look sexy in a very sophisticated way without being too flashy.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by idg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh. Oh my lawd no. This has been one one my worst lipstick experiments, but your mileage may vary. I was lassoed in to trying this lipstick because I've seen more than enough reviews claiming that this was a perfect colour for not only pale-skinned ladies, but for women of colour too...but not on my lips, that's for sure. In the tube, and on a lot of people, Toasted Almond comes across as a very lovely, creamy, moisturizing lipstick with a natural rosy-peach-brown colour and satin finish. My ideal everyday colour, if it had worked. Instead, due to my highly pigmented purplish-pink-grey lips (I wish I was kidding) and medium brown skin tone, this applied like a chalky beige-peach colour that make me look like an anemic, starving crack addict attempting the nude-lips trend. The moisturizing effect and satin finish was still there, though (as was the traditional L'oreal powdery perfume scent) but if your lips and skin tone are similar to mine in colour, I'm warning you, do NOT go there. I suppose I can't fault the lipstick as the formula's alright, but the colour is a risk you'll have to decide on yourself. I still can't figure out why this lipstick is so highly rated for women of my NC42-44 skin tone. Either most people have lips that are much less pigmented than mine (highly likely) or most people are wannabe starving crack addicts trying to be fashionable (also plausible).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by NatalieMakeupJunkie

oh yeah oh yeahhhh its my HG everyday lipstick! whoot whoot i have finally found my love and to think it was in the drugstore! okay so just saying im a MAC NC 40 so yeah im on the tan side but strangely i have really pink tones to my skin just saying anyways this a gorgeous pinky brown almost mauvey color that is like a my lips but wayyy better...love love love the color .the formula is pretty amazing wears long on me (without eating of course) the packaging is deccent not the greatest in the world but whatever and the smell well i know alot of people complain about the smell buh honestly i dont mind it at all.but that goes with any lipstick.so yeah total love goes with anything and everything.not to much but just enough.(:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 7:28:00 AM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have big, two-tone lips: My bottom lip is a bright, rosy pink while my top lip is a mauve-pink, that can sometimes turn pink brown if I don't wear a lip balm with SPF. Now, because of this, I sometimes have a hard time finding a natural shade lipstick that looks good on me. Makeup rules, from what I've learned from many here and blogs, beauty books, and MA's tell me to go and get a lipstick in the same color as my top lip. Brown lipstick looks bad on me. My skin tone is a dark bronze and naturally, one would think brown would look good on me but it doesn't. It makes me look old. It makes my skin look dull and washed out. I have very noticeable pink (salmon) and peach undertones that pretty much rules out that option. Until this arrived.

This is the best nude/natural lipstick I've ever encountered. It is a gorgeous, brownish salmon peach color that would look amazing on anyone. This harmonizes both colors of my lips, makes my skin glow, and brings out my coloring and undertones most beautifully. It makes my eyes look bright and warm. It also makes a great and beautiful cream blush. I can wear this in almost any makeup look and I can finally wear green eyeshadow with confidence. It makes me look "naturally sexy" and many people compliment me when I wear this. Guys love it, many consistently telling me I have beautiful lips or great colored lips. It doesn't dry my lips, rather, it moisturizes them and leaves them soft. And it gives you solid vibrant color in two swipes. The negative things about this is that the formula doesn't last long on lips, often it just lasts two hours. I don't mind that one bit as it works as a lip balm replacement. The other that, I'm almost positively sure, that L'oreal does animal testing. Other than that this is brilliant stuff and I can't wait to try the other colors. The most unbelievable part of this is the pricing. I can get this for $6.50 at Ulta, and that's not counting w/L'oreal coupons and sales. In my opinion, this is another formula that makes HE lipsticks look bad. The other is Revlon. I've tried them all and while they make great colors, this is the only formula that loves my lips. Enjoy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 4:06:00 AM More reviews by hcle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was a nice lipstick, i am reviewing for "MOKA AND CHOCOLATE 279" because i'ts not listed, it is a lovely medium/light brown perfect for my yellow based NC35 skin, it is 1/2 shades darker then a 'nude' so great for everyday wear when you don't want to look like you've got a heavy shade on or as if you're trying to do a nudge thang on your lips. beautiful and nautural looking

but like toasted almond it is a rosey/beige/brown with some warm tints in it (or else i'd look like a ghost),
i like this line but i HATE THE SMELL hence it is a 4/5 but the colour match is wonderufl, it is reasonably creamy, doesnt highlight dry lips like some others do, but yes dear l'oreal if you can get rid of that nasty metallic/lead/rose smell it would be perfect

Also the cost in AU without sale is $25.00 which i find quite expensive (hmm, two l'oreal lippies or one chanel?) for a drugstore brand. I bought this on sale from Myer for $9 so in that sense im satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by amethyst02m

This is a classic that I always come back to! One of the few shades in the nude family that doesn't wash me out or look too brown/pale. Mac has a shade called "Touch" which this reminds me of A BIT - except that shade has far more brown in it (on me) and this has more orange/pink in it for me. I mention it since both shades flatter me and I am fair with neutral/yellow undertones, brown eyes and hair. Great every day shade!