April 20, 2014 | 1982 users online

Blush - Lancome - Blush Subtil - Cappucine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm almost out of this blush and I would totally buy it again. It goes well with my fair/medium warm skin tone and gives me just a hint of healthy color, without looking like I got baked in the bronzing oven of doom.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I too have a light olive (NC30) complexion and this blush looked nice when paired with cool pink/purple or neutral brown eyes. Haven't used it in a good while now since I moved on to experimenting with other blushes, but this one is a keeper. Now that it's back in mind, I'll be sure to try it out again soon. It goes on as a sheer, matte, pinkish-neutral dusting on my complexion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a deceptive color. In the pan it is flat matte and sheer. On my PPP complexion any unwanted pink is immediately neutralized. I like this very much but think there is a tendency to be too flat and is best used as a very sophisticated contour blush. When I wear this I always match my lips to the blush and find a smokey eye really compliments the overall look. Very nice blush for day/business wear and seems to last all day on my hydrated skin. I think on oily complexions this would have a tendency to streak and fade. Would be ab fab on strawberry blondes, red heads and fair brunettes. Overall this is a wonderful neutral blush that is a staple in my blush arsenal.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by tgkinley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Unfortunately, I was totally dissapointed with this and tossed it after about 6 weeks. "Subtil" is the operative word here, almost impossible to get any pigment whatsoever, and then it dissapeared by mid-day!

While I think the color is nice, natural, healthy-looking, I think it was a total waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Twinings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am extremely impressed by this product. I can well imagine this becoming a staple and well-loved item in my traincase. I purchased this item based on reviews & swatches from MUA - it is exactly as I expected if not more.

A neutral beige with soft pink! A lovely buildable matte and as another reviewer states...so finely milled you only see the colour (not the product).

Certainly a blush/contouring shade you could use each and every day (then layer over with another blush to add drama). I have a feeling I might actually hit pan on a blush for a change!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 8:17:00 AM More reviews by northender

Cappucine is a very finely milled sheer matte powder from our friends at Lancome. They call it a blush but it's really a blush/bronzer/contouring powder. The color is neutral dusty brown- pink-not especially warm or cool. It is a true neutral. Doesn't really look like a blush, per se - light-skinned girls can use this as a subtle matte bronzer or to contour. It gives my NC 45 GGG/DDD skin a subtle rosy-brown glow - I like to use it when I am doing a subtly contoured cheek with dramatic eyes or lips - keeps me from looking like Lindsay Lohan and her obvious contouring. I especially like to use it with a shimmery bronzer because it tones things down a bit. More importantly, although it looks light (for me!), it doesn't "chalk out" on me. The quality of the powder is the best I have seen - it is extremely finely milled so that you can't see any powder on your skin - all you see is a slight hint of color - it's like a cream blush in that sense but much easier to apply. This is a very nice product - not unusual or outstanding enough to be an HG, but inspiring enought to pique my interest in Lancome makeup in general.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I finally found a flattering beige blush that is not too muddy or too brown. Cappucine has no shimmer, and can be used as a blush, as a light contour powder, or as a subtle all-over bronzer. I have light, olive toned skin (C3/4), with both yellow and red undertones. It goes with every m/u palette, my favorite being to wear it with an all-over neutral palette. It is sheer, but still visible on my skin. Definitely a versatile, wearable color to have.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2007 11:59:00 AM More reviews by wittygrl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my HG blush all throughout High School when I was MUCH paler. I bought it in 9th grade and made it my staple blush for everyday as well as evening wear. It is a muted beige color with a hint of rose/pink. No shimmer so it looks natural and sophisticated. Whenever I wore it, it looked like a natural flush on my skin and I would constantly get compliments. Unfortunately, I don't go for the natural look anymore and switched to NARS Orgasm recently. However, if you like subtle, natural and sophisticated colors, this is definitely a winner! For reference, I used to have brown with blond high-lights hair in high school and was a NC40. Now that I'm in college in Florida, I have black hair and am a NC43/C6.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by lisaf6501

I love Lancome blushes, and this is no exception. It's a medium pinky-brown color with no shimmer. I can imagine it would work on all skin tones. Very finely milled and highly pigmented. If I ever use it up, I would repurchase. This is my everyday blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by fmorgan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this as a GWP and will repurchase. I use it more as a contour and as a bronzer (and sometimes tripkle duty it as an eye shadow on those lazy days) and it shows up well on my nc30 skin. I think variety is nice in one's blush drawer and this fills the "dark yet still natural" niche very nicely. Love it.