BeneFit Cosmetics Avocado Potion

3.6

I found the scent to be a bit sour, like a strange rotting milk. As a lotion it was just average. Definitely not worth the $18 price tag. They've stopped making this for a while now. I'm kind of glad, because it was a very average product with an above average price. The bottle, which is very plain, isn't even cute like most Benefit products. I confess-I was suckered by the Benefit name into buying this. As with most Benefit products, cute packaging, clever marketing, crappy products overall.

on 1/20/2004 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A very thick moisturiser that needs to be rubbed into the skin a fair bit before it is absorbed. Although I found it moisturising and didn't mind the smell (light, synthetic almond aroma), there are plenty of other products out there that do a better job and that don't cost as much.

on 5/12/2003 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was so excited to buy this product and am a **little** disappointed. It's not actually a terrible product, but for all the hype, it's just not up to par. It's VERY thick, which I don't usually mind, but it takes me a good 2-3 minutes to rub it all the way in so no streaks are left on my skin. The scent is nothing special, doesn't really smell like anything except "lotion" (if that makes sense). It does moisturize rather well, but nothing stands out about this product and I will not be repurchasing when I am done.

Update - I have been using this now for about a month and I have changed my mind completely. I absolutely looove this product. Only thing is it is way too expensive for so little product. I am almost done w/ the bottle.

on 10/11/2002 1:59:00 PM

I agree with the previous reviewers. Fortunately, I didn't have to pay anything for it since a lovely swapper trew in a trial-sized pot that lasted me about 4-5 applications as a before-bed hand cream. Another proof that drugstore brands deserve a second look!

on 8/23/2001 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is another thick heavy moisturizing lotion on the market. Similiar to Kiehls Creme de Corps, Philosophy Be Somebody. It has a faint scent, nothing overpowering and really moisturizes skin. But I do not think it is worth the $18 for 8 oz. There are similiar lotions on the market that are less expensive and do the same job. However, it is a thick moisturizer that will moisturize your skin.