September 20, 2014 | 1714 users online

Eye Shadow - Cargo - Shangri-La

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 1:36:00 AM More reviews by bluemelon

I bought this eyeshadow and also Toronto when I saw Cargo eyeshadows on sale & thought I should try them. After reading the reviews on here, my colour decision was made easy & I am very happy. Shangri-La is a sea green colour with a beautiful gold shimmer to it. It also has a tinge of blue-grey. It is the most unique colour of eyeshadow I have ever seen - it's gorgeous. I have dark brown eyes, and it goes well, especially when I add a dark colour like a slate grey on the outer corners of my eyes. I use Stila's 'Storm', and it looks really great. I also apply the 'Toronto' colour on my brow bone, and it goes really well, since Toronto also has a gold shimmer.

In terms of lasting power - it does well when applied over Urban Decay Primer Potion. As I have very oily lids, it tends to crease after a while, but definitely lasts longer than other eyeshadows I have tried.
Packaging is not that great - it's in a tin container with a separate lid. I prefer my eyeshadows to have the colour visible on the outside, like MAC's. I also had a bit of trouble with the lid on this one, but not with the Toronto one, which is unusual.

Overall, I'm glad I got this one. If you are looking to try a Cargo eyeshadow - definitely grab this one - it blew me away. Or if you're after something unique, this is definitely the one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by tucsonaz

Great mermaid-scale color. Not something I wear everyday, but it's a nice change when I do. A shimmery blue-green color. I use on the lid only then use MAC Tealo eyeliner and black mascara. Neutral lips (I like to do a sheer brown then top with Sephora #24, a beige frost) are a must with this eyeshadow or you'll have too much going on. Fun color, not too over-the-top.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Osgoode

I absolutely love the colour of this shadow. As others have said before, it really makes hazel eyes pop. I see less grey in it than other reviewers, and more of the blue/green/gold. I totally feel like a mermaid when I wear it. The only thing (and it may just be me 'cause I don't wear it with a primer) is that it fades pretty fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by strapon

I love this eyeshadow, the color is amazing. It's a wonderful blue-green-grey with some shimmer that looks lovely with my pale skin and dark brown eyes. My one huge complaint with this product is the packaging, the container is hard to open sometimes and I have to use something to help me pry it open! It's sad, it's really a cute package, it's just not functional!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2006 9:11:00 AM More reviews by spuds9092

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one great color!! I RIS due to the many good reviews it received and I am not disappointed!!! It makes my hazel eyes "pop"!!! When I first openned it up it looked kinda "ho-hum" but once you put it on it magically trasformed on your eyes. I don't do well with describing color but it is a greenish-blue (to me.) I have received many compliments at work when I wear this color. If it ever use it all I will buy another one!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2006 5:34:00 AM More reviews by wednesday1331

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great color- basically the same as described by everyone else below. I love how it seems to alternate between green and blue. Plus Cargo shadows seem to be highly pigmented and go on easily- silky and smooth. The only flaw that I have found is that some seem to emphasize any wrinkles you might have on your lids, but that's not the case with this color. I also think this is the same as the lighter blue shade in the Omaha duo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 8:16:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Perfect shimmery green-blue-gray e/s for spring! I own tons of green shadows so the possibilities are endless with Shangri-la. Cargo e/s are silky smooth and pigmented on me, and I don't mind the silver tin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2004 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lolly5377

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What I wanted Laura Mercier's Lemongrass to be. That gray-blue green made my eyes look like a bit of mold was growing on my lids, leaving me sallow-looking. This shade is much more pigmented. The shade is very nuanced and works with a range of skin and eye colors. One complaint: I don't want to pay $16 for a shadow that doesn't even come in a real compact with a mirror. The packaging is a neat concept--just not for a line priced this highly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2004 11:29:00 PM More reviews by kaestu

I bought this e/s based mainly on the reviews for it, but also because the description sounded like it was JUST what I was looking for. And it was! It is a gorgeous greyish green on me - exactly what I wanted. I'm an LLL with brown hair and eyes and LOVE green e/s but they usually accentuate my dark circles if they are too green or have too much blue in them. But since this one is neither, it is PERFECT for me. It is long-lasting but not as long as Urban Decay imo. The texture is nice and these go on evenly and smoothly. My only complaint in the packaging. That lid is hard to get off and it is just a downright pain. The packaging is cute, just hard to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2004 1:04:00 PM More reviews by signsoflife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this eyeshadow based on the raves on MUA and I'm glad I did. The color has already been described at great lengths so I'll just say that it looks like a muted green on me (Asian LLL, I think), a good green!