December 18, 2014 | 1746 users online

Palettes - Sonia Kashuk - Eye Shadow Palette - Perfectly Neutral

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Saandes2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally a neutral pallette that was all mattes! I will only use mattes during the week at work because I wear scrubs and feel too dressy if i have sparkle anywhere on my face. I was excited to find this and I have used it everyday since i bought it about as year ago. The only color I have not been able to use is the grey which is great because I have about 5 pallettes sitting around with colors i dont think i will ever use. Great buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Very meh. If you think this will satisfy your need for the UD Naked palette forget it because that's what I thought and I'm still thinking about UD. These colors are weird especially the 2 dark brown colors that are very close in pigmentation. Why Sonia? The light tan color in the far left corner hardly shows up on my lids and the pink that is immediately next to it is slightly off--it's too brown or something to be flattering. Then there is the cocoa color which makes me look sick even only used in the crease. The primer makes my eyes swell so I can't use it. Overall a bust. Wish I'd passed big time and you should think twice. You have been warned.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Librarynut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know some people say the colors are sheer, not pigmented, etc.
But I find they show up nicely(then again I'm so pale I practically qualify as translucent) and last pretty long.
I use it as my go-to, simple liner/shadow smudge look when I don't have much time, and my more extravagant smokey eye when I do have time. The cream is way to dark, so I never use it, but the rest of the shadows I probably use twice a week.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by southernbellecouture

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These shadows are not pigmented at all. Very disappointing. I love the Sonia Kashuk brand so I was excited to try out this palette but when I went to apply, I was so let down because these colors are so sheer you barely see them. Although the packaging is great as always, the product inside was less than impressive.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by amyvail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These shadows are not pigmented at all. Very disappointed. I love the Sonia Kashuk brand so I was excited to try out this palette but when I went to apply, I was so let down because these colors are so sheer you barely see them. Although the packaging is great as always, the product inside was less than impressive.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Audrey0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very practical colors. The top center color which is a sort of pale pinky beige is gorgeous on my pale skin. I would compare it to the Estee Lauder pink color that is out in the gift this month. Anyway, I have been wearing it all week. For the price, I don't see how this purchase could be a mistake for anyone with my light coloring. I use the darker browns only as liners and the lighter colors easily blend together for the lid and crease and the palest color under the brows. I haven't used the creamy base only because I am already currently obsessed with another eyelid primer. I don't love all of Sonia Kashuk's eyeshadows, but most of them are really good and overall I am happy with this purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Momeramas

I love neutral palettes. I also love many of the Sonia Kashuk products, particularly their metal eyelash curler, some of the brushes, and concealer palette. However, somehow I never loved this eyeshadow combo. It looks very nice in the package, but I never reach for it. I may even get rid of it at this point. The two darker brown colors seem to be almost the same. It seems like the colors get rock hard and do not retain a creamy texture. The colors just don't seem to work for me. I am usually very specific in my reviews, but I am just meh on this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this palette for a couple years now and I use it regularly. I've hit pan on the matte cream shade since I love how sheer it is as a highlight and it doesn't look harsh on my NC35 skin tone. I use all the other shades pretty frequently, especially the warm brown shade on the bottom right. Besides the cream color, it has a champagne color, a light grey, a tan shimmer, a matte cool brown, and a matte warm brown. I use the bottom three shades the most (tan, and browns) for the crease and I use the champagne color quite often on the lid too. There are dents in each of the colors and I used to use the base to help the colors stick on my lid better. I also really like the white packaging of this a lot!

Each shade is really nicely pigmented, with the browns and the tan having the most pigmentation, and the champagne color being the least pigmented. I also found that the white cream color was the smoothest shade, and the grey shade is the hardest to work with. Grey is the only color I don't use a lot since it's not flattering on my skin tone.

Overall, this is a great beginner's palette and I love to use it when I don't want to think about what to wear!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by shanatwork

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Packaging is convenient in theory as it's a nice idea to have six shades and an eye base in one palette, unfortunately, I don't see myself reaching for this too often because the shades are not very flattering on the eye. The top middle shade is barely noticeable unless you pack it on. The darker shades are just so so. However, the eye base is quite nice. Regret purchasing this. Save your money and put together a palette with a few of Bobbi Brown's singles or look for one of her limited edition neutral palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by megharp17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go to everyday eyeshadow palette. The colors are very flattering. They are sheer, but you can build them up. They also mix well to create custom looks. The eye shadow base is only so so. Sometimes it feels a little sticky on my eyes, but it keeps the color on. It is 6:15 now, and I put this shadow on at 8:00 AM. It has faded a little, but still looks good. You can easily add more for an evening look.