October 26, 2014 | 1054 users online

Lip Gloss - Physicians Formula - retro gloss (all colors)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by weezerchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off this is a review for the NEW mineral Lip Sheen Lip gloss in "Rose Quartz".
It goes on clumsily with the plastic applicator. I really prefer stick lip glosses that have a brush applicator, which makes it go on a whole lot smoother..so that was a bummer. The texture is a lot like Carmex which is too thick for a lipgloss! I don't like feeling like a granny when I'm wearing l/g. The shine is alright, but there is absolutely NO COLOR. I mean, I knew that it wouldn't be highly pigmented b/c it's a "natural product", but I would still at least expect a HINT of color considering the l/g appearance in the tube. Don't waste your money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Bhree

I liked the consistency and color (antiqued Scarlett), and I was impressed by the mirror. The packaging was very different, I enjoyed using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2004 2:12:00 PM More reviews by skleeuic

I have the retro gloss in natural and cherry. The natural shade is a bit too coppery for me, so I don't think I'll end up wearing it too much. The cherry is a really pretty sheer rosy color. I definitely wouldn't call it gloss - it's not shiny or glossy at all, but has a bit of shimmer to it. It seems to dry my lips out if I wear it alone, so I put it over lip balm. I love the fact that it's unscented. The biggest downfall is the packaging. It took me about an hour to open the natural one after I bought it, and I can't close it all the way or else It'll never open again. The cherry one I had no problems with. I got these for half off at Ulta, but I don't think I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2004 12:07:00 PM More reviews by TrishaLynn

I have Retro Lip Lacquer in Antique Scarlett...I think this is different from the gloss, but the one I have is a lip color with a gloss like consistancy with a wand applicator. Very cute packaging, plus a mirror on the back of the container which I haven't seen before. I like the color, good for the fall. I usually stick with Pinks, but this is kind of in-between rose and red, with a hint of bronze shimmer...very nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2004 10:43:00 PM More reviews by GoodGirlsBleed

I was intimidated by the dark brown (Cocoa Glow) color, but when applied, it's a lovely sheer wash. Nice texture, cute jar-- I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2004 12:31:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in Mauve Glow. I really like how the color is very sheer and light. The shine is fairly subtle. All in all a good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2004 12:51:00 AM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good drugstore gloss. There is NO scent whatsoever, which is a big plus to me. I hesitate to purchase drugstore glosses because they are so frequently scented with some terrible smell, but I took a chance when I saw these since I was looking everywhere for a medium rose color, and thankfully, no bad odor.The packaging is adorable and includes a mirror on the back. PF has neat retro looks in the packaging. This is not a sticky gloss, but rather has the gel type feeling and is rather opaque, more like a liquid lipstick than a shiney lipgloss. I rate it a four rather than a five because it's not super glossy, it shines but isn't really glossy. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2003 6:48:00 AM More reviews by rawrmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Rosy Glow tonight at Longs for about $3. The color is a sheer red on your lips, but the glitter is kind of gritty and big. Also, it's very hard to open! If I shut it all the way, I have to get my dad to open it heh. I wont repurchse because it's nothing special, but it was cute to try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2003 10:10:00 AM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Rosy Glow and Cocoa Glow. The glitter in them is on the large side, so it can be gritty, but other than that it feels smooth and soothing. Rosy Glow is a subtle pink and Cocoa Glow is a shimmery brown-beige.