October 30, 2014 | 1739 users online

Lipstick - Laura Mercier - Sheer lipstick in Sexy Lips

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by TheAndiPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love my Tender Lips so I thought I'd try Sexy Lips. It was really disappointing. In only an hour I had to reapply because it wore off quickly and patchy. It didn't just wear off at the center of my lips like some lipsticks do. It was blotchy and patchy looking all over which has never happened with my other Laura Mercier lipsticks. I was really surprised that it wore so badly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Monique372

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very racy yet sophisticated color excellent for both afternoon brunch and black tie events.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by trackypup

I can't say enough about this lipstick. For my skin tone is the absolute most perfect red and I've tried reds in all kinds of high end brands. It applies like a dream, has staying power, doesn't bleed. Love it. It will definitely be my go to red in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by missthing303

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Initially I thought this was tood deep a red, but I got it in a swap and am so glad I gave it a shot. It's a really nice muted rosy red. Not exactly sheer, more semi-sheer I'd say; but buildable so it almost gives the effect of a stain if you apply moderately. I love the texture-very satiny and smooth, not at all slimy or slippery which I hate in many sheer lipsticks. This has nice staying power and is a nice base for lighter colors you might want to dress up. Very pleased and I'm sure I will repurchase. I also have Just lips, Tender lips and Baby lips in this line, but this one has become my favorite of the 3. Actually Sexy Lips is closer to the true color of babies lips or just lips (if lips are highly pigmented or if you just at a cherry popsicle) for someone of my coloring (very fair, cool undertones, dark hair and eyes). These are pricey but they also last a long time. I have not finished one yet and I used Tender Lips almost daily for months. Good value for a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by circusnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is the perfect red shade for me, and the feel of it is sooo satiny and smooth...not exactly sheer, as you'd expect, but it feels very light in comparison to your basic lipstick. it is like a muted rose red shade (i'm not sure i know what "sangria" color is, as sephora describes it) and i personally find it agreeable for daily wear -- not just for going out. i have deep brownish black hair, blue eyes and pale skin with rosy cheeks...and this complements my look very nicely. the packaging leaves a bit to be desired...very straightforward, a tad boring...but sometimes no-frills is best. i'm just worried about losing it in my purse because it's so nondescript!! regardless, i am sure i'll use this shade up quickly and will repurchase...and try a shade or two others, as well!
P.S. - i don't get what the others are talking about with this lipstick's "gross taste"...i think it's just a basic lipstick taste with nothing particularly gnarly about it. so i wouldn't let those reviews deter any interested gals. maybe i'm just not picky enough, haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by marildu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was looking for a sort of toned down red for every day wear. I have a couple brighter ones already. I found this. It's actually exactly what I was looking for. The color is nice, stays on fairly long, and is buildable. My only complaint which isn't that bad is that the taste is kind of funky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color jumped out at me among the testers, and I jumped at it once it was on my lips. Laura Mercier's website calls it a "sheer sangria rose" and that is pretty accurate: A sweet, pinkish, rosy deep red with lots of pigment and shine. The formula is incredibly moisturizing with botanical oils and butters, as well as plumping with Maxi-Lip. I have very pale, neutral skin, brown hair, and brown eyes, and on me Sexy Lips is a pink rose with deep red undertones. It plays up my natural lip color and makes my lips look extremely full and pouty, and they're full and pouty already. So, this is great. One of my new favorite lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I really like this on myself. I tend to however wear this for parties only because it is a more 'glamorous' look. I wouldn't want to wear red if i'm simply going out with friends or simply chillin' out. I agree with others who've mentioned that it stains the lips after the product has worn off (which btw, i totally luv). It is a sheer product but I find it quite pigmented hence i use it with a lip brush rather than using it directly on my lips. It is a muted, flat red lip colour so I tend to wear it with a neutral or pink gloss which really accentuates the lip colour and makes it look fabulous. I will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe I was dying to get this for YEARS and finally did and am disappointed. The color is great for a ppp like me and it actually seems to make my teeth whiter, so yay for the color. But the texture is sort of drying and doesn't go on smoothly. And it sort of smells a tad funky and tastes gross. I also think the packaging is a bit clunky and lacks elegance.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by chichi2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this color to be a pretty pinkish red, yet it was not very sheer, in fact it was a more flat muted color than I expected.