October 20, 2014 | 1944 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - Shea Butter Body Lotion (Lait Corporel)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I advise you to buy it only if you want to pamper yourself with something nicely scented and pleasant to use. This won't help any skin problems on the long run, especially not coupled with a L'Occitane shower gel. (I used it some years ago, when I used fragranced shower products. Since I use mild, fragrance-free products, I don't really need a body lotion any more.)
If you don't know what to try from the L'Occitane range, this is a fairly good choice. I've tried a lot of their products, and from the body lotions the almond scented and the shea in the jar were the best, even for seriously dry skin. This one was ok, or really good for a bit dry skin, and all the others (green tea, verbena, cherry blossom) were below bottom shelf drugstore quality.
Shea body lotion has a nice powdery floral smell, which is not very strong. It absorbs quite well, and leaves your skin soft. As others have already mentioned, the packaging is a bit problematic. It's really hard to get out the lotion from the bottom.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Insanely nice stuff. Very moisturizing, sinks in fast, pleasant but not overpowering scent. Taking off one lippie for the prohibitive price and I'm not very keen on the packaging since you can't get the last dregs out.

A similar lotion I like that's a lot cheaper in the Fenjal Intensive Body Milk.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really nice, moisturises well, it's pleasant to use and and has a nice and subtle smell. However, there are two major downsides. 1) The bottle, though cute, is poorly designed. It's an ordeal to get the product out especially when you have 50% or less in there. I couldn't remove all the lotion and some of it went to the bin... 2) The price. Ok, this is a great product. But I can't justify paying this much for a body lotion that... moisturises. Yep, that's all it does. Otherwise a lovely product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of the few body lotions that actually goes into my skin without leaving this greasy or film like feeling, it's not sticky, the bottle lasts a while, it does not irritate my super pretentious, sensitive, eczematic skin but instead makes it feel soothed and comfortable. Perhaps not madly hydrating, but still the best I've found so far (and I have tried loads because my skin is never satisfied), and my skin is usually super dry so it might not be of any case for other people with normal/dry skin. Looking at the ingredients, it has no harsh chemicals in it, which is an instant winner for me. Also, it has a lot more shea butter in it than usually creams with shea butter do (and those 2% shea butter creams don't do much good "shea butter work" on you I tell you). The scent is nothing to be crazy about but it's subtle and doesn't bother me. And the bottle looks cool!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by nordavind

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this body lotion, the texture is incredibly rich and creamy, but not sticky. It absorbs quickly, so it is possible to get dressed (or go to bed) a few seconds after the application without feeling all greasy. Iím always looking forward to applying it, because it leaves skin so soft, and the smell is to die for (I would say jasmine, orange blossom). Usually body lotion is not really a priority in my beauty budget so I find the price a bit off-putting, but I canít refrain from buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This body lotion has a pleasant, soft powdery-floral fragrance and performs well enough, but I have used many other body lotions that work just as well and smell just as nice for a lot less money. And I actually prefer fragrance-free body lotions.

Ingredients: Water, Shea Butter, Ceteareth 12, Octyldodecanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Apricot Kernel Oil, Coconut Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Linseed Seed Extract, Honey Extract, Alcohol Denat, Polyacrylamide, Chlorphenesin, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Methyl, Butyl, Ethyl, Propyl, Isobutylparaben, Fragrance, Althea Officinalis Root Extract, Sweet Almond Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Laureth 7, Triethanolamine, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Soybean Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Alpha Methyl Ionone, Limonene. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by miyeko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

The lotion is okay, not too greasy and absorbs fairly well, but the scent! Ugh. I get terrible headaches from it. (I have allergies and am sensitive to scents, which is probably why I have a problem with this.) I use it on my legs and feet so I don't have to smell the lotion as much. Once the bottle runs out, I won't be purchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

I do like the product somewhat - it is sufficiently moisturizing for the winter. However, the smell (a blend of coconut with florals) can be over-powering. And like some of the reviewers below, I noticed a sheen on my skin after application, and a small pimple appeared on my wrist after using this (most likely due to the coconut oil component)! I never break out from body lotion, which makes this product a definite no-buy. I'd advise anyone interested in this product to check the ingredient list (helpfully provided by a reviewer below) and get a sample. Some people may not like the runny consistency - it is really a body milk rather than a lotion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A nice, rich, medium bodied lotion. Great for dry skin and does not smell offensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't ever bought this stuff, there just happens to be plentiful bounty of it due to my boyfriend's many hotel stays . . . Anyway I'm finding isn't anything remarkable at all. It has the lightest slightly body powder smell, which is pretty tolerable and subtle - no complaint there. But I'm finding the running consistency of this stuff is a little disappointing (I guess I like creamier lotion?). And it doesn't really feel like it' "absorbing." Rather I seem to have a shiny greasy sheen on my legs every time I apply it . . . If I cross my bare legs it's like slllllllipppp and slide. I'll probably continue to use the bounty until its depleted because I can't stand NOT to moisturize and it's not despicably bad lotion, just certainly not worth it's price!