September 19, 2014 | 1251 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Bloodwork

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazingly pigmented gloss. This reminds me more of a lip lacquer or liquid lipstick than a lip gloss. I love keeping this in my purse to pop on top of red lipstick when it starts drying my lips out or fading. Shiny, latex like shine. Gorgeous. It's thick, though - if that crosses your eyes some.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by catsaregrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm so torn on this. The colour and finish is amazing, they hit the nail on the head when they described it as 'red vinyl', however, it's so hard to work with. Bleeds like crazy, that's to be expected, but somehow it gets *everywhere*. It's quite sticky too, so once it's on skin or teeth, it's staying there! If you're prepared to put in the work, it's worth it, although it could be cheaper (bought at $55 in Australia. eep.)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by injectlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by studiodummies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm discovering more and more that I just love Nars lip glosses. I have so many different brands and to me, I don't think there's any that top the quality of this one. I like the consistency, the feel, opacity, the length of wear - I'm a habitual lip licker and biter, so there you go. Now onto this particular color I just happen to pick up. Well for starters, I can't stop looking at it - you just swipe a lil bit on and it's like a lipstick - that opaque and thick! So you don't need to put this over a lipstick because it's enough by itself! I think with the small amount that you use at a time, shows that it's probably going to last a good long while. Such a nice shine too! For the color, I would describe it as a real true red - very bold and vibrant - like bright red Jeep red lol - I think it would definitely be a head turner - I haven't worn it out yet, but like I said, I can't stop looking at it myself! We'll just have to see what happens when my Illamasqua Succubus comes in... So would I repurchase? Fer sure! Although, I don't think I'll need to anytime soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As a lover of red lippies...this is one that I actually bought a backup for! This is the most amazingly awesome pigmented l/g for a red! It is a touch thick for a l/g but that really doesn't both me too much. I do line my lips w/Barcelona (Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick)...just use as a liner. There's no need to fill in my lips. Keeps this amazing l/g looking pristine!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by undyingfashionvictim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I did a review of this on my blog with swatches etc so its really explained here: littlemissmaquillage.blogspot.com, but I love this lip gloss, its a great consistency and can be worn opaque for nights out or blotted on for bee-stung lips! Love, Vee

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Cheriseeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay this is a very thick gloss, that isn't really a gloss. Its basically a lipstick in a tube! It does leave a shiny finish, but after an hour it dries and is no longer shiny. It dries down to a slightly sticky and dry feeling. Not too bad, i can put up with this. The color does fade about 40% after 3 hours. You need a lip liner or this with feather like crazy after 2 hours. It's not the easiest to apply too. If this accidently gets on your cheek its hard to wipe up, leaves a red stain. Very powerfull stuff, so you dont want to messy up and you better have a steady hand! This is the only red that looks okay on me though, so i love it. I have 2 of these from TJMaxx

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by calledit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love the shade and intensity of this lipgloss, and the texture is actually not too bad. it is a little thicker than i like my lipglosses to be, but it stays put very well which i'm assuming is due to the thickness. good work on this one, nars.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by KAIMILK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this lipgloss. probably the favorite red I own as of now. It's really opaque and sticky, which I like because it lasts longer. I can use this alone and get luxurious red lips without lipstick or lipliner. Really the perfect red. Has excellent staying power as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by verte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE. Amazing, thick, opaque, pin-up, blood-red gloss that's more like a liquid lipstick. Not one to be applying without a mirror or on a bumpy bus ride. Looks great with my colouring (see review image above). I have two other NARS glosses (Bad Education, Dolce Vita) and the texture of this lipgloss is the thickest of the three. Although the gloss wears off in much the same time as most other glosses, it leaves behind a lovely, cherry-coloured stain that I have to use makeup remover/cleanser to remove completely. I will experiment with using the other red lipsticks in my stash as a base and layering this on the top. Probably not the best shade of lipgloss to be wearing to my conservative workplace but definitely good for nights out, or in... I bought it for about AU$25 off Strawberrynet which is excellent value considering NARS lipglosses cost AU$55 to buy retail. I already have a sizeable collection of red lipsticks but this is like nothing else I own, so I would repurchase.