November 23, 2014 | 2056 users online

Lip Gloss - Christian Dior - Plastic Shine in Memorable Violet

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very intense deep violet gloss that looks almost black when applied full-strength. I'm not goth, so I dab a little dot on and smear it well with some Cherry Chapstick to get a very beautiful metallic burgundy color. I've had my tube for about eight years, and it's still going strong.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 11:23:00 PM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I liked this. It's very very gooey, and very thick. The pigment is so dark and so overpowering that I think this would only be good for a very dark person's skin maybe at an after hours club. I would not buy again, even though the packaging is so gorgeous. Also it's hard to apply because it's so thick on the applicator. The applicator is also so long I feel I don't have good control. It's very glossy and very pigmented I can't even get it thinned down to formulate as the base of a nice layer effect although maybe I'm not the most artistic makeup artist. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2004 9:08:00 PM More reviews by BinaryDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this color to scare my husband. It is almost black. Very good pigmentation, lasts an incredibly long time, and if you blot it, you are left with a berry stain, very beautiful. I like playing with this, the packaging is fun. Very high quality gloss, pretty good value as it is hard to find a gloss that lasts. I think this color is gorgeous, I just don't know where I would wear it out to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2003 1:07:00 AM More reviews by brianx

This is a definite "goth" Plastic Shine shade (aside from the now discontinued true black shade they used to make), but not in a bad way. It somewhat reminds me of MAC's Sexie lipglass, but darker and definitely more purple than burgundy. Memorable Violet is an intensely blackened violet shade with a slight brick reddish undertone. Very dramatic and bold on lighter skintones, yet very flattering on darker.