October 21, 2014 | 2062 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid - Original

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Clover04750

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought the upright 4oz bottle. This facial lotion was recommended to me by a friend and raved about in a beauty book plus in magazines. I can't use SPF moisturizers because they break me out so badly. I have genetically big pores and my skin tends to get flaky and oily at the same time in the winter. Lately, my skin is...starting to look 31 and the quick temperature drop is making my skin super dry. A few months ago, I switched to Cetaphil cleanser, which has greatly decreased my blemishes.

I've been using this lotion for about a week now. After my morning shower, I use a little under a dime sized amount on my dry face. I like that its a bit watery because I do tend to overdo skin product applications. It doesn't make my face greasy, oily, or coated feeling like other moisturizers I've tried. Today, before my shower, my cheeks were a bit flushed. I'm not sure if its the product or a reaction to the temperature dropping so quickly. I will continue to use the product because 1. It's the least greasiest moisturizer I've ever used 2. I think the burn will go away after a while and 3. I cover my cheeks with powder foundation anyway so nobody will see.

The flush feeling in my cheeks really does feel like windburn. Before I say whether or not I'd recommend this to a friend, I'd like to use it for another month or two

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by rebavessey780

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product since i'v been a teen, It has never broke me out or irritated my skin. keeps my complexion looking healthy and doesnt feel over board like some moisturizers I have used.

This has a wonderful scent ( if you like soft smelling roses) and feels like my skin is as soft as rose petals

this product is great if you have dry to normal skin, they also have ones for oily,sensitive etc

This also works very great for a primer and for 12 bucks you really can not complain.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by YumieLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing moisturizer, even for oily skin! I was very impressed. I saw that it contained mineral oil, so I was a little skeptic. Many make up artists had sworn by this moisturizer so I decided to give it a shot. I like the packaging. It's very clean and convenient. Right when I put it on, my skin immediately absorbed it and there was so oily feel at all! My makeup was so smooth over it. I wear it day and night. I've seen great results with this lotion. My skin is so smooth, soft, and my fine lines have been disappearing. The price is reasonable for this product. You get great results just like an expensive moisturizer would give you. I would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Zoebella93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Ok so if I had to pik one item to stay with me while I got lost on a private island the Olay original beauty fluid would be the winner ! This stuff is my mega HG moisturizer ever!! It leaves my skin feeling and looking radiant and so beautiful people comment on how great my skin is and this is the main thing I have to be thankful for ! Price packaging quality is perfect ! My grandma and aunts used to use this all the time and I swear they look even better now then before they all look so beautifly young for there ages and I'm sure this has a lot to do with it I sure hope I look as good my grandma does when I'm her age ! Bottom line this stuff is magic fountain of youth In a bottle :)) btw at sam club they have 2 bottles for the price one one and a Half!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Disnep

It's light consistence but really moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by boxofcornflakes

This leaves my face feeling soft without the tacky-lotion feel. It doesn't make my face greasy either. I used to be scared of putting moisturizer on my face because I thought it would make me oily, so I would go without it. I would actually end up with dry skin that was producing excess oil. My parents would also comment on how dry my skin looked. Now that I've been using this, my skin looks healthy and feels healthy. I think the smell is nice. It smelled like pomegranate jelly beans to me at first which was awesome because I love that flavor, but over time you get used to the smell. Plus the fragrance doesn't linger. I use this twice a day after I wash my face. I use this in conjunction with the Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin in the tube. Works great for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by MasteringSweet

I really would love this moisturizer more if the smell weren't as pungent. It fades away as it dries, but I'm still not too fond of the scent. Also, I'm a fan of multitasking moisturizers (I have acne scarring from old breakouts, and a few fine wrinkle lines) - so I'm getting used to this one that is just a basic moisurizer.

Things I LOVE: quick absorbing, keeps my skin hydrated, and very lightweight. Aside from the smell I would have rated 4 stars!

Basically, I still need my multitasking creams, so this is just my "side" lotion for when I dont have my normal creams on-hand, or when I need a quick fix during the day or after the beach.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by ThumbelinaBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is a light moisturizer, that quickly absorbs into skin, with a very vintagey / rose scent. (some people say it reminds them of grandmothers, mothers, etc.) It comes out with a consistency equivalent to most other moisturizers, doesn't have a silicone-y feel, and doesn't have a watery consistency.
I have very acne / break out prone skin that reacts to literally almost every product I've used on my face (other than eye makeup / powders and blushes). Surprisingly though, even with such a heavy scent, this product doesn't break me out at all and keep my skin very clear. I began using this about a year ago, and used it all through the spring thru fall with no problem, but once it hit winter time my skin began to become dry so i had to switch moisturizers. I definitely think this is better for normal to combination skin types, it may be too moisturizing for oily skin, but not moisturizing enough for dry skin.
Overall, I would recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What is that smell?The pink active hydrating fluid smells quite bad, looks greasy on my very dry skin in winter, and does not absorb well. It does hydrate OK , did not break me out , so points for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by scruffmuffin8u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this classic product! I understand that there are a zillion better formulated moisturizers out there, but I absolutely adore this product. First of all, itís super cheap and can be found at any drugstore. Also its PINK and smells like powdery roses which I enjoy. This moisturizes my combination/sensitive skin well without making it to oily or thirsty for more. I use this simply to moisturize and thatís it. I donít expect it to prevent wrinkles or even out my skin tone. I know that there is nothing in this lotion that can do that. After my toner and serums, this just moisturizes and seals in all the goodies. It has never made my acne prone skin break out or cause any reaction because itís fragranced. Bottom line, if you looking for a lightweight moisturizer that will do nothing else but simply hydrate your skin, this is a great option!