April 23, 2014 | 1123 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Artificial Light Luminizing Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i said i wouldnt buy again. i am on the fence abt this product, i dont think it is good as an all over illuminator, as i have only used it this way, i will test it out as a highlighter then update later. as an illuminator, it gives my face an awful white cast, and makes me look sickly. very pearly, shiny and kind of oily, i had to put powder to dim the effects

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

While this product certainly gives you a strong glow, the colour has that awful purple tinge that so many highlighters have. It makes the glow look incredibly 'artificial' so I'm afraid it's a 'no' from me. Got my money back and bought Clinique's Up-Lighting Illuminator Lotion which is a much better match for my tanned skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by lcarr7uk

great colour, a little goes a long way though as its so irridescent. its very runny; best to pump on the back of your hand and blend with your ring finger but its very tacky and hard to blend out i find. it reacted weirdly with my foundation, clumping slightly. i wouldnt buy this again as i prefer powder highlighters; easier to blend and build!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by lovelydana

So disappointed! :( I mixed a half-pump of this in with my moisturizer and it made my face red and burn - and this has NEVER happened with any other product I've used on my face. I'm thinking it was my skin's reaction to the Bismuth. It's such a shame because it's such a pretty pinkish gold (I got it in Flash). I gave it two lippies just because it looks so great on my friends who have used it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by benny143

I have this in Flash (metallic gold shade). Great product- very lightweight. I like to use it on top of foundation to contour checks, brow bone, Cupid's bow. I have very high cheekbones and I love what this product does for my face. As others said, the pump needs work. The value, however, is outstanding! You only need a few drops to create a perfect face!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shade: Diffuse.
The pump is very touchy resulting in wasted product if not careful. Even if you are careful, it happens. Hopefully Smashbox will fix this.
I use this under my makeup for highlighting.
I like that it is thin for blending.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

EDIT:: 01.06.2013 ::

I ended up finding this in the long run tacky. It made my foundation shift and sort of clump around the area? I don't know how to explain. I guess splotchy would be the word. I swapped it away... No thank you. I like powders better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

This is by far the most luminescent, without being too shimmery. I use this mixed with my tinted mosturizer, and around my eyes. My eyes have a natural dark circle around them, more orangey around the eyelids and this luminizing lotion is good for covering those up (with a touch of foundation). The product can get messy, and the pump can get clogged. Also, I wish it pumped out more fluidly. Other than that, I am sold!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by rachelph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Did nothing to illuminate my nc45/nc50 skin. however, when my Caucasian friends tried it, they got nice results, so i decided to give it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by dvdfjojo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this in 'flash' which is a pinky goldy highlighter. It's a little bit too 'liquidy' so I sometimes get in a mess with it. I only bought a small sized sample on ebay to try it out but I'm still only a quarter of the way through that so it'll be a while before I need to get the full size.

It's a nicer, more natural sheen than Benefit's High Beam but still not quite HG - I want to try MAC's silver dusk shimmer powder or Nars' pigment in furore as these look brilliant on other people. Best get saving, this is gonna get expensive :-)